The WhatsApp Multi-device feature has been released for iOS users through the TestFlight beta program. Now, the Whatsapp iOS registered beta tester can upgrade to 184.108.40.206 via downloading it from the App Store.
The new Multi-device beta features allow the users to use the WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Desktop without using the internet connection on the iPhone. Furthermore, the users can connect up to four devices simultaneously.
Additionally, the users can have the end to end conversations in their contacts that won’t be stored on the WhatsApp servers instead it will be sent to all devices or to be precise laptops, PC and tablets connected with the smartphone.
As this is the initial beta push, the users can connect to one smartphone only. Besides, you have to check if this feature is enabled on your device or not in order to activate it.
WhatsApp Multi-device beta feature for iOS Verification:
- Open WhatsApp account
- Go to the Setting option
- Tap on the Linked Devices (Whatsapp Web/Desktop)
- Here you can see the new row- Multi-device
- Now you can enjoy the parallel connection without using the internet
(image source – wabetainfo)
- This is the beta activity so there is the possibility of occurring glitches including pinned chats, live locations, version compatibility.
- The pinned chats may not be synced instantly
- The users have to search for pinned chat manually at first
- Users may not able to see the live locations on the associated device
- The users can’t modify the WhatsApp business profile using the WhatsApp Web/Desktop
- The user with an older version can’t communicate with the people having this feature
This new feature is still rolling out for iOS users in the stage manner. Besides, the selected users will get the features first, so it can take some days even weeks to reach your devices, until then wait patiently.