Last September, at Huawei Developer Conference, Huawei unveiled its latest version of its mobile operating system as EMUI 11. This new EMUI version comes with a number of new features including smart AOD, subtle animations, improved multi-screen collaboration, and more.
The company initially started EMUI 11 testing on Huawei P40, Mate 30, and MatePad Pro devices in China and later the company expanded this program to more smartphones including the Huawei P30 and Mate 20.
Later in 2020, Huawei also opened the EMUI 11 beta testing in markets outside of China and announced EMUI 11 rollout schedule, according to which, the company will send EMUI 11 for its eligible devices throughout the first half of 2021.
Meanwhile, Huawei has completed the EMUI 11 installation for almost every announced device in the home market. Adding to this, the Chinese tech giant has now confirmed that the latest EMUI version has completed over 100 million upgrades in total, which is a big milestone.
HarmonyOS is the next step:
Furthermore, Huawei also confirmed that the next step in software updates will be to bring HarmonyOS (Hongmeng OS) to the users and upgrade older devices.
According to the information, Huawei will launch HarmonyOS for smartphones in April and the first batch of devices will surely include the latest foldable phone, Huawei Mate X2. Although it’ll not be the only phone to upgrade as there will be more coming soon.
Previously, Wang chenglu, Chief of the Software department at Huawei announced that the company will launch a new Huawei smartphone packed with HarmonyOS software. A report also suggests that the first HarmonyOS smartphone could be the upcoming Huawei P50 but there’s no official confirmation available on this matter.
It’s also reported that the EMUI 11.1 will come with HarmonyOS kernel and it will be the last EMUI version before the eligible device receives HarmonyOS upgrade. Furthermore, Huawei has planned big for the HarmonyOS and install it on over 300 to 400 million devices including smartphones, tablets, smart homes, and IoT devices.
Huawei EMUI November 2022 Updates List
Meanwhile, we also noted that the release of the October 2022 security patch for flaghip phones – P50 Pro, Mate 30 Pro, and P40 Pro is still in the air. As these phone users continue to ramp up reports on the receiving.
Still, we don’t have a clue about EMUI 13, yes, Huawei has not released a roadmap or testing details on this upcoming EMUI version. On the other hand, fans are waiting eagerly to get their hands on the next EMUI version.
As revealed in the listing, EMUI 13 comes with new features and optimizations over EMUI 12. This version has brand-new service widgets, and an improved large folder system with more layouts. Huawei has also increased safety with new security and privacy center.
Amid this software-related stuff, we also noticed that Huawei is expanding the reach of the Mate 50 series in different countries. To be mentioned, Mate 50 lineup is the first to pre-pack with EMUI 13 software. Yet, a rollout for old devices is what everyone is looking at.
Furthermore, Huawei Nova Y61 also marked the debut for global consumers. It features a 50MP triple AI-powered camera system and comes with a 22.5W super fast charger, 5000mAh battery, and EMUI 12 software.
Aside from all of the action-packed sequences, this article will give you updates on each Huawei EMUI firmware rollout happening in the month of November 2022. Check them below.
November 26, 2022:
- Huawei Nova 9 smartphone is getting November 2022 EMUI security patch that installs various new improvements for the system.
November 25, 2022:
- Huawei Mate Xs foldable phone in the global market installing November 2022 EMUI security update with EMUI version 126.96.36.1990.
- Huawei Nova Y70 smartphone is receiving November 2022 EMUI software update with EMUI 188.8.131.52 build version.
- Huawei P50 Pro is receiving November 2022 security update with EMUI 12 version 184.108.40.2066. However, users are waiting for a new major upgrade.
- Huawei P30 Pro smartphone users with EMUI 12 are receiving November 2022 security update. The phone is getting this new firmware with version 220.127.116.11.
November 24, 2022:
- Huawei P30 Lite is getting a new software update with EMUI 12 version 18.104.22.168 and patches to improve the phone’s security.
November 21, 2022:
- Huawei is rolling out VOTE and VoWiFi HD feature for some flagship including Huawei P40 Series, Mate 40 Pro and Mate 30 Pro global models running EMUI 12 software.
- Huawei P40 Pro global units are getting November 2022 EMUI software update with EMUI version 22.214.171.1240.
November 15, 2022:
- In some markets, Huawei Mate 50 Pro users are reported of upgrading over HarmonyOS 3 from EMUI 13. Read more.
