The watch faces are one of the most desired features that come with smartwatches. When a user selects an available watch face, the watch face is displayed and the service callback methods are invoked.
Last November, Huawei brought the Watch GT 2 Pro Moonphase Collection variant, which comes with 200+ pre-loaded watch faces based on every mood on a daily basis.
Additionally, it offers 8 types of moon phases i.e. new moon, full moon, first-quarter moon, etc., and tides allow you to observe the sky or the sea and lets you enjoy the secrets of nature.
However, Huawei has launched every single of its watches with a number of new watch faces and the company keeps the collection growing as it launches a new watch and also shares it with previous watches including Watch GT 2 and Watch GT 2e.
But managing a watch face could be tricky, that’s why we brought you this guide that will help you change, add, remove or download any watch faces on your Watch GT smartwatch.
There are two different ways to change or switch between different watch faces. You can select the watch face according to your preference using the following two instructions.
How to change Watch Face:
- Wake up your watch
- Press and hold the home screen until your watch vibrates
- Swipe left or right to choose a watch face
- From the home screen press the Up button
- Go to Settings
- Watch face
- Swipe left and right to choose a watch face
- Open Huawei Health app
- Touch Watch faces
- Then tap on Mine
- Choose a watch faces according to your preference
- Then touch Set as default
Setting Gallery Watch Faces:
Pre instructions notes:
- Only available on Android phones. If you are using iOS, unpair the device, then pair it with an Android phone and follow the instructions to transfer photos. The photos will be saved and you can unpair the device and pair it with your iOS phone again.
- Make sure that Huawei Health and your watch are updated to the latest version.
- You may not be able to set Gallery Watch faces in certain countries and regions.
- Open Huawei Health app
- Touch Devices
- Go to Watch faces >More > Mine, and touch Gallery
- Touch + and choose to either upload an image from your phone’s Gallery or take a new photo. Then select your desired image and touch Save. Your watch will then display your customized image. On the Gallery screen in the Huawei Health app, touch Style to customize the font and color of the displayed time and date.
- Touch Layout to adjust the position of the displayed time and date.
A few things to know:
- Only still images can be used as watch faces. There are no restrictions on the file format
- A maximum of 5 images can be transferred at once. If you transfer multiple images an image will be selected randomly and displayed each time the screen wakes up.
- You can switch between the images by tapping the screen when it’s on.
Installing, replacing, and deleting watch faces:
Download and install even more cool watch faces by performing the following:
- Open the Huawei Health app and touch your watch name. Go to Watch faces > More and see all the watch faces that are supported on your watch.
- Select your desired watch face and touch Install. After the watch face is installed, your watch will automatically display the new watch face.
- Choose an installed watch face, touch SET AS DEFAULT, and your watch will switch to the new one.
Deleting a watch face:
To delete a watch face, open the Huawei Health app, touch Devices, touch Watch faces, touch Mine, select the watch face you want to delete, touch the x icon in the upper-right corner, Watch faces and the watch face installed on your watch will then be deleted. Certain preinstalled watch
faces cannot be deleted.
- You cannot download additional watch faces in the Huawei Health app on an iOS phone. To download new watch faces, you are advised to temporarily pair your watch with an Android phone. When the downloaded watch faces are synced to your watch, pair the watch back with your iOS phone.
- To download or delete watch faces, update your watch and the Huawei Health app to the latest versions.
- You may not be able to download or delete watch faces in certain countries and regions. For more information, contact the local Huawei hotline.
Setting a standby watch face:
When your watch enters standby mode, the standby watch face will be displayed. The standby watch face is disabled by default. To enable this feature, perform the following:
- From the home screen press the Up button, go to Settings > Display > Advanced > Standby watch face.
- Only the preinstalled standby watch faces can be set.
- The number and style of preinstalled standby watch faces vary depending on the device model.
- When the watch detects that the user is not wearing the watch or is sleeping, the standby watch face screen will turn off.
- When the watch enters standby mode, touch the standby watch face to enter the home screen.
- The standby watch face only displays basic data such as the time or date.
- Enabling the standby watch face feature will drain the battery life by half and disable the Raise wrist to wake screen feature.
- The feature name will vary depending on the device version.
Do you know that Huawei EMUI 12 comes with app security feature?
The new app safety features bring you a security check for all of installing and running an app on your EMUI 12 smartphone. It’s enabled by default and scans each app using AppGallery.
To keep your smartphone safe, the feature makes a stronghold on your phone’s app installation section. You will receive a security notification, whenever you download and install an app from external sources, such as a browser.
There are various checks and actions this invisible app guard will trigger during app installations including the followings:
- If the app has passed the Huawei AppGallery security inspection, you’ll need to enter the lock screen password to install it.
- If the app has not passed the Huawei AppGallery security inspection and may feature unknown risks, you’ll need to enter the lock screen password to install it, after acknowledging the risks.
- If an app is determined to be virus-laden or risky, it means that the app features unacceptable risks. If you would still like to install the app, the app will be added to the App security center by default. When you use the app, certain risky behaviors will be restricted.
- If a high-risk app is detected, App Guard will prevent the app from being.
- If you wish to strengthen the level of protection, you can enable Enhanced protection. Once enabled, you’ll only be able to install apps on your phone that have passed the Huawei AppGallery security inspection.
- Apps that have been inspected Apps that have not been inspected by Huawei AppGallery are prevented from being installed.
