On September 13, 2021, Huawei CEO of Consumer Business Group – Yu Chengdong announced the 100 million HarmonyOS smartphone upgrade. The 100 million HarmonyOS upgrades are one most amusing announcements made by the consumer product head.
Despite its limited availability, HarmonyOS continues to make new records thanks to the enthusiasm of the consumers. This interest is also boosted by the features and the old hardware support that goes for years-old devices such as Mate 9 devices, which were launched in 2017.
Recently, Huawei has started recruiting the 6th phase HarmonyOS 2.0 beta testers and the rollout will also begin soon. With this speed, the company is expected to cover more devices with this new operating system and the number will continue to rise further.
Following its official launch on June 2, 2021, HarmonyOS 2.0 has exceeded 10 million installations and it was just a beginning. After 15 days, the HarmonyOS 2.0 crossed over 18 million users. 25 million upgrades came in the month of the launch, at that time, the company added 7 million users in just 15 days.
On July 8, 2021, Huawei announced 30 million HarmonyOS 2.0 installations in smartphones. On July 29, 2021, at the Huawei P50 series launch event, Yu Chengdong, CEO of Huawei consumer business group announced to complete 40 million installations on smartphone devices.
We entered August, and now HarmonyOS exceeds 50 million downloads, according to the data revealed by the company, 8 users are upgrading with this new operating system per second.
HarmonyOS 3 beta is now available for Huawei MatePad 11
Huawei MatePad 11 users started collecting the iconic HarmonyOS 3.0 beta update, this latest build will redesign your large screen with numerous new features and give you a fresh start with on your tablet.
No doubt, this new HarmonyOS 3 version for your Huawei MatePad 11 tablet, brings a number of positive changes but there is another side of this beta update, that you should be aware of. As any beta update comes for the testing and with the purpose to know the user’s experience with the new build.
However, the beta version isn’t a stable release so you may experience some flaws in this beta testing. We suggest you take part fearlessly, as the Huawei MatePad 11 tablet is compatible to handle any considerable version.
For upgrading, the new version HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124, which is upgradable over HarmonyOS 126.96.36.1995 build version. Below you can check the adaptable model:
- Huawei MatePad 11 WiFi version DBY-W09
How to update:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on System & updates
- Tap Software update
- Tap Check for Updates
- Download and Install
- Stackable: you can view cards by swiping up and down, or by pulling down and then swiping left to delete, you can also drag to change the order of the cards or add them to the desktop.
- Combinable: You can combine cards of different sizes and application shortcuts into one. Cards and combined cards can be resized, and you can apply combined templates with a single click.
- Smart folder: There are additional sizes and styles available, and you can change the size by long-pressing the folder. You can always find the right one, no matter how much or how little you apply. Storage options, as well as more efficient use of desktop space
- Smart desktop layout: Kneading the desktop intelligently layouts the desktop, you can categorize applications and cards by color and function, and one-click selection generates a personalized desktop automatically.
- Xiaoyi: Xiaoyi recommends continuous wisdom upgrading and can dynamically recommend services or applications based on time, scene, location, and usage habits, among other things, providing you with a time-saving and convenient experience.
Full-scene smart life:
- Super terminal: Hyperterminal has been fully expanded to support more device types, various devices can be flexibly combined, interconnected, and coordinated, and devices with different Huawei IDs can also be quickly interconnected, allowing the benefits of each device to be freely invoked.
- Broadcast control center: Support for connecting two pairs of Bluetooth headphones at the same time has been added, for one song, two people can enjoy and listen to the beauty together, in addition, a multi-device broadcast control function has been added, which can conveniently control the music playback of nearby speakers through the mobile phone’s broadcast control center.
Performance and power consumption:
- Superframe game engine: The superframe game engine has been improved further, and energy consumption has been reduced by intelligently scheduling CPU and memory resources.
