In September, Huawei launched the latest EMUI 11 at Huawei Developer Conference 2020. This new mobile software brings a number of new features over its predecessor and enhances the user experience with simplicity and better UI/UX.
Following its announcement, Huawei also opened the beta testing for the flagship smartphones and tablets including Huawei P40, Mate 30, and MatePad Pro lineups in China.
These devices have received an Artistic always-on display, smart multi-window mode, new smooth animation, and better animation effects on the notification bar. There are also distributed technology-based features such as multi-screen collaboration to establish a cross-device connection. There are also changes been made to some of the existing apps to boost their look and performance.
Later in September, Huawei upgraded Nova 7, Nova 6, Honor 30, and V30 devices also joined the beta testing pool. Then the company further extended the reach of EMUI 11 to devices including Huawei P30 and Mate 20 series.
In the second week of November, Huawei closed the rollout of beta rollouts for the Huawei P40, Mate 30, and MatePad Pro series with the release of stable EMUI 11.
Meanwhile, on December 16, Huawei announced recruitment for developers to test HarmonyOS 2.0 (Hongmeng OS 2.0) mobile beta on devices for eligible EMUI 11 devices.
Aside from the Chinese devices, Huawei has also begun upgrading global models of the Huawei P40, Mate 30, and MatePad Pro variants. And testing EMUI 11 beta on Huawei P30, Mate 20, and Nova 5T smartphones.
Furthermore, Huawei has also published a roadmap to upgrade its global models throughout the first and second half of 2021 and the whole schedule includes a bunch of devices.
In the midst of this entire conversation, Huawei has shared the upgrade progress that has been made to the date, and below you can check the devices along with their current EMUI 11 status.
- Stable – Testing closed
- Beta – Testing ongoing, Stable yet to release
EMUI 11 Upgrade Progress: 30 December 2020
- Huawei P40 – Stable
- Huawei P40 Pro – Stable
- Huawei P40 Pro Plus – Stable
- Huawei Mate 30 – Stable
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro – Stable
- Huawei Mate 30 5G – Stable
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G – Stable
- Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche Design – Stable
- Huawei Nova 7 5G – Stable
- Huawei Nova 7 Pro 5G – Stable
- Huawei Nova 6 – Stable
- Huawei Nova 6 5G – Stable
- Huawei Mate Xs – Stable
- Huawei P30 – Stable
- Huawei P30 Pro – Stable
- Huawei Mate 20 – Public Beta
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro – Public Beta
- Huawei Mate 20 RS Porsche Design – Public Beta
- Huawei Mate 20 X – Public Beta
- Huawei Mate 20 X 5G – Public Beta
- Huawei Mate X – Public Beta
- Huawei Nova 5 Pro – Public Beta
- Huawei MatePad Pro – Stable
- Huawei MatePad Pro 5G – Stable
- Huawei MatePad 10.8 – Stable
- Huawei MediaPad M6 10.8 inch – Public Beta
- Huawei MediaPad M6 8.4 inch – Public Beta
- Huawei MediaPad M6 Turbo Edition – Public Beta
- Honor V30 – Stable
- Honor V30 Pro – Stable
- Honor 30 – Stable
- Honor 30 Pro – Stable
- Honor 30 Pro Plus – Stable
- Honor 20 – Stable
- Honor 20 Pro – Stable
- Honor V20 – Stable
- Honor Magic 2 – Stable
- Honor 30, Honor V30, Honor 20, Honor V20, and Magic 2 devices receive Magic UI 4.0.
- This progress report is related to the Chinese variants