Android 11 first developer preview is based primarily on followings:
1. User privacy protections with new permission options.
2. Support for native image decoder and camera features
3. Better Biometrics security options,
4. New apps enhancements and APIs for 5G and foldable devices.
5. Apps compatibility for Pinhole and waterfall screens
As an early beta build, this version may be full of bugs and will be improved as it’s being developed ahead of the public beta.
The Android 11 first developer preview beta is available for Google Pixel devices and since it’s a developer-related thing, the beta access is limited to the developers only.
However, we got our grip on some of the most notable features of the Android 11 developer preview that came from the courtsey Android Developers and 9to5Google.
- Built-in screen recorder: Android 11 first Developer preview brings a built-in screen recorder.
- Notification History: You can now check the history of your notifications, showing a recently dismissed section at the top followed by three notification and the time they came in. You’ll also have other new ways to compose messages, including new features to attach images right from the notification panel.
- Dark Mode Scheduling: With Android 10, Google introduced a system-wide dark mode theme for its smartphones and now the company is going a step further by introducing Dark Mode scheduling on “Auto” and “Custom” timespans.
- Bubbles: Debuted with Android 10, the Bubble feature now supports third-party messaging apps including Telegram and WhatsApp.
- App pinning: Android 11 brings back the app pinning feature with up to 4 apps in default.
- Mute notifications during video: Android 11 will let you mute notifications while you’re recording video.
- One time permission: Android 11 lets you approve temporary access through one-time permission and apps will need to request permission again for the next access.
- Airplane mode will no interrupt Bluetooth: Android 11, Bluetooth stays connected when the phone is on airplane mode.
- Scrollable screenshots: Google will bring the scrollable screenshot option to Android in the upcoming builds.
- Touch sensitivity: Android 11 brings the option that increases the sensitivity of your touchscreen in cases of using a screen protector.
- More on Project Mainline: Project mainline gives users the ability to update parts of Android right through the Play Store. In Android 11, Google added 12 new updatable modules (parts), for a total of 22 modules that can be updated directly.