Now, Honor has kicked off a new software update for V30 and V30 Pro smartphones. This update brings a lot of changes and optimization as well as improves security by installing a security patch.
According to the new changelog, this update added a smart information setting to provide you more convenient services, quick download icons, optimizations for call stability, sound effect, compatibility with some third-party applications as well as March 2021 security improvements.
Talking about the Honor V30 series:
Honor V30 lineup consisted of two smartphones V30 and V30 Pro primary launched with Magic UI 3.1 and upgradable to Magic UI 4.
After the launch of Magic UI 4, Honor started enrolling devices for Magic UI 4 beta testing. The V30 smartphones along with the flagship Honor 30 series are recruited in the first batch of beta activity.
Further receiving two Magic UI 4 beta builds, Honor V30 and V30 Pro upgraded over the latest custom OS in November 2020. Since then, these smartphone users are enjoying the advanced Magic UI 4 and experiencing a brand new UI.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Points to know:
- We recommend you take a backup of your important data.
- Use a stable connection to download the update package.
- Do not forcefully turn off the phone, once the installation is started.
Magic UI Version:
- Honor V30 smartphone getting Magic UI 4.0 version 188.8.131.52 upgraded from 184.108.40.206
- Honor V30 Pro smartphone getting Magic UI 4.0 version 220.127.116.11 upgraded from 18.104.22.168
- System: Added smart information setting items. After opening, it can intelligently identify the content of SMS and provide you with more convenient services.
- Apps: Added quick download icons for apps such as Honor Mall, Honor Club, and Education Center.
- Call: Optimize the call stability in some scenes
- Sound: Optimize the sound experience in some scenes
- App: Optimize compatibility with some third-party applications
- Security: Incorporate the March 2021 security patch to enhance the security of the mobile phone system.
HOW TO INSTALL:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
Alternatively, you can also request software updates through the Support app. To do this, open the Support app, go to the Service tab on the bottom bar, tap on the update, then select Check for updates and then download and install.