After completion of recruitment, now Honor has begun to roll out the first Magic UI 4 beta version for Honor 20, 20 Pro, V20, and Magic 2 devices. As per details, the new changelog brings new features like smart multi-window, subtle effect, super notepad, and more.
Honor 20, 20 Pro, V20, and Magic 2 grabbing 22.214.171.124 version, which is upgraded from 10.1.0.170. Currently, these versions are available for users, who are registered for Magic UI 4 closed beta testing.
Recently, Honor has also released the stable Magic UI 4 version stable version for the Honor 30 and V30 series. The Honor 30 and V30 series is the first series, which received the Magic UI 4 stable version. Know more
Smart Always-On-Display (AOD)
- EMUI 11 refines the user experience and brings vivid, dynamic visual elements for the Always-On-Display. Now, AOD allows users to customize your screen and showcase your personal style by adding text and images to your lock screen. (only for Magic 2 devices)
- Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen
- Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- It allows you to scan documents. You can also quickly identify and extract text from images, edit the text, export it in multiple file formats, and share it.
- Translate screen allows you to touch and hold the text on a foreign language web page with one finger, or on a picture with two fingers, to have the text translated. You can also adjust the area of the screen to be translated.
Hide Display Message:
- When screencasting in mobile mode, enable the message do not disturb function, which allows the phone’s incoming calls and message banner notifications to be displayed only on the phone interface, which protects the privacy and ensures the continuity of screencasting.
- This update is currently rolling out in China.
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- The update will not erase any data.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
HOW TO UPDATE:
Download via Settings:
- Open Settings
- Click on the System & updates
- Open Software update
- Tap on Check for updates option
- If an update is available, click on Download and install
- After installation Reboot the device
Download via Support app:
- Open the Support app on your device
- Go to the Service tab
- Click on the update button
- Tap on Check for update option
- If an update is available, click on Download and install
- After installation Reboot the device
Honor is rolling out Magic UI 5.2/EMUI 12
There have been a lot of people including ourselves asking about Huawei EMUI 12 for Honor smartphones. While we were waiting for this rollout, Honor is actually sending EMUI 12 based Magic UI 5.2 for smartphones.
A week ago, our fellow reader Adrian shared a screenshot of the Magic UI 5.2 rollout for the Honor 20 smartphone. The shared screenshot reveals more information about the software, which shows EMUI 12 in the base.
Earlier this year, we reported that Honor will release EMUI 12 for Honor smartphones. However, the company showed no sign of this since then.
Meanwhile, Honor smartphones users gave us questions one after another related to this upgrade. But it’s finally here and it’s happening. Don’t worry, we got some proof to cement this claim.
What did we find?
While researching further, we found that the Honor 20 is not the only smartphone to get Magic UI 5.2. Because EMUI 12 is also upgrading other Honor smartphones such as the top-tier Honor 30 and V30 series.
That’s not it, Honor is randomly sending EMUI 12 build for old budget devices such as Honor 10 Lite, and Honor V20 as well. However, some other users of the same models are still waiting for the OTA update.
For your information, the Magic UI 5.2/EMUI 12 is spotted in Russia and we’ve not found this occurring in another market.
May take some time to expand:
We’re certain this rollout is in the initial stage and may take some to reach every eligible Honor model. Also, we’re not expecting a fast rollout.
If you want to check for the latest software update, visit Settings > System & updates, tap on Software updates and then CHECK FOR UPDATES. Alternatively, we suggest you to also check for new firmware via the My Huawei app.
Before you proceed, make sure you get a backup of important data and maintain internal storage to download Magic UI 5.2/EMUI 12 on your Honor smartphone.
This update introduces the intuitive Magic UI 5.2 interface, which provides the Device Interactions section of the Control Panel and various useful features.
- A more flexible font setting allows you to adjust the size and weight of the font using the slider.
- Neomorphism concept applied to UI elements: simple color tints, shadows and highlights are used for a more realistic effect.
- Tapping and holding application folders on the home screen enlarges them for easy access to the applications in them.
[Notification Panel and Control Panel]
- Access the Notification Panel by swiping Down from the Top Left of the screen to view notifications and the Control Panel by swiping Down from the Top Right of the screen to use the icons.
- An audio control section has been added to the Control Panel that makes it easy to switch between different audio devices and audio applications.
- Quickly turn on the Multi-screen function by clicking on the Huawei laptop and tablet icons in the Device+ section of the Control Panel, and broadcast Video too large screens by clicking on the HUAWEI Vision icon.
Artificial intelligence in all scenarios:
- The mobile phone and laptop joint authentication function allow you to unlock the phone by entering the phone screen unlock password on the Huawei laptop when the phone and laptop are connected using the Multiscreen function.
- Access documents or pictures on your phone using your laptop without having to connect two devices with a data cable.
