The watch faces are one of the most desired features that come with smartwatches. When a user selects an available watch face, the watch face is displayed and the service callback methods are invoked.
Last November, Huawei brought the Watch GT 2 Pro Moonphase Collection variant, which comes with 200+ pre-loaded watch faces based on every mood on a daily basis.
Additionally, it offers 8 types of moon phases i.e. new moon, full moon, first-quarter moon, etc., and tides allow you to observe the sky or the sea and lets you enjoy the secrets of nature.
However, Huawei has launched every single of its watches with a number of new watch faces and the company keeps the collection growing as it launches a new watch and also shares it with previous watches including Watch GT 2 and Watch GT 2e.
But managing a watch face could be tricky, that’s why we brought you this guide that will help you change, add, remove or download any watch faces on your Watch GT smartwatch.
There are two different ways to change or switch between different watch faces. You can select the watch face according to your preference using the following two instructions.
How to change Watch Face:
- Wake up your watch
- Press and hold the home screen until your watch vibrates
- Swipe left or right to choose a watch face
- From the home screen press the Up button
- Go to Settings
- Watch face
- Swipe left and right to choose a watch face
- Open Huawei Health app
- Touch Watch faces
- Then tap on Mine
- Choose a watch faces according to your preference
- Then touch Set as default
Setting Gallery Watch Faces:
Pre instructions notes:
- Only available on Android phones. If you are using iOS, unpair the device, then pair it with an Android phone and follow the instructions to transfer photos. The photos will be saved and you can unpair the device and pair it with your iOS phone again.
- Make sure that Huawei Health and your watch are updated to the latest version.
- You may not be able to set Gallery Watch faces in certain countries and regions.
- Open Huawei Health app
- Touch Devices
- Go to Watch faces >More > Mine, and touch Gallery
- Touch + and choose to either upload an image from your phone’s Gallery or take a new photo. Then select your desired image and touch Save. Your watch will then display your customized image. On the Gallery screen in the Huawei Health app, touch Style to customize the font and color of the displayed time and date.
- Touch Layout to adjust the position of the displayed time and date.
A few things to know:
- Only still images can be used as watch faces. There are no restrictions on the file format
- A maximum of 5 images can be transferred at once. If you transfer multiple images an image will be selected randomly and displayed each time the screen wakes up.
- You can switch between the images by tapping the screen when it’s on.
Installing, replacing, and deleting watch faces:
Download and install even more cool watch faces by performing the following:
- Open the Huawei Health app and touch your watch name. Go to Watch faces > More and see all the watch faces that are supported on your watch.
- Select your desired watch face and touch Install. After the watch face is installed, your watch will automatically display the new watch face.
- Choose an installed watch face, touch SET AS DEFAULT, and your watch will switch to the new one.
Deleting a watch face:
To delete a watch face, open the Huawei Health app, touch Devices, touch Watch faces, touch Mine, select the watch face you want to delete, touch the x icon in the upper-right corner, Watch faces and the watch face installed on your watch will then be deleted. Certain preinstalled watch
faces cannot be deleted.
- You cannot download additional watch faces in the Huawei Health app on an iOS phone. To download new watch faces, you are advised to temporarily pair your watch with an Android phone. When the downloaded watch faces are synced to your watch, pair the watch back with your iOS phone.
- To download or delete watch faces, update your watch and the Huawei Health app to the latest versions.
- You may not be able to download or delete watch faces in certain countries and regions. For more information, contact the local Huawei hotline.
Setting a standby watch face:
When your watch enters standby mode, the standby watch face will be displayed. The standby watch face is disabled by default. To enable this feature, perform the following:
- From the home screen press the Up button, go to Settings > Display > Advanced > Standby watch face.
- Only the preinstalled standby watch faces can be set.
- The number and style of preinstalled standby watch faces vary depending on the device model.
- When the watch detects that the user is not wearing the watch or is sleeping, the standby watch face screen will turn off.
- When the watch enters standby mode, touch the standby watch face to enter the home screen.
- The standby watch face only displays basic data such as the time or date.
- Enabling the standby watch face feature will drain the battery life by half and disable the Raise wrist to wake screen feature.
- The feature name will vary depending on the device version.
How to exit from EMUI 12 beta [Full Guide]
Huawei has finally begun the beta testing for the next major software version, EMUI 12 in the global market. At present, the EMUI 12 beta is open for top flagships including Mate 40, P40, and Mate 30 series smartphones. So, if you are EMUI 12 eligible device owner, you should participate in the software testing program. This beta project allows you to explore the new OS and its feature ahead of stable rollout.
Meanwhile, some users may be worried or thinking about what happened if they don’t like the changes made with EMUI 12 over the existing EMUI 11. Also, you may be unsatisfied with the latest beta rollout.
So, here we’re to show you, how to exit EMUI 12 beta program and get back to your EMUI 11 version with the simple steps mentioned below in the article.
