According to the information, the new system stability HarmonyOS 3 beta update for the Huawei P30 series comes with build version 220.127.116.11 upgrading from HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168. This software update is rolling out in batches and may take some time to reach all of the consumers.
Last month, Huawei P30 and Mate 20 series began testing HarmonoyOS 3 in the Chinese market, this allows the phone users to get a brand new user experience along with new features. As for now, Huawei initiated the rollout exclusively for the P30 series.
There are plenty of new additions such as smart folders, better animations, as well as a bunch of new optimizations made to the performance. On the flip side, the company will allow you to experience better security and privacy than the past HarmonyOS.
Huawei P30 and P30 Pro users can download this new software update via Settings > System & updates and then tap on Software updates and then tap on CHECK FOR UPDATES to check for the latest firmware version.
The rollout details show that this upgrade is out for the following models:
- P30 – ELE-AL00
- P30 – ELE-TL00
- P30 Pro – VOG-AL00
- P30 Pro – VOG-AL10
- P30 Pro – VOG-TL00
These models are open to upgrade to the latest HarmonyOS 3 version. However, the company has not opened the HarmonyOS 3 public beta activity, which may take some time.
- Due to version restrictions, you need to upgrade to HarmonyOS version 22.214.171.124 first, otherwise, you won’t receive a new version.
- During the early beta activity, you can share the user experience improvement activity (path: Settings-System and Update-User Experience Improvement Plan), which is convenient for engineers to conduct system and application analysis, fault diagnosis, etc., and continuously improve the quality of the version.
- This update will not delete your data, but it is still recommended that you back up all important data to your PC or cloud before upgrading, and confirm that the backup content is complete and valid, otherwise there may be a risk of data loss.
- Because some third-party applications may not be compatible with HarmonyOS, the third-party application may not work properly after the update. It is recommended that you try to update the application to the latest version in Huawei AppGallery.
- After completing the update procedure, the phone may experience heat, lag, or slow charging. This is caused by some self-optimization and adaptation actions performed by the system after the upgrade.
- The update requires you to have at least 8GB of internal storage to store the OTA package. The installation package will be automatically deleted after the update without taking up storage space.