Android 11 is the latest edition of the Android operating system, this new OS is mainly focused on three users experience aspects – People, Controls for connected devices, and more privacy features for better security.
On June 10, Google officially launched the first beta of Android 11 and also revealed its features and improvements over Android 10. Check below for Android 11 Features and release date.
Android 11 Features:
- Built-in screen recorder: Android 11 first Developer preview brings a built-in screen recorder.
- Notification History: You can now check the history of your notifications, showing a recently dismissed section at the top followed by three notification and the time they came in. You’ll also have other new ways to compose messages, including new features to attach images right from the notification panel.
- Dark Mode Scheduling: With Android 10, Google introduced a system-wide dark mode theme for its smartphones and now the company is going a step further by introducing Dark Mode scheduling on “Auto” and “Custom” timespans.
- Bubbles: Debuted with Android 10, the Bubble feature now supports third-party messaging apps including Telegram and WhatsApp.
- App pinning: Android 11 brings back the app pinning feature with up to 4 apps in default.
- Mute notifications during video: Android 11 will let you mute notifications while you’re recording video.
- One time permission: Android 11 lets you approve temporary access through one-time permission and apps will need to request permission again for the next access.
- Airplane mode will no interrupt Bluetooth: Android 11, Bluetooth stays connected when the phone is on airplane mode.
- Scrollable screenshots: Google will bring the scrollable screenshot option to Android in the upcoming builds.
- Touch sensitivity: Android 11 brings the option that increases the sensitivity of your touchscreen in cases of using a screen protector.
- More on Project Mainline: Project mainline gives users the ability to update parts of Android right through the Play Store. In Android 11, Google added 12 new updatable modules (parts), for a total of 22 modules that can be updated directly.
Android 11 Beta 1 Features:
June 11, 2020: Android 11 Beta 1 Feature
Android 11 Timeline, milestones, and updates:
The Android 11 Developer Preview program runs from February 2020 until the final public release to Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and OEMs, planned for Q3 2020.
February: Developer Preview 1 – Early baseline build focused on developer feedback, with new features, APIs, and behavior changes.
March: Developer Preview 2 – Incremental update with additional features, APIs, and behavior changes.
April: Developer Preview 3 – Incremental update for stability and performance.
May: Developer Preview 4 – Incremental update for stability and performance.
June: Beta 1 – Initial beta-quality release, over-the-air update to early adopters who enroll in Android Beta.
July: Beta 2 – Platform Stability milestone. Final APIs and behaviors. Play publishing opens.
August: Beta 3 – Release candidate build.
Q3: Final release – Android 11 release to AOSP and ecosystem.
Note: This article will be updated continuously.
Android 12 Custom ROM Download Link [List]
Google’s Android 12 is now official, the software maker is already out under the Android Open Source Project (AOSP). Aside from the Pixel devices, Samsung and OnePlus’s top flagship are also eligible to enjoy the latest version of Android via the beta testing program.
Android 12 comes with a new user interface powered by Material You, smart features, a better and round UX design as well as numerous security enhancements over the previous version of the Android operating system.
The Android 12 Beta program will be initiated by other Android users such as – Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo, Realme, and other Chinese as well as international brands. Following a successful beta run, these device makers will send stable Android 12 based software skins to corresponding smartphones.
However, different OEMs have their own rollout and upgrade processes. For instance, some rollout procedure to major version takes time, while some wait even to begin the testing activity.
Still, there’s another way that Android phone users can install the latest Android version using an “Android 12 custom ROM”. There are plenty of developers on XDA that made this possible and brought you a collection of Android 12 custom software builds.
Download Android 12 custom ROM, which enables you to flash your phone (eligible) with the Android 12 and install the latest software features on the devices.
To be mentioned, the possibility of BUGS and Issues in these custom software is likely to be there because these aren’t Official builds of the respective smartphone maker. Below you can download the latest custom Android 12 ROM.
- OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T
- OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T
- OnePlus 7 and One Plus 7Pro
- OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro
- OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8Pro
- OnePlus 8T and OnePlus 9R
- OnePlus Nord
- Samsung Galaxy A10
- Samsung Galaxy A20 and A20e
- Samsung Galaxy A21s
- Samsung Galaxy A30
- Samsung Galaxy A40
- Samsung Galaxy Note8
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Tablet
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Note 10+, and Galaxy Note 10+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
- Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10, and Galaxy S10+
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
- Mi 5
- Mi 8 SE
- Mi 9
- Mi 10
- Mi 10 Lite
- Mi 10T/Mi 10T Pro/Redmi K30S
- Mi 10T Lite/Mi 10i/Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G
- Mi 11 Lite 4G
- Mi A1
- Mi A2
- Mi A2 Lite
- Mi Mix 3
- Mi Note 10
- Mi Note 10 Lite
- Mi Pad 4 and Mi Pad 4 Plus
- POCO F1
- POCO F2 Pro/Redmi K30 Pro
- POCO F3/Mi 11X/Redmi K40
- POCO X2/Redmi K30
- POCO X3
- POCO X3 Pro
- Redmi 5
- Redmi 5 Plus/Redmi Note 5
- Redmi 7
- Redmi K20/Mi 9T
- Redmi K20 Pro/Mi 9T Pro
- Redmi K30 5G
- Redmi Note 5/Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Redmi Note 6Pro
- Redmi Note 7/7S
- Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Redmi Note 8 and Redmi Note 8T
- Redmi Note 9S/9 Pro India/10 Lite India, Redmi Note 9 Pro, Redmi Note 9 Pro
- Max, and POCO M2 Pro
- Redmi Note 9T/Redmi Note 9 5G
- Redmi Note 10, Redmi Note 10 Pro, and Redmi Note 10 Pro Max
- Redmi S2/Y2
12. Raspberry Pi
Some known issues on OnePlus Devices:
- Encryption is not working, so it is disabled. If you have /data encrypted, do not flash this ROM without formatting /data first.
