While Huawei and Honor smartphones are busy getting EMUI 10 and security patches, smart wearables including Huawei Watch GT, Honor Band 5 and Band 4 are also receiving some fresh enhancements and features through the latest updates.
Update information and Versions:
Huawei Watch GT
- Introduces a new feature that allows you to increase privacy security by blocking notifications when you’re not wearing your wearable (simply disable it to receive notifications all the time).
- Optimizes the design of some fonts.
- Improves system smoothness and stability.
The update comes with version number 220.127.116.11 weighs over 5 MB (may vary)
Honor Band 5
- Optimizes the remote music playback controls.
- Fixes some known issues.
The update comes with version number 18.104.22.168 weighs over 6MB (may vary)
Honor Band 4
- Increases system stability
The update comes with version number 22.214.171.124 weighs over 3MB (may vary)
How to Update:
Connect the watch to your phone using the Huawei Health app, open the app, touch Devices, touch the device name, choose Firmware update, then follow the onscreen instructions to update your watch if there are any new updates.
You can check for the update from Huawei Health app > go to Me > My devices. Access the device details screen, touch Firmware update, and then follow the on-screen instructions to update your band.
If you find any glitch or abnormal behavior after the update, please reset the Band once under Menu – More – Settings – Reset for fix.
Make sure your Honor Band 5 is charged above 30% battery level and do maintain pairing between Honor Band 5 and your smartphone during the whole update process.