For the past few months, Huawei P30 Lite users in the UK have been running an older security patch and now, Huawei has finally pushed a new security patch for the P30 lite.
Some of Huawei P30 lite users in the UK recently informed us that the phone was still on the December 2019 security patch.
This latest update for Huawei P30 Lite comes in two packages and improves system security with Android security patches and fixes an issue with the system.
Huawei P30 Lite March Update ChangeLog:
Integrates Android security patches released in March 2020 for improved system security.
This update fixes an issue with system stability in certain situations.
The March security and system fixes for Huawei P30 Lite in the UK come with EMUI 10.0.0.193 and an update size of 130MB.
How to update Huawei P30 Lite:
- Open Settings
- Click on ‘System & updates’
- Click on ‘Software update’
- Click on ‘CHECK FOR UPDATES’
- Click on ‘Download and install’
Via Support (HiCare):
- Open Support app
- Click on ‘Services’ tab
- Click on ‘Update’
- Click on ‘CHECK FOR UPDATES’
- Click on ‘Download and install’
Thanks, David for the tip.
Check February 2023 EMUI security patch details
Huawei has released February 2023 EMUI security patch details that will fetch better safety for smartphones running EMUI 12.0.1, EMUI 12.0, and EMUI 11 in the global market.
In the meantime, Huawei keeps on sending security patches, optimizations, and other important performance upgrades over the OTA method directly to the devices.
Meanwhile, Huawei has not released the February 2023 EMUI security patch update for smartphones but it may soon be delivered to the corresponding eligible models.
Why it’s important?
Security patches are important and Huawei releases such upgrades for smartphones to implement high safety measures to guard the data and fight vulnerabilities. Such updates roll out monthly and quarterly sessions.
Huawei has fixed 2 issues in critical condition, 14 of them fixed in high mode, medium and low level of vulnerabilities are not recorded this time. While there are 23 common vulnerability exposures patched from the last firmware version.
Specifically, it fixes an unauthorized access vulnerability (CVE-2022-48286) in the multi-screen collaboration module, which could have affected the confidentiality of the files that you are sharing over the air.
There are two medium-level vulnerabilities fixed for Bluetooth modules, which could exploit user data. CVE-2022-48295 addresses the fix of authentification of the IHwAntiMalPlugin API, which could let malware attack your Huawei device.
Next comes the Huawei fix for permission management vulnerability in the SystemUI module, which may cause users to receive misleading broadcasts from malicious apps for storage exploitations.
Below you can check all of the CVE counts and codes mentioned in the February 2023 security bulletin.
- CVE-2022-22088, CVE-2022-41674
- CVE-2022-20456, CVE-2022-20461, CVE-2022-20489, CVE-2022-20490, CVE-2022-20492, CVE-2022-20493, CVE-2022-20494, CVE-2023-20905, CVE-2023-20913, CVE-2023-20915, CVE-2023-20920, CVE-2023-20921, CVE-2022-33255, CVE-2022-32635
Already included in previous updates:
- CVE-2022-20504, CVE-2022-20506, CVE-2022-20513, CVE-2022-20515, CVE-2022-20516, CVE-2022-20517, CVE-2022-20518, CVE-2022-20520, CVE-2022-20521, CVE-2022-20525, CVE-2022-20528, CVE-2022-20530, CVE-2022-20537, CVE-2022-20539, CVE-2022-20541, CVE-2022-20544, CVE-2022-20546, CVE-2022-20552, CVE-2022-42535, CVE-2022-42542, CVE-2022-20496, CVE-2022-20566, CVE-2021-39793
February 2023 security patch may take some time to toss over the devices and we’ll keep you posted.
Huawei Nova 7 January 2023 EMUI update is expanding
Huawei is expanding the January 2023 security patch for Nova 7 global version that improves the phone’s capability against potential threats. According to the information, Huawei Nova 7 January 2023 EMUI update comes with version 18.104.22.168 and 233 megabytes. This update is rolling out in batches began to rollout early last month.
You can check for the update via Settings or via the My Huawei app. Below you can see the update changelog:
This update improves system security with security patches.
- Integrates security patches released in January 2023 for improved system security.
- This update will not erase your personal data but we recommend that you back up only important data before updating.
- If you encounter any issues during the update contact the Huawei customer service hotline.
- The update package will be deleted automatically after the update is complete.
Thanks to the tipster – Mohammed for this amazing update.
Huawei Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9 gets January 2023 EMUI update
Despite the fact that EMUI 13 has not made its way to us, Huawei Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9 users can download January 2023 security update with EMUI build version 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.1991 respectively (via Huaweiportal).
Huawei Mate Xs 2 is an exceptional smartphone and it is a second-generation outward folding device that made its way to the global market. On the other side, it provides a new user experience than the predecessor.
The Nova 9 has a unique design and helped Huawei to recover Nova series sales among global consumers supporting a high-quality camera system. It equips 120Hz refresh rate and Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 4G.
Interestingly, Huawei Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9 launched with pre-installed EMUI 12 software and there are various features that caught our eye. However, it’s been already an entire year since Huawei rolled out a major upgrade. And EMUI 13 is all we’re waiting for.
For now, Huawei has not informed us about the EMUI 13 release date but these two smartphone owners eagerly waiting for a new announcement. Don’t forget that you can check for the latest firmware via system Settings > tap on System & updates > then move with the Software update to fetch a new upgrade for your Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9.
Below you can check the full changelog for both of these rolllouts.
- This update improves system security with security patches.
- January 2023 security patches integrated for better system security.
- With this update, your personal data will not be deleted, but it is recommended to backup all important data before updating. If you encounter any problems during the update, please call Huawei customer service support line or visit one of the Huawei service centers for assistance. This update package will be deleted automatically after the update is complete.