How to install these custom Builds on OnePlus:
- Backup everything.
- The provided zip can be installed using the TWRP recovery: clear data while doing that.
- The ROM expects the firmware from OOS 10.0.1: different firmware is not tested.
- GApps is not available for Android 12 yet.
- The provided recovery allows only flashing signed images: use TWRP if you need to flash GApps or different packages.
- If you want to keep the TWRP flashed, flash the persist_twrp.zip provided here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aosponeplus/files/Misc/
- And flash the TWRP image you prefer.
Information regarding the Xiaomi Android 12 Custom Build:
Features that are currently working on MIUI 13 build:
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Playback
- Download the latest build and GApps
- Reboot to recovery
- Flash proper vendor and firmware
- Flash the latest build and GApps
Xiaomi MIUI 13/Android 12: Stable devices [List]
Xiaomi MIUI 13 is based on Android 12, which brings amusing functionalities for the consumers. Therefore, the company is rolling out MIUI 13/Android 12 rolling out for Xiaomi devices through closed, public, and stable updates.
This software is testing began with a closed beta pool and limited users. The process, followed by public testing without any testing slots restrictions. Once concluded, Xiaomi will release MIUI 13/Android 12 for eligible devices. However, the rollout time may vary for different devices in different markets.
MIUI 13 comes has a lot to offer, such as new wallpapers that enhance the home screen wallpaper, provide your phone a better look. Let you explore new animations, smoother interaction. The core Android 12 will let you feel the features that have been to this new MIUI software and there’s a lot more than you can get out of the MIUI 13 once you get it on your device.
Xiaomi MIUI 13/Android 12 Stable devices:
The first batch (expected to be released around the end of January 2022):
- Xiaomi 11 Ultra
- Xiaomi 11 Pro
- Xiaomi 11
- Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro 5G
- Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
- Xiaomi Pad 5 Note
- Xiaomi 12 series has pre-installed MIUI 13
Xiaomi also has plans to release the list of the second and third batch of stable MIUI 13 updates for the consumers. However, an official rollout date is yet to come.
Xiaomi MIUI 13/Android 12: Public beta devices [List]
The latest Android 12 based Xiaomi MIUI 13 software comes with new features that are designed to enrich the Xiaomi smartphone user experience. The MIUI 13/Android 12 is available to test both via closed and public beta release for later launched devices
Xiaomi MIUI 12.5 device owners can participate in the closed beta activity with limited testing slots that would allow them to test the latest features ahead of the stable rollout. On the other hand, the testing process has a public beta phase that could bring access to early features without worrying about the testing slots.
Xiaomi MIUI 13 comes with a new widgets system that brings size and easy home screen size adjustment. There are new fonts – MiSans that will increase your device visibility and let you explore in more ways way. The added taste of wallpaper will let you customize the home screen in a friendly manner.
On the other hand, MIUI 13/Android 12 will introduce a new performance boost and bring new software enhancement to upgrade your overall user experience as compared to the past versions of MIUI.
Below you can check all of the MIUI 13/Android 12 public beta devices.
First Batch (expected to be released around mid-January 2022):
- Xiaomi 12 Pro
- Xiaomi 12
- Xiaomi 12X
- Xiaomi Civi
- Xiaomi MIX 4
- Redmi K40 Game Plus
- Redmi Note 10 Pro
- Xiaomi 11 Ultra
- Xiaomi 11 Pro
- Xiaomi 11
- Xiaomi 11 Youth Edition
- Mi Pad 5
- Mi Pad 5 Pro
- Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G
- Xiaomi 10S
- Redmi K40 Pro
- Redmi K40
- Redmi K30S Extreme Commemorative Edition
- Redmi K30 Extreme Commemorative Edition
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Extreme Commemorative Edition
- Xiaomi 10
- Xiaomi 10 Pro
- Redmi K30 Pro
- Redmi Note11 5G
- Redmi Note 9 4G
- Redmi Note 9
- Redmi 10X Pro
- Redmi 10X
- Xiaomi CC9 Pro
Second Batch (release time to be updated):
- Redmi Note11 Pro
- Redmi Note11 Pro+
- Redmi K30 5G
- Redmi K30i 5G
- Redmi K30
- Xiaomi 10 Lite
- Redmi Note 9 Pro
- Redmi Note 10