Launched at Huawei Developer Conference 2020, the EMUI 11 is Huawei’s latest mobile software system that brings new improvements, features, and changes over the previous version of EMUI.
According to the information, the EMUI 11 offers a new smart Always on Display (AOD), improved multi-screen collaboration, better multi-window multitasking, new animations effects in the quick settings and in the home screen, better visual effects, and much more.
Despite this new set of features, some users may feel odd after upgrading to EMUI 11. These users may also complain about different issues including battery drain issues, display, and even unfriendly user interfaces.
In this regard, the Chinese tech giant continues to work to solve any inconveniences to the existing device owners as the company is ushering its way to the HarmonyOS (Hongmeng OS).
For now, we’ve brought a clear way to roll back the new changes that come with EMUI 11 and revert back to EMUI 10.1. For this, we’ve prepared a step-by-step guide, that will help to roll back from EMUI 11 to EMUI 10.1 without any problem.
Warning: This is an official way to roll back to the previous version of EMUI/Magic UI, we recommend you follow the instruction carefully. We’ll not be responsible for any issues that occurred to your device during or after roll back.
- Back up your important data via SD card, computer, or cloud before rolling back.
- Make sure your phone has more than 50% battery remaining.
- Use a stable connection to download the software package.
- Make sure you’re using official ROM. Otherwise, your roll back may fail and unknown issues may occur.
- Make sure that your phone is not unlocked or rooted.
- Keep sufficient storage in your smartphone.
- The system will restart after the roll back. This will take about 10 minutes. (Downloading depends on your internet speed).
What the update will erase:
- App data and system settings
- Install apps
- Security chip contents
- Locally stored system, app, and personal data related to Huawei IDs.
How to Roll back from EMUI 11 to EMUI 10.1:
1. Download the HiSuite application (from here) on your PC or Mac and install it.
2. Now you need to allow connection via HDB, to enable this feature, go to Settings > Security > More settings > touch the slider to enable this feature.
4. Allow required permissions
5. Once connected, HiSuite will require you to input a verification code, which will be shown on your device and help you start the connection.
6. Agree to the terms and conditions (If appears)
7. On the home screen, click on the Update button
8. Tap on Switch to Other Version
10. Press “Roll Back”
11. Agree the rollback terms and conditions
12. Following your consent, the HiSuite will start downloading the software package and then install it.
Being patience is important:
The download speed of this package depends on your internet connection and may take some time. So we recommend you to be patient and let the software download the package as well as install it.
Also, after the installation, the device will restart. Therefore, let the phone optimize the applications after first use before you start interacting with the phone.
How to solve Huawei EMUI update failure issue
Huawei is currently distributing the major software versions for both – HarmonyOS, and EMUI. However, most of the devices launched on the home ground are upgraded over HM OS but global devices are still running the EMUI software update ecosystem.
For further improvements and bug fixes, Huawei continues to deliver monthly and quarterly software updates for devices according to their upgrade cycle. But, sometimes users running on the EMUI software system face update failure issues on their devices.
If you are also facing the update failure issue on your Huawei EMUI device. Then, you are in the right place to find the get the solution. In this article, you get all the possible solutions to resolve the update failure issue on any Huawei EMUI device.
Firstly, let’s take a look at How to update Huawei devices before jumping to solutions.
Here are two ways to update your Huawei device on the latest version. First with phone settings and the second one via the My Huawei app. Both of these are mentioned below:
To download this update manually through Settings, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
Via My Huawei app:
To update your device through the My Huawei app. To do this, open the My Huawei app, tap on the update, then select Check for updates, and then download and install. Press the option and start to download.
Now, let’s jump to the solution to resolve the update failure issue on Huawei EMUI devices:
The software update failure problem is quite common among users. However, the cause of this issue is also common. Just the users need to stay attentive while updating the devices. You can follow the instructions mentioned below to stay away from this issue.
- The Update package should be downloaded and installed properly.
- While downloading the update package, data or WiFi connection is required and should be stable.
- It is compulsory to maintain enough storage to completely download the update
- Do not forcefully turn off the phone, once installation started.
- Keep your device battery charged at least 50%.
Keep these points in mind and then, update your EMUI device. If your problem is still not resolved then please let us know in the comment section about the actual issues.
Huawei EMUI Tip: How to use Magazine unlock
EMUI comes with a bunch of new features, these features describe the core of the software system with new access. On the other hand, there are some personalization features that could further enhance your Huawei EMUI user experience by adding a layer of fun right on your lock screen, such as Magazine Unlock.
Magazine unlock shows your different images on the lock screen each time the screen is accessed. The feature also offers you categories to images, which you can subscribe to or unsubscribe with the check box on the right side of the category.
The Magazine unlock feature currently supports 8 types of pre-installed wallpaper categories including:
- Leica photography
Other than these, you can add images from Gallery or set gallery images as Favorite. You can enable the Magazine Unlock feature from the Settings.
- Open Settings
- Display & wallpaper
- Select Magazine unlock
- Tap the slider on the right side of the Magazine unlock
- Select a category by tapping on the checking the box
Add from Gallery:
- New images can be added to Magazine unlock from the gallery by tapping on the + icon and adding the images.
Huawei Magazine unlock feature has its own functionalities that bring the user to the core of its perfection but the feature surely requires more attention in terms of categories that could keep the user refreshed all of the time.
How to exit from EMUI 12 beta [Full Guide]
Huawei has finally begun the beta testing for the next major software version, EMUI 12 in the global market. At present, the EMUI 12 beta is open for top flagships including Mate 40, P40, and Mate 30 series smartphones. So, if you are EMUI 12 eligible device owner, you should participate in the software testing program. This beta project allows you to explore the new OS and its feature ahead of stable rollout.
Meanwhile, some users may be worried or thinking about what happened if they don’t like the changes made with EMUI 12 over the existing EMUI 11. Also, you may be unsatisfied with the latest beta rollout.
So, here we’re to show you, how to exit EMUI 12 beta program and get back to your EMUI 11 version with the simple steps mentioned below in the article.
Since the launch of HarmonyOS 2.0, every Huawei user’s eager eye is on this new OS because of its offers. But, currently, it is limited to the Chinese market due to some reasons. On the other hand, global users are still awaited to install HM OS on their devices.
In the meantime, Huawei announced the EMUI 12 inspired by HarmonyOS for global consumers, which gives almost similar experiences to that. Early this month, the Chinese tech maker started the EMUI 12 beta in major markets such as Germany, France, and more.
How to exit EMUI 12 beta:
- Start Beta App
- Sign up with Huawei ID
- Select “Me”
- Tap on “Join Project”
- Tap on “Available Project”
- Select the project that you have already joined (EMUI 12 Beta)
- Select unsubscribe or sign out option
Note: After you have sent the application to leave, Huawei will process your application within 48 hours. Afterward, you will no longer receive beta notifications.
After you unsubscribe from the project, you can downgrade to the previous version of EMUI via HiSuite.
EMUI 12 Features:
EMUI 12 comes with an enhanced user interface design that reflects the design scheme of the HarmonyOS, new animation, adjust the size and weight of font using the slider, new control panel, notification center, and more.