The watch faces are one of the most desired features that come with smartwatches. When a user selects an available watch face, the watch face is displayed and the service callback methods are invoked.
Last November, Huawei brought the Watch GT 2 Pro Moonphase Collection variant, which comes with 200+ pre-loaded watch faces based on every mood on a daily basis.
Additionally, it offers 8 types of moon phases i.e. new moon, full moon, first-quarter moon, etc., and tides allow you to observe the sky or the sea and lets you enjoy the secrets of nature.
However, Huawei has launched every single of its watches with a number of new watch faces and the company keeps the collection growing as it launches a new watch and also shares it with previous watches including Watch GT 2 and Watch GT 2e.
But managing a watch face could be tricky, that’s why we brought you this guide that will help you change, add, remove or download any watch faces on your Watch GT smartwatch.
There are two different ways to change or switch between different watch faces. You can select the watch face according to your preference using the following two instructions.
How to change Watch Face:
- Wake up your watch
- Press and hold the home screen until your watch vibrates
- Swipe left or right to choose a watch face
- From the home screen press the Up button
- Go to Settings
- Watch face
- Swipe left and right to choose a watch face
- Open Huawei Health app
- Touch Watch faces
- Then tap on Mine
- Choose a watch faces according to your preference
- Then touch Set as default
Setting Gallery Watch Faces:
Pre instructions notes:
- Only available on Android phones. If you are using iOS, unpair the device, then pair it with an Android phone and follow the instructions to transfer photos. The photos will be saved and you can unpair the device and pair it with your iOS phone again.
- Make sure that Huawei Health and your watch are updated to the latest version.
- You may not be able to set Gallery Watch faces in certain countries and regions.
- Open Huawei Health app
- Touch Devices
- Go to Watch faces >More > Mine, and touch Gallery
- Touch + and choose to either upload an image from your phone’s Gallery or take a new photo. Then select your desired image and touch Save. Your watch will then display your customized image. On the Gallery screen in the Huawei Health app, touch Style to customize the font and color of the displayed time and date.
- Touch Layout to adjust the position of the displayed time and date.
A few things to know:
- Only still images can be used as watch faces. There are no restrictions on the file format
- A maximum of 5 images can be transferred at once. If you transfer multiple images an image will be selected randomly and displayed each time the screen wakes up.
- You can switch between the images by tapping the screen when it’s on.
Installing, replacing, and deleting watch faces:
Download and install even more cool watch faces by performing the following:
- Open the Huawei Health app and touch your watch name. Go to Watch faces > More and see all the watch faces that are supported on your watch.
- Select your desired watch face and touch Install. After the watch face is installed, your watch will automatically display the new watch face.
- Choose an installed watch face, touch SET AS DEFAULT, and your watch will switch to the new one.
Deleting a watch face:
To delete a watch face, open the Huawei Health app, touch Devices, touch Watch faces, touch Mine, select the watch face you want to delete, touch the x icon in the upper-right corner, Watch faces and the watch face installed on your watch will then be deleted. Certain preinstalled watch
faces cannot be deleted.
- You cannot download additional watch faces in the Huawei Health app on an iOS phone. To download new watch faces, you are advised to temporarily pair your watch with an Android phone. When the downloaded watch faces are synced to your watch, pair the watch back with your iOS phone.
- To download or delete watch faces, update your watch and the Huawei Health app to the latest versions.
- You may not be able to download or delete watch faces in certain countries and regions. For more information, contact the local Huawei hotline.
Setting a standby watch face:
When your watch enters standby mode, the standby watch face will be displayed. The standby watch face is disabled by default. To enable this feature, perform the following:
- From the home screen press the Up button, go to Settings > Display > Advanced > Standby watch face.
- Only the preinstalled standby watch faces can be set.
- The number and style of preinstalled standby watch faces vary depending on the device model.
- When the watch detects that the user is not wearing the watch or is sleeping, the standby watch face screen will turn off.
- When the watch enters standby mode, touch the standby watch face to enter the home screen.
- The standby watch face only displays basic data such as the time or date.
- Enabling the standby watch face feature will drain the battery life by half and disable the Raise wrist to wake screen feature.
- The feature name will vary depending on the device version.
Huawei shows how to take accurate Moon Mode on Mate 50 series
Huawei has unveiled the Mate 50 series in front of users and now it’s time to explore this device in every aspect. To begin with, the company has tested and shared tips on how to use the ultimate moon mode on the Huawei Mate 50 series.
The Chinese manufacturer has published a post on his official Weibo channel. Celebrating the Chinese Mid-Autumn festive, Huawei come up with the reflection of clicking full moon pictures with the dynamic Mate 50 using the moon mode.