Since the launch of HarmonyOS 2.0, every Huawei user’s eager eye is on this new OS because of its offers. But, currently, it is limited to the Chinese market due to some reasons. On the other hand, global users are still awaited to install HM OS on their devices.
In the meantime, Huawei announced the EMUI 12 inspired by HarmonyOS for global consumers, which gives almost similar experiences to that. Early this month, the Chinese tech maker started the EMUI 12 beta in major markets such as Germany, France, and more.
How to exit EMUI 12 beta:
- Start Beta App
- Sign up with Huawei ID
- Select “Me”
- Tap on “Join Project”
- Tap on “Available Project”
- Select the project that you have already joined (EMUI 12 Beta)
- Select unsubscribe or sign out option
Note: After you have sent the application to leave, Huawei will process your application within 48 hours. Afterward, you will no longer receive beta notifications.
After you unsubscribe from the project, you can downgrade to the previous version of EMUI via HiSuite.
EMUI 12 Features:
EMUI 12 comes with an enhanced user interface design that reflects the design scheme of the HarmonyOS, new animation, adjust the size and weight of font using the slider, new control panel, notification center, and more.
How to download and install Samsung One UI 4 (Android 12) beta
Samsung One UI 4 is based on Android 12, and there are a bunch of new features that come with this new software. However, One UI 4 is currently only available to download under the beta mode, and here you’ll learn how to download and install One UI 4 beta on your Samsung device.
Before we begin, you should know something about the beta program as well as the beta testing process. Samsung One UI Beta program is a software testing activity that allows you to enter and test the features of unreleased Android software and provide your feedback to the company to enhance its features.
To be mentioned, One UI beta build is developed for testing purposes and may include bugs, issues, and inaccurate or perform unexpected tasks on your One UI 4 beta-powered device. So, you should think twice before you want to enroll with the One UI 4 beta program.
The beta program develops the software experience throughout a timeline and brings a few features that remain under development during the course of beta testing (until stable rollout).
Now, let’s dive into the download and install Samsung One UI 4 beta
How to sign up:
First, you need a Samsung account, if you don’t have one, create it and follow the instructions given below.
- Open Samsung Members app
- Login to your Samsung account
- Select “Notice“
- Tap on the beta banner
- Tap enroll to submit your beta application
- Before you begin to install the One UI 4 beta you should back up your data. You can use the Samsung Smart Switch PC version. Due to the nature of the beta software, it may cause any data loss.
How to Download and Install:
You must complete this enrollment process to move on to the download and installation process. Thereafter, follow the steps given below.
- Open Settings
- Software update
- Download and install
For you to remember, the One UI Beta Program is expanding gradually to One UI Beta Program participants.
How to downgrade:
You can also downgrade from your Beta program and get back to the previous One UI version. To download, you need to withdraw your beta testing application via Settings > One UI Beta Program status > Withdraw menu.
Now, you need to remove the beta software from the testing device. In this regard, you need to rollback to the previous release version by the Smart Switch PC version app on your computer. The rollback reset the device and removes data generated during beta testing.
How to feedback:
As mentioned above, One UI beta testers have the ability to provide their valuable feedback and enable the possibility of further improvements in the software system.
You can submit your feedback via the Samsung Members app on your smartphone. Follow the guidance below to file your feedback:
- Open Samsung Members app
- Select Beta feedback
- Send feedback
Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.
On the other hand, to provide UI or UX-related feedback, select Beta community and then Suggestions.
How about the official version:
Users will be able to download the One UI 4.0 official version once the testing finishes.
How to set video as a watch face in Huawei Watch 3 series
Huawei Watch 3 will allows setting your own animated Watch face with a duration of 5 – 10 seconds. Have you ever thought about doing so but couldn’t identify how to? No worries, in this article I’ll give to the details producer so you can set a video that inspires you most.
Apart from being fun, video watch faces can also be used to keep yourselves motivated all time. You can choose from different videos, adjust the video part accordingly to what you want to look at, and set it as the watch face on the Huawei Watch 3.
Below you can check the step by step by guide to set a video as a watch face.
- Open the Huawei Health App on your smartphone
- Now tap of Devices in (option available at the bottom bar)
- Select the smartwatch- Huawei Watch 3
- Afterward, click on the More option
- Head to the “Mine” section, here you’ll see the video in the edits
- From here you can choose one of your favorite videos and trim and edit it
- Once the trimmed video is saved on your smartphone, it’ll successfully apply to your Huawei Watch 3 watchface
In addtition, this latest watch also offers about 30 pre-installed faces that perfectly go with your daily style for various occasions. Adding to this, you can also find over 1000 designs on the Huawei Watch Face Store on the Health App to give a little renovation to your style.
Hope you have learned the procedure, which is really easy. Be unique with this flagship Huawei smartwatch and keep all your favorite moments with you. Stay connected for more tips. 🙂