Huawei P10 and Mate 9 users in China are currently testing HarmonyOS operating system under the beta activity. The phone series will soon receive a stable HarmonyOS upgrade but before that the phone is now receiving a new patch that brings an important fix.
According to the changelog, the Huawei P10 and Mate 9 patch has a size of 82.55MB but it doesn’t have a version number. The update fixes issues with fingerprint login on some third-party apps. It also fixes some problems in display and optimizes calling as well as communication.
Earlier this month, the Huawei P10 series comes along with the Mate 9 series began receiving HarmonyOS 2.0 beta, and installed a bunch of new features for this smartphone. However, this new update is not available for global consumers.
The current beta testing will be conducted until a stable release and will be sent for various devices.
HarmonyOS First Beta Feature:
- HarmonyOS Home screen: Slide up the application icon with a horizontal line at the bottom to generate a universal card. The size of the card can be large or small. Drag to change the position and change the personalized desktop
- Control Center: Slide down from the top left of the screen to the notification center to view notifications message. slipped into the top of the screen from the right side control center convenient shortcut switch
- Slide: services may enter the service center from the lower left corner or lower right edge of the screen, the convergence of various types of universal card tap to direct service
- Large folder: Long press the desktop to store the application folder can be displayed as a large folder, the applications in the large folder can be directly accessed by clicking the application icon, which is more convenient to use
- HarmonyOS font: Supports stepless font weight changes, which can be adjusted by the slider Font size and thickness, with a comfortable viewing experience to satisfy your reading habits. Smart life in the whole scene
- Unlimited: New message chat function, support for sending encrypted messages, dynamic expressions, dragging to play voice messages, and multiple pictures to send Added screen sharing function. Share screen during video calls. Not only can you share screen information, you can also graffiti freely on the screen, and share information while chatting.
- AI Voice: Adjust the way to turn on Smart Voice. Press the power button for 1 second to bring up Wisdom Voice
(via – ithome)
Huawei P30 Pro (EMUI 12) getting May 2022 update
The Huawei P30 Pro May 2022 update improves system security and optimizes your phone’s user experience. Therefore, it’s recommended for you install this software update as soon as it appears on your device.
It’s quite good to see that Huawei is sending the latest security patch for such an important flagship. So, we could expect more optimizations coming toward Huawei P30 Pro in the future.
The latest Huawei P30 Pro in the global market comes with EMUI 12 version – 18.104.22.168 and 225 megabytes of package size. The software update could be downloaded via the Settings menu and on the other way, you can download it through the My Huawei app.
Thanks to the tipster – Bonta for this amazing tip
Installed EMUI 12?
If you haven’t already, we suggest you install EMUI 12 on your Huawei P30 and P30 Pro smartphone. Since, there is a various new functionality that will increase your user experience featuring the new control panel, brand new animations, and better performance as compared to EMUI 11.
To recall, Huawei has previously released a new software patch for Huawei P30 devices that contains fixes for issues where the ringtone settings for incoming calls would not take effect in certain scenarios.
In the Chinese market, Huawei has updated P30 devices with the latest HarmonyOS security patch.
Huawei P30 Pro:
Huawei P30 Pro equips a 6.47-inch display with an OLED panel and FHD+ resolution (2340 x 1080 pixels) resolution. The phone is water, splash, and dust resistant to safeguard your device in different conditions.
The P30 Pro is powered by Kirin 980 processor with octa-core architecture – 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.6GHz+ 2
x Cortex-A76 Based 1.92GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.8GHz as well as dual NPUs for fastest AI processing.
Don’t forget that the Huawei P30 Pro boasts a Leica quad-camera including 40 MP (Wide Angle Lens, f/1.6 aperture, OIS) + 20 MP (Ultra Wide Angle Lens, f/2.2 aperture) + 8 MP (Telephoto, f/3.4 aperture, OIS) and Time-of-Flight(TOF) Camera. There’s a 32MP camera on the front to take high-quality selfies in various scenarios.
Huawei P50 is getting HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 upgrade
The standard Huawei P50 is now receiving HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 software update in China. This update primarily optimizes system stability to make the flagship run smother and execute tasks on time. Huawei P50 users are recommended to install this software update as soon as it arrives.
This is another software update that Huawei is rolling out to improve this flagship device and deliver better to the consumers. However, the phone is only available for the Chinese market and Huawei P50 Pro has already on sale in the overseas market.
Coming to the details, Huawei P50 HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 software update could be downloaded by visiting Settings > System & updates > then tap on the Software update section, followed by the check for updates button. From here let the phone check for the available firmware version and fetch them down for you.
Be mentioned, Huawei P50 Pro in the global market comes with EMUI 12 software, which on the other hand, runs solely on HarmonyOS in China. According to previous details, Huawei P50 series phones could be the first ones to test HarmonyOS 3.0, when it comes out.
Talking about the standard Huawei P50, the phone features a flat panel display, and a powerful camera system consisting of two large circles to house the cameras. While the design of the phone remains intriguing in all aspects. The P50 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset but only with 4G connectivity.
(via – Huawei)
Huawei Watch Fit New is collecting May 2022 firmware
Huawei Watch Fit New is receiving