Huawei is pushing EMUI 11 to its smartphones and tablets. This major software update brings a number of new features, enhancements, and improvements for the users and improves the overall user experience.
According to the information, EMUI 11 installs new user interface changes in the notification panel, enables subtle animations, enhances UI elements such as settings menu, new always on display, improvements for multi-window mode, and multi-screen collaboration, and more.
Currently, Huawei is expanding the EMUI 11 to the global models and if you have an eligible device you can check the guide below to download the EMUI 11 on your smartphone.
1. If the Support app is not installed on your device, please go to Huawei AppGallery to download and install it. (If Support is already installed, please upgrade the app to the latest version on Huawei AppGallery.)
2. Make sure your device that there’s no pending update left to install, you can check it by going into Settings > System > Software update.
3. We recommend installing system updates when your battery is at least 50% charged.
4. Ensure you have a minimum of 5GB internal storage left in your device.
5. In case of data loss, we strongly suggest you to backup your data and complete all system updates through System Update (Settings > System & updates > Software update) before your upgrade to EMUI 11.
6. During the installation of EMUI 11, do not press any physical buttons or try to force shut down your device, as it may result in a failed installation.
7. Once installed, unlock your smartphone and let the device optimize the system and apps for your use for at least 2 to 4 minutes.
How to download and install EMUI 11:
- Open Settings
- System & updates
- Software update
- CHECK FOR UPDATES
- Tap on DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL
- Once downloaded, tap Install to install the downloaded software update
Via Support App (HiCare):
You can also upgrade to EMUI 11.0 via the Support App. However, before you start, ensure your device has the latest version of the Support app for a better experience.
- Open Support app
- In the Quick services section, click on More
- Tap on Update
- Tap on DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL
- Once download, Tap on Install to install the EMUI 11 update
Huawei Tip: How to enable/disable navigation gestures
With the bundles of settings and features, we generally forget to manage the system navigation gesture in our Huawei phone. Not only with the purpose of the design but it gives us easy commands on your phone.
Huawei provides special touch screen events including pinch, double-tap, scroll, long press, and flinch. By applying them you will easily return to the previous screen, back-to-home screen recent tasks, and more with a simple touch respectively. The aim of these gestures is to maximize on-screen reachability.
What are Huawei system navigation gestures:
The system navigation let you operate the phone with gestures rather than buttons, this builds an immersive experience to handle your smartphone. The gesture navigation patterns proliferate on handheld devices.
If you are unaware of such a feature in your Huawei phone, then here can check some easy guides to use system navigation gestures.
Below you can check the guide to navigate system gestures:
- Step 1: Open the Settings app on your phone
- Step 2: Click on System & updates
- Step 3: Search for System navigation
- Step 4: Make sure that Gestures is selected
After applying the System navigation gesture on your phone, here the question arises that how it works:
- For the return to the previous screen: Swipe in from the left or right edges to return to the previous screen
- For back to the home screen: Swipe up from the bottom to go to the home screen
- Recent tasks: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and hold to view recent task
- Close an app: When viewing recent tasks, swipe on an app preview to close the app
- Switch between apps: Alide across the bottom edge of the screen to switch between apps.
- Before using this gesture, touch Settings on the System navigation screen, and ensure that Slide across the bottom to switch app is enables
- Swipe across the bottom of the screen in an arc to switch between apps
How to check Google Play Protect certificate on Android devices
Google delivers Android updates with security against unwanted bugs and viruses that may cause your device and compromise data. Moreover, the built-in Play service gives you access to entertain yourself with the third-party app.
On the flip side, Google boasts you access to check whether your Android device is Play Protect certified, to ensure the security and device compatibility to run apps, and also to maintain your device consistency and security Google.
In other words, if your device has a Google Play Protect certificate, then it shows only the licensed apps for Google with passed Android compatibility testing. Notably, the certified smartphone is compatible with Google apps like the Google Play Store, Gmail and more.
If you’re using an unauthenticated device, Google will not verify that your device’s app is fair. In addition, devices are vulnerable to security risks because they cannot receive system or app updates. This also means that your data will not be backed up and synced with Google services.
On the other hand, if you are using the latest Huawei smartphone then you will not find the Google Play Services. This is due to the partnership breakup between Huawei and Google, which prohibits Huawei from using GMS. For Huawei users, the Chinese tech giant launches its own Mobile Services HMS in replacement of GMS but it’s still under development.
Here you can check the guide to see if your Android device is Play Protect Certified or not:
- Launch the Google Play Store app
- Now click on the profile icon
- Go to settings
- Under About scroll down to find Play Protect certification
If you find ‘Device is Uncertified’ then contact your device manufacturer immediately and ask for a fully tested and Play Protect certified device. Google Play Protect certificate helps your device secure it from all threats.
Here’s how to check battery consumption of your Huawei phone
Our Huawei smartphone is playing an important role in managing day-to-day life, over which it’s our responsibility to manage its battery consumption usage manually for the last long battery life. Meanwhile, battery consumption management becomes more important as it refreshed and boots up the battery function, and optimizes device performance. If your using a Huawei smartphone then must follow the below-mentioned guide to managing your battery consumption.
- Open the Setting app
- Then Battey or Optimiser
- Now you can view
- View power consumption details and learn about power consumption and usage ranking of apps
- Touch the time slot on the battery level chart to learn about the power consumption of the battery level chart.
- Touch the app to see battery usage details, or touch Kill to close the app.
Some pre-installed apps cannot be closed
How to enable Power Saving Mode:
Alongside checking the battery consumption Huawei is also offers you a power-saving mode, it generally used when you then low battery life it helps to run your phone on low battery for more and more.
You can enable the power-saving mode when the battery level of your phone is low but using the following mentioned steps:
- Go to settings
- Then Battery or Optimiser
- Now enable power-saving mode
How to enable performance Mode:
Performance mode changes the power settings to provide ultimate performance. In particular, using a graphics-intensive app will drain your battery faster. You can try this mode to try something new with your Huawei phone via below mentioned steps:
- Go to settings
- Then the Battery or optimizer
- Now enable the performance mode
A meter time icon will appear in your display of the status bar, notably this feature is limited to some Huawei devices. Do check and if available then must try to operate this on your Huawei phone.
How to enable Smart Charge:
Smart Charge learns charging habits intelligently and manages the charging process. This feature reduces the time the device is fully charged, reduces battery wear levels, and extends battery life. You can apply this feature to manage the activity.
Especially if you charge your phone overnight, this feature will stop charging when the battery capacity reaches a particular level over time. Your smartphone will continue to charge until your device is fully charged before you wake up in the morning.
- Open the setting app
- Battery option
- Then more battery setting
- Now enable the Smart Battery Capacity feature