The first batch of testing includes the flagship Honor 30 and V30 series. Moving on, the Honor 20, 20 Pro, and V20 devices were recruited in the second round of the Magic UI 4 beta program. After delivery of two beta builds, stable Magic UI 4 rolled out for tester as well as Magic UI 3.1 users in China.
In this line, the company also entered the global market and started registering devices for the latest Magic UI 4 test ahead of a stable release. As per previous information, Honor 20, 20 Pro, and V20 models were scheduled to get the official Magic UI 4 in the first quarter of 2021.
Now, the wait of these device users is going to end because Honor has started releasing the Magic UI 4 major upgrades for global variants. However, stable rollout currently is in its early stage so it may take some time to reach your device.
The Magic UI 4 features a new smart always-on display (AOD) with artistic themes, multi-screen collaboration, super notepad, subtle effect, rhythmic ringtones, undisturbed screen protection, and more. [Full changelog below]
Stable Magic UI 4 Version:
Honor 20, 20 Pro, and V20 smartphone users grabbing stable Magic UI 4 version 22.214.171.124 and package size of over 1.84GB.
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- Software version and size may vary depending on the market.
- Recommended that you take a back-up before installing the update.
- Recommended to upgrade over Wi-Fi.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
MAGIC UI 4 CHANGELOG:
This update introduces Magic UI 4/EMUI 11, providing a rich array of possibilities for you to stay connected in all scenarios. This new system version carries forward Huawei’s All SCenario design concept and provides a richer and more integrated cross-device experience.
Based on the idea of “Technology for people”, Magic UI 4/ EMUI 11 brings a more artistic interface design, friendlier interactions, and a more innovative and convenient cross-device connection experience for people to perform better at work and in life.
- Artistic Theme: Adds the Starry Night theme, featuring vivid color painting. (You can apply this theme in the Themes app.)
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen. Long take animations will be displayed when you are switching between albums in Gallery or between year and month views in Calendar, for smoother visual effects.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations bring you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
- NotePad Privacy: This allows you to lock notes in NotePad.
- Photo sharing privacy: This allows you to remove the shooting location, time, and device information from photos before sharing them.
February 2022 security update released for Honor Play 9A
Honor Play 9A smartphone began collecting a new security update released in February 2022 for better system security. As it brings fixes for several common vulnerabilities found in the latest software system to protect the device against threats.
According to the information, Honor Play 9A February 2022 update laned on the ground with Magic UI 3.1 version 126.96.36.199 updated from 188.8.131.52. However, we don’t exactly update size but it is expected to be regular.
- Honor Play 9A MOA-AL00
- Honor Play 9A MOA-AL20
- Honor Play 9A MOA-TL00
So, Honor Play 9A users don’t miss this update because it carries very important security improvements. However, the update is rolling out in batches and may take some time to reach you. Don’t be panic and have a nice day!
Furthermore, if you don’t want to wait for an OTA update notification, then it’s fine. You can check the update manually and download it by following the updates mentioned below.
How to check for updates:
Simply, turn on your smartphone and go to the settings menu. Then, tap on the system & updates and click on software updates. Afterward, you will see a new page with the option CHECK FOR UPDATES, tap on it and wait for the phone to connect server and get the update for you. From here, tap on the download and install button.
On the flip side, you can perform the same update task through the My Huawei app. Go to the My Huawei app and visit the update section. Then, follow on-screen instructions to download install the update.
Although, this update doesn’t erase your data we recommend you keep a backup of your important and personal data. Keep in mind, the smartphone should be charged 30% or above and have an adequate amount of storage in the phone.
Send us tips on the contacts mentioned below:
- Message us on Twitter
Honor Magic UI 6.0 launched based on Android 12
On January 10, Honor has launched the new version of the Magic UI software system, Magic UI 6.0 based on the latest Android 12. At the press conference, Honor CEO, Zhao Ming has presented a “continuous dream” of Magic UI 6.0.
Honor Magic UI 6.0 is designed with aim of bringing a new experience better than other OS. While maintaining the advantages of the Magic Live Smart Engine and other advantages. The Magic UI 6.0 comes with multi-device intelligent collaboration, focusing on smart life, collaborative office, and much more.
According to the official information, Honor Magic UI 6.0 upgrades Magic Live + Basic OS and Magic Live + cross-device OS three-dimensional knowledge experience under the real-time online perception, comprehension, and learning capabilities of Magic Live Intelligence Engine. “In the future, Honor’s Magic UI will take a different growth path from all existing brands.”
Honor also showed a signal comparison between the Magic 3.0 and the Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max, which is generally stronger and more power-efficient than the iPhone 13. As compared to Magic UI 5.0, the Magic UI 6.0 also improved the average frame rate of games, improved application retention rates, and even extended the Magic 3’s battery life by 20 minutes.
