The iOS users, who registered themselves for the beta TestFlight can enjoy the HD Photos option on their devices on WhatsApp. It offers three options for the users to select for the image quality they want to send.
It’s notable that, last week WhatsApp release the same feature for Android users also. However, keep in mind that this is the beta rollout and WhatsApp can make further changes to bring more convenience.
WhatsApp HD Photos Option:
This new option will allow the users to select the quality of their images considering their data plan, it offers three options- Auto (recommended), Best Quality, and Data Saver. Talking about all these options the following things are considerable-
- The default feature is Auto, which doesn’t show any remarkable changes.
- The Best Quality doesn’t offer to send the images in their original quality
- WhatsApp will still use the compressing algorithms on the images
- The original image’s quality can be retained about 80%
- Images larger than 2048 x 2048 might be resized
- The image sizes will be more reduced in the Data Sever option
- You can use the data saver option if you don’t have much internet plan. However, it’s not recommended if you want to share good quality images
Where to Check?
The users can find this feature in the function called Media Upload Quality, which can be found by following the below-mentioned steps-
- Open WhatsApp account
- Go to the WhatsApp Settings
- Select Storage and Data
- Here you can find Media Upload Quality
If you didn’t find the Media Upload Quality feature, it means that this feature is yet to be sent on your device. At present, WhatsApp is rolling out the Media Upload Quality feature for some selected users.
The remaining devices will also begin to receive this function by the next week, so no need to worry if this feature is not enabled for your WhatsApp account yet.