Latest software updates rolling out for Honor 10, 9S, 9X, Play 4 Pro,10 lite and 20i
January is about to end, now Honor has begun sending the new software update for a bunch of devices mentioned below. This update mainly brings the security patch released in December 2020 that improves system security and enhances overall device performance.
List of devices getting update:
- Honor 10
- Honor 10 Lite
- Honor 9X
- Honor 9S
- Honor Play 4 Pro
- Honor 20i
Users can download the latest software version on their smartphone and install the security patch to protect their device against thread. The update steps are mentioned at the end of the post.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- Message us on Twitter
- Honor 10 users getting Magic UI 3.1 version 10.1.0.267 with an update size of 147MB
- Honor 9S users getting Magic UI 3.1 version 220.127.116.11 with an update size of 92.79MB
- Honor Play 4 Pro users getting Magic UI 3.1 version 18.104.22.168 upgraded from 22.214.171.124 (China)
- Honor 9X users getting EMUI 10.1 version 10.1.0.112 upgraded from 10.1.0.110 (China)
- Honor 10 Lite users getting EMUI 10 version 10.0.0.256 with an update size of 94.36MB
- Honor 20i users getting EMUI 10 version 10.0.0.173 upgraded from 10.0.0.17
Security: Integrates Android security patches released in December 2020 for improved system security.
December 2020 Security Patch Details: December 2020 security update install security fixes for different levels of exploits and issues within Huawei phones including 1 critical and 11 high levels of CVEs.
POINTS TO KNOW:
- The availability of these updates may vary.
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- The update will not erase any data.
HOW TO UPDATE:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop-up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
Alternatively, you can also request software updates through the Support app. To do this, open the Support app, go to the Service tab on the bottom bar, tap on the update, then select Check for updates and then download and install.
Thanks to the tipsters- Tamil G
(via – Huaweiupdate)
Honor V40 launched with 50MP triple camera, 120Hz ultra curved edge display, stylish design and more