Furthermore, Honor Magic UI 6.0 is unleashed with the blessing of the Magic Live intelligent engine that can sense the geolocation through all-weather in boarding, subway, express delivery, elevator, and other scenarios. It matches the relationship between people’s location and time accounts, as well as provides relevant data partners to provide accurate intelligent services.
The Magic can actively provide smart services with a live visual experience. In the case of business travel, Yoyo suggests that flight information will be displayed in time, voice prompts boarding, and the boarding pass can be opened with a key. Based on industry-leading multi-level geofencing technology, Magic Live is 6 times more accurate than traditional sensing technology, 500 times more accurate in real-time, and reduces power consumption by up to 95%.
Magic Live will also actively learn and receive visual rules and recommendation rules based on user habits so that YOYO suggestions can become your unique smart assistant. Subway view, one-click swipe code, view of the house, and pickup signal.
In addition, Honor also launched the Honor Connect interconnection protocol, which can achieve 10ms low latency, 1.2GBps high data throughput, and a 20% anti-packet loss rate. Glory supports sharing and collaboration mode functions and supports compatibility with OLA protocol and METAR protocol.
With Basic OS, Magic Live can customize Smart Folders according to personal habits, and intelligently recommend app combinations on the go, for office meetings, entertainment, and leisure. Magic Live provides personalized optimization strategies for different scenarios: Link Turbo X integrates network distributed computing technology to improve communication stalls in weak signal environments.
GPU Turbo X is equipped with AI real-time scene prediction and scheduling to improve the average frame rate. the device maintains “quiet” while playing; OS Turbo X Smart Memory technology, application survival increased by 20%, battery life equivalent time increased by 5% magic live black technology wisdom blessings.
Honor is a strategic partner of Microsoft’s Your Phone function in China, the Magic Live cross-device experience has also been upgraded. In addition to the new Honor Connect interconnection protocol, Honor Sharing supports seamless interconnection transfer between mobile phones, tablets, and PCs, as well as high-speed reciprocal transfers between Windows PCs.
Cross-device collaboration supports keyboard and mouse sharing and screen expansion. The protocol is open for shelves and standard adaptations have been deeply incorporated to support more ecological devices.
Apart from this, Honor has also launched a brand new Honor Smart Desktop YOYO recommends cross-device reminders to continuously remind the schedule through various interactions such as card capsules, headset voices, and watch messages.
Magic UI 6.0 provides several service cards recommended by YOYO, creating a variety of themed desktops, and changing styles as you wish. New large folders function, directly click storage app, efficient and one-touch. Human factors engineering interactive effects, a mirror to the end. In other respects, Magic UI 6.0 also announced that it will continue to protect user privacy and security in all aspects and at all times.
The smartphone that will update first over Magic UI 6.0 in first-quarter belongs to the Magic 3 series. While the Honor 50 series will do so in the second quarter of the year. In the third quarter, Honor mobiles such as the V40, 50SE, X30, X20, or V7 will be updated.
December 2021 update rolling out for Honor 50 smartphone (Magic UI 4.2)
Honor 50 running on Magic UI 4.2 (Android 11) has begun receiving the December 2021 software update that brings optimizations for various system features and security. As per the information, this latest update comes with Magic UI version 184.108.40.206 and a software package size of 277MB.
The Honor 50 December 2021 update log reveals that it optimizes the camera performance and system stability for a smoother user experience. In addition to this, it also installs the security patch released in December 2021 for better system security.
However, the changes that arrived with this firmware update are worth of installation package size. So, we suggest Honor 50 smartphone users maintain at least 300MB of free storage on their device to download the latest software update package.
So, what are the fixes with December 2021 Magic UI security patch?
Well, Honor December 2021 Magic UI security patch fixes 2 critical and 11 moderate levels of CVE found in the latest software system and enhances the overall device security.
Special thanks to the tipster: Tamil G
Send us tips on the contacts mentioned below:
- Message us on Twitter
- Camera: Optimizes the camera performance in some scenarios.
- System: System stability tweaks for a smoother experience.
- Security: Installs December 2021 security patch for improved system security
- Go to Settings
- Tap on System & updates
- Tap Software update
- Tap Check for Updates
- Download and Install
- Install and restart your device
Honor 50 smartphone launched on June 17, 2021, and sports a 6.57-inch display with a resolution of 2340×1080 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G processor and comes with 8GB of RAM, 128GB of internal storage, and a 4300mAh battery with fast charging support.
In terms of software, this smartphone comes pre-installed with Magic UI 4.2 based on Android 11. On the rear side, it has a 108 MP+8MP+2MP+2MP quad-camera system and the front side has a 32MP selfie shooter.
The Connectivity options on the Honor 50 include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Bluetooth v5.20, and USB Type-C. Sensors on the phone include an in-display fingerprint sensor.