At the same time, the company thought of bringing this mesmerizing experience to its users. Hence, it shared soothing pictures of the full moon scenario on the Weibo platform. Further, it mentioned how even you can have such amazing clicks.
So let’s jump on these quick tips and understand the new and enhanced grade of photography!
Huawei Moon Mode
Before moving on to the tips, let’s understand this attractive and intelligent feature. Yes, intelligent, as it smartly recognizes more than 1300 scenarios around you. Besides, it works on improvising the details of the image so that you can take better photos.
Since the moon mode mechanism is based on AI machine learning technologies, the camera of the device identifies the surroundings as well as the subject in a better way. As a result, it flashes more focus and exposure to amplify the details. For instance, shapes, colors, highlights, shadows, and more.
The Moon Mode particularly enriches the close-up takes without requiring any additional equipment. And now this feature has taken a more advanced avatar with the Mate 50 series.
Few easy steps for taking Pro-Like pictures of the moon
Firstly, prepare yourself and wipe the lens with alcohol, cotton, or glass cloth. Ahead, use the bracket to fix the phone and prevent the handshake. Now open the camera of your device and turn on the AI photographer feature.
As soon as you will point the camera at the moon, the phone will recognize the subject and will enable the moon mode. You can extend the focal length until you grab a clear and bright image of the phone.
Aside, you can also use the professional mode by modifying the focal length (can extend up to 50 times), sensitivity, shutter, and other functionalities.
As for the shooting skills, you can take the help of Voice-activated photography, or Screen Composition. These tools will help in preventing the phone from shaking. However, you need to feed the identifying words in Settings before using them.
|| Source ||
Huawei Tip: How to enable/disable navigation gestures
With the bundles of settings and features, we generally forget to manage the system navigation gesture in our Huawei phone. Not only with the purpose of the design but it gives us easy commands on your phone.
Huawei provides special touch screen events including pinch, double-tap, scroll, long press, and flinch. By applying them you will easily return to the previous screen, back-to-home screen recent tasks, and more with a simple touch respectively. The aim of these gestures is to maximize on-screen reachability.
What are Huawei system navigation gestures:
The system navigation let you operate the phone with gestures rather than buttons, this builds an immersive experience to handle your smartphone. The gesture navigation patterns proliferate on handheld devices.
If you are unaware of such a feature in your Huawei phone, then here can check some easy guides to use system navigation gestures.
Below you can check the guide to navigate system gestures:
- Step 1: Open the Settings app on your phone
- Step 2: Click on System & updates
- Step 3: Search for System navigation
- Step 4: Make sure that Gestures is selected
After applying the System navigation gesture on your phone, here the question arises that how it works:
- For the return to the previous screen: Swipe in from the left or right edges to return to the previous screen
- For back to the home screen: Swipe up from the bottom to go to the home screen
- Recent tasks: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and hold to view recent task
- Close an app: When viewing recent tasks, swipe on an app preview to close the app
- Switch between apps: Alide across the bottom edge of the screen to switch between apps.
- Before using this gesture, touch Settings on the System navigation screen, and ensure that Slide across the bottom to switch app is enables
- Swipe across the bottom of the screen in an arc to switch between apps
How to check Google Play Protect certificate on Android devices
Google delivers Android updates with security against unwanted bugs and viruses that may cause your device and compromise data. Moreover, the built-in Play service gives you access to entertain yourself with the third-party app.
On the flip side, Google boasts you access to check whether your Android device is Play Protect certified, to ensure the security and device compatibility to run apps, and also to maintain your device consistency and security Google.
In other words, if your device has a Google Play Protect certificate, then it shows only the licensed apps for Google with passed Android compatibility testing. Notably, the certified smartphone is compatible with Google apps like the Google Play Store, Gmail and more.
If you’re using an unauthenticated device, Google will not verify that your device’s app is fair. In addition, devices are vulnerable to security risks because they cannot receive system or app updates. This also means that your data will not be backed up and synced with Google services.
On the other hand, if you are using the latest Huawei smartphone then you will not find the Google Play Services. This is due to the partnership breakup between Huawei and Google, which prohibits Huawei from using GMS. For Huawei users, the Chinese tech giant launches its own Mobile Services HMS in replacement of GMS but it’s still under development.
Here you can check the guide to see if your Android device is Play Protect Certified or not:
- Launch the Google Play Store app
- Now click on the profile icon
- Go to settings
- Under About scroll down to find Play Protect certification
If you find ‘Device is Uncertified’ then contact your device manufacturer immediately and ask for a fully tested and Play Protect certified device. Google Play Protect certificate helps your device secure it from all threats.