- Enhanced data transfer speed of Huawei Share for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets and laptops.
- Adding the MeeTime app that supports making HD voice and video calls over Wi-Fi or mobile data network.
- Adding support for screen sharing during video calls, allowing you to mark important information and share it during video conversations.
- Support for multi-party voice and video calls on Huawei phones and tablets.
Monthly and Quarterly: Honor Magic UI July 2022 Device List
Honor has recently released the July 2022 Magic UI security patch details for the eligible Monthly and Quarterly Honor smartphones and tablets devices. Yes, it is a little delayed as compared to EMUI July 2022 security patch but only the Mate 40 series receives its security patch.
Honor July 2022 security patch contains certain fixes and various privacy and security-related issue and exploits. These vulnerabilities are marked as 2 critical, 11 marked as High, and 8 markets as a medium level of CVEs. Meanwhile, doesn’t include any low level of CVE.
While some of the old devices from Honor are getting security patches from Huawei, launched ahead of the breakup of these two firms. Meanwhile, here is a list of Honor devices dedicated to the July 2022 Magic UI security patch to be noted, these phones launched post-Huawei and Honor separation.
However, the company will soon release the July 2022 Magic UI security patch update for the below-mentioned devices soon. All you need to sty turn on it with us to get the latest info about the updates or you can check wisely on your smartphone setting>>System and Update>>Click on Software Update and now you can follow the on-screen instruction to get the latest firmware version.
Monthly updates Magic UI device list of July 2022:
Honor Magic Series:
- Honor Magic 4 Ultimate Edition
- Honor Magic 4 Pro
- Honor Magic 4
- Honor Magic V
- Honor Magic 3 Ultimate Edition
- Honor Magic 3 Pro
- Honor Magic 3
Honor V Series:
- Honor V40 Light Luxury Edition
- Honor V40
Honor Digital Series:
- Honor 70 Pro
- Honor 70 Pro+
- Honor 70
- Honor 60 SE
- Honor 60 Pro
- Honor 60
- Honor 50 Pro
- Honor 50
- Honor 50 SE
Quarterly update section of July 2022
Honor X series:
- Honor X30
- Honor X30 Max
- Honor X30i
- Honor X20
- Honor X20 SE
Honor Play series:
- Honor Play 30
- Honor Play 30 Plus
- Honor Play 20 Pro
- Honor Play 20
- Honor Play6T Pro
- Honor Play6T
- Honor Play5 Vitality
- Honor Play5T Pro
- Honor Play5
- Honor Play5T Vitality
- Honor Tablet 7
- Honor Tablet V7 Pro
- Honor Tablet V7
- Honor Tablet Z3
- Honor Tablet X7
Honor Magic UI/Android July 2022 security update details
July is in its midway and the wait of consumers for the latest security patch is now over. Honor has just published the Android-based Magic UI July 2022 security patch details for several of its smartphones and tablets. However, the security patch rollout is yet to start via OTA medium.
Talking of the new patch, the Magic UI July 2022 security patch details of Honor shows a limited number of fixes to the internal system. Yet, these fixes are important to maintain the stability of the device and operate the functions efficiently.
With the latest July 2022 security patch, Honor fixes a total of 22 exploits of the Magic UI system. These include 2 critical, 11 high, and 8 moderate levels of vulnerabilities. Moreover, these issues are related to the kernel components, MediaTek components, and security systems.
Apart from the fixes, the patch also provides improvement to the security section of the device. It enhances the solidity of the core parts, making them coherent against malware. So Honor users! we recommend you grab the patch as soon as it hits the floor to enjoy a smooth and efficient experience.
Aside from waiting for the OTA update notification, you can check for the latest update manually. Just head to the Settings menu > System & Updates > Software Updates. From here, follow the on-screen norms.
Honor Magic UI/Android July 2022 security patch details
Critical: CVE-2022-20222; CVE-2022-20229
High: CVE-2021-4154; CVE-2021-0981; CVE-2021-39691; CVE-2022-20141; CVE-2022-20221; CVE-2022-20223; CVE-2022-20226; CVE-2022-20228; CVE-2022-20230; CVE-2022-25258; CVE-2022-25375
Medium: CVE-2018-25020; CVE-2021-20268; CVE-2021-20321; CVE-2021-31440; CVE-2021-34556; CVE-2021-35119; CVE-2021-3635; CVE-2022-0492
Magic UI 7.0
On the flip side, the Honor team is also investing its time in the deployment of Magic UI 7.0. Certainly, the company will soon unveil some new flagship models and a dynamic interface for its users.
According to the information, the next Magic UI version will be based on the Android 13 system. Thus users would be able to catch a new view on their Honor devices. Further, features such as Material You will uplift the user experience to some more extent.
Read More: Honor Magic UI 7 is coming: Honor CEO