- If you installed an app that had not been inspected before enabling Enhanced protection, your phone will inspect the app after Enhanced protection is enabled.
- If the app is determined to have a virus or is risky (fraud, malicious behavior, privacy issues, and more), it will not be able to run, and you will be reminded to uninstall it.
Here’s how to activate app drawer in EMUI 12
App drawer allows you to put all of your apps on a different screen while putting all of your frequently used applications on the home screen. This helps you to manage your phone’s app in a separate space for a clean interaction.
The app drawer is consist of the app search bar and the most used app suggestions. There’s also a letter-wise sorting of apps followed by an “All” apps section.
How to enable App drawer on EMUI 12:
First, open Settings, then Home screen & wallpaper and Home screen style, and tap on “Drawer” to show all apps in the drawer.
In drawer mode, you can swipe up on the home screen to display the App Drawer. Tap and hold the app you want to add until your EMUI device vibrates, and drag the app to the position your want it to be on the home screen.
Reposition your apps:
Tap and hold an app icon as your device vibrates, and select Remove from the on-screen options. This will eliminate the app icon from the screen but it won’t be uninstalled.
To disable the navigation drawer, follow Settings > Home screen & wallpaper > Home screen style, and select “Standard” to show all of your apps on the home screen.
App Drawer is an amazing functionality and its use could simplify the way we interact with Huawei smartphones. It also helps us to organize apps and sort them out in a better way.
Install Google apps on your Huawei phone [EMUI 10, 11, 12, 13]
Since the very beginning of Huawei HMS smartphones, users are trying to find a way to install Google apps such as Play Store on their devices. With time, there are a number of solutions appeared and eventually, fade away. However, there’s one called, Gbox that got our attention and may work out to “some extent” to serve your Google apps requirements.
Note – The installation procedure is at the bottom.
Before we begin to install Google apps on your Huawei phone via GBox. You need to understand important things about how this article will navigate:
- What is Gbox
- How it works
- Supported Apps
- Tested on
- Installation instructions
- Our take
What is GBox:
According to the official website, Gbox was founded in 2018 in Singapore. Born from VIRTUAL CUBE PTE. LTD. It’s described as a multi-platform instrumented application focused on Android.
This app comes with a pre-built, out-of-the-box suite of Google app services. In that case, you won’t need to install GMS services plugins or any other kind of APK files on your phone separately. To be mentioned, there’s no version rollback required as well.
- HMS powered phone
- Gbox app
According to the app, Gbox has virtualized into a random Android device. It creates a virtual Google apps space in your Huawei phone parallel to the EMUI apps.
Also, the app installed remains within Gbox and once you uninstall Gbox, all of these Google apps vanish as well.
Furthermore, every time you launch an app, it’s solely powered by the Gbox in virtual mode. Interestingly, the app retains your last usage and could be resumed from the taskbar.
Gbox support all of the Google apps and you can install them on your Huawei smartphone but only a few (including the third party) will work well. These are
- Google app
- Google maps
Still, there are a bunch of other apps that are supported with Gbox but we’ve not tested them.
Games: You can access all of the apps on Play Store but other than those mentioned above won’t work or crash Gbox itself. So, we suggest you get them via APKMirror, AppGallery, or any other third-party website.
Privacy and Precautions:
Gbox promises to protect your privacy and not to collect data. But there are a few things that we suggest you do if you want to use Gbox or any similar application on your Huawei phone.
- Use a Gmail account to log in that you don’t use to share any personal, private, or official email use cases. Create a new one if you want to.
- Gbox for permission to access sensitive data such as storage and files. These are required to install a new app.
- Gbox will take a part of your phone’s battery life but we have not found it draining or consuming too much of cells.
- The instructions to install Gbox are easy but we suggest you read them carefully.
Here are the tips that need to apply for the best use cases:
- Install apps one by one
- Wait until an app installation finishes
- Create an app shortcut, once it is installed from the Play Store
- Do not open apps from Gbox
- Launch an app from the home screen icon
- Open an app, and let it sync the data
- Repeat the 6th step at least four to five times
- We won’t suggest you keep your expectation high on all GMS apps.
You can force stop Gbox from running in the background via the “Force stop” option from Apps settings.
We testing Gbox running on EMUI 10, EMUI 11, EMUI 12, EMUI 13. The solution is running on all of the devices including Mate 50 Pro.
Let’s see how to install Google apps using Gbox on your Huawei phone.
Visit the Gboxlab website and download the latest version on your device.
Note: Download only the stable version.
Install Google Apps:
These are divided into two parts, the first will show you to set up Gbox, and the second half will show to install Google apps.
1st – Navigate to Gbox app on your phone and install it.
2nd – Open the Gbox app
3rd – Agree app’s terms and disable battery optimizations (will be prompted automatically).
4th – Tap on the “Check” button in the top right corner.
5th – Enable – “Require permission” and “Battery optimization whitelist”. Once enabled, press back.
Install Google Apps
6th – Tap on any “Recommended Apps” and allow required permissions.
7th – Sign in to your Google account
8th – Tap Install to install that app.
9th – Once installed, “Add” app icon to the home screen.
10th – You can download other apps in the same way.
How to update, create icons and delete the app:
You can tap and hold any app and tap on Upgrade to update the app or create an app icon.
You can also take on Settings and change app suggestions according to region.
Using Gbox is simple but we suggest you follow our precaution notes. It surely works in limits but it surely installs some apps. Yet we surely want to hear from you tag us on Twitter and carefully follow the instructions to use it.