November 10, 2022:
- Huawei P40 Lite is getting October 2022 security update in Europe that comes with EMUI 126.96.36.199. However, the update doesn’t include any additional changes.
- Huawei is sending a new software patch for Nova 9 SE smartphone that installs important system improvement patches for the users.
November 8, 2022:
- Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 users are getting EMUI 12 in more countries
November 2, 2022:
- Huawei Mate Xs 2 and P50 Pro smartphones are getting October 2022 patches with EMUI 12 version 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 respectively. These two software rollouts are important to improve the phone’s security.
November 1, 2022:
- Huawei P40 lite is one of the last smartphones to get the October 2022 EMUI security patch in November, yet it’s important that the phone is still getting a new software update, as it runs on EMUI 12.
- Huawei P40 Pro is one of the most remarkable smartphones in the industry and it has been served October 2022 security patch with EMUI 220.127.116.116 version.
Huawei Nova 9 is getting November 2022 firmware
Huawei Nova 9 is getting new firmware that comes with November 2022 security patch for a better EMUI software system. However, the phone users have not received a new major software upgrade so far.
The November 2022 firmware update for Huawei Nova 9 is rolling out with EMUI version 18.104.22.1683. On the other hand, the package size is 358MB, which may vary in different markets.
Still, the rollout is expanding in batches and it will release gradually for Nova 9 users.
Huawei Nova 9 changelog:
This update improves system security with security patches.
Integrates security patches released in November 2022 for improved system security.
Huawei Nova 9 users can download this software update via Settings and we suggest you make a backup of important files before upgrading to the latest version.
Huawei Nova 9:
Huawei Nova 9 comes in three colors – Starry Blue, Crush Gree, and Black. The phone has 160mm in height, 73.7mm in width, and 7.77mm in depth. The phone packs 6.67 inches screen, 1.07 billion colors, 120Hz refresh rate, 300Hz touch sampling rate, and FHD+ 2340 x 1080 pixels resolution.
Huawei Nova 9 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 4G and octa-core chipset (4 x Cortex-A78 at 2.4 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 at 1.8 GHz) and Adreno 642L GPU.
This beautiful smartphone has a quad rear camera – 50 MP Ultra Vision Camera (f/1.9 aperture), 8 MP Ultra Wide Angle Camera (f/2.2 aperture), 2 MP Depth Camera (f/2.4 aperture), and 2 MP Macro Camera (f/2.4 aperture).
The rear camera system has various modes Vlog, Story Creator, AI-Camera, Ultra Wide Angle Lens, Night, Portrait, High-Res, Photo, Pro, Video, Dual-View Video, Super Macro, Panorama, Time-Lapse, Slow-Mo, Aperture, Stickers, Documents, Moving Picture, Filter, Timer, Capture Smiles, Audio Control, Ultra Snapshot, Burst Shooting.
While the front camera has a 32-megapixel selfie cam with f/2.0 aperture.
Thanks to the tipster, Bz0N
HUAWEI! We’re waiting for EMUI 13, when will it come?
Let’s check the stash of information we’ve.
Huawei Mate 50 Pro:
The Chinese tech maker is still expanding this flagship in the global market and it comes packed with EMUI 13. Yeah, it is the first Huawei smartphone to bring it pre-installed.
However, EMUI 13 is also taken as a major selling point for the smartphone because there are a number of new additions.
Last year, Huawei began EMUI 12 beta testing in December in European markets. But this year could be different as we’ve already passed through 25 days of November 2022.
Cutting to the chase, we now may have to wait until the next month (December) to get started with EMUI 13.
In a recent reply to a Twitter user, Huawei said it has not announced the EMUI 13 roadmap. There was no further statement made about the release though.
Huawei EMUI 13 comes with a variety of additions and improvements over EMUI 13, and these reflect on the user interface, animations, and user experience.
EMUI 13 will get you new service widgets for instant content, a feature to manage all of your smart devices, and more.
Beta and Software update:
Despite all of these speculations and insights, we suggest you keep an eye on the beta project via the BETA application. Here you can read our EMUI beta program step-by-step guide to check for EMUI 13 beta, instead of waiting for Huawei.
On the other hand, make sure that you are on the latest EMUI version to participate in the beta testing program. To check for the new firmware, simply go to Settings > System & updates and follow the screen with Software update instructions.