Privacy and security:
- Privacy center: Provides you with access to all application permissions in the General dashboard, as well as proactive privacy protection suggestions for potential risks You are aware that for all visits
- Security Center: You can check the security status of the current device or other devices with the same Huawei ID at any time, proactively assisting you in identifying problems and providing protection The device is said to be safer and more reliable.
- Visual Aid: Image description and text recognition functions have been added, which can report the characteristics and positions of people or objects recognized in the scene, the text content recognized in the reading environment, describing people appearing in the camera lens, and so on.
- Hearing Aid: Supports quick connection with hearing aids, You can quickly discover nearby hearing aid devices through Bluetooth and easily pair and connect. Added vocal enhancement function, which optimizes the sound by enhancing the clarity of the human voice in the environment, calls, and media to make the sound heard more clearly.
Huawei Mate Xs 2 gets HarmonyOS 3 beta
The Huawei Mate Xs 2 smartphone is renowned for its distinctive display and beautiful appearance. It is also jam-packed with creative software features that provide an exceptional user experience. The company released a new standard HarmonyOS 3 beta update for the Huawei Mate Xs 2 smartphone to make it more compatible.
The HarmonyOS 3 beta update for Huawei Mate Xs 2 offers a super device that is fully expanded and supports more types of devices that can freely invoke, interconnect and coordinate with different Huawei LDs, this helps each device connected to your models.
Additionally, the Huawei Mate Xs 2 users can now experience a new look on their home screen. All you need to pinch the screen to intelligently apply the layout, it easily classified applications and widgets by color and feature to apply a personalized home screen in a single tap.
While talking about the privacy and security features of the HarmonyOS 3, then it provides you a general dashboard for all application permission and behavior. Besides, it proactively provides privacy protection suggestions for possible threats.
To know more about the HarmonyOS 3 beta version of Huawei Mate Xs smartphone then below you can check the changelog info and build version:
Who can grab this:
If your Huawei Mate Xs 2 (PAL-AL00), and Mate Xs 2 (PAL-AL00) edition is running over the HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 version, then you’re eligible to get the HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 version.
All the HarmonyOS 3 beta-eligible models have offered the same version number alongside the changelog. So you can check our previous articles to know more about the new feature and changes for the devices. Read more
Also, you can share your query, opinion, and experience with this new major software version via
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
OpenHarmony gets permission to publish software threat details
OpenAtom Foundation has officially announced that it has obtained permission for CVE (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures) disclosure. Finally, OpenHarmony will get the chance to publish its software details and exploits of the system.
According to the latest information, the OpenAtom Foundation has recently participated in the CNA (Common Vulnerability Disclosure Numbering Authority) program. Consequently, the organization gave the honor to the foundation to become the numbering authority.
OpenHarmony is an open-source project managed and operated by the OpenAtom Foundation. The main aim of this project is to build an open-source, distributed operating system framework for smart devices. So far, the respective project has several rights to go with. However, it remains stagnant from the discovery and publishing of the vulnerabilities and exposures of its systems.
As of now, the firm has qualified for the CVE general vulnerability disclosure issuing. This means that now the OpenHarmony system has full right to define its software details and identify the exploits and security threats if any.
How does the CVE Disclosure work?
Generally, the CVE authority, established in September 1999 is a global non-profit institution. The institute has various IT vendors, security firms, and security research centers around the globe. Together, these cooperations contribute to the issuance and managing of the software details of a particular system.
Apart from these cooperations, some specific stakeholders help to find the vulnerability in the system. These individuals identify the threats of the software through a unique CVE code. This code helps the operators trace the issues and find a definitive solution for them. Thereafter, the company releases the patches based on these threats.
Since OpenHarmony has become the CVE numbering authority, the firm is free to manage and handle the CVE numbers related to the OpenHarmony community. On the other hand, it is now responsible for assigning and describing the errors in the authorization.
You can understand in a better way about the OpenHarmony Vulnerability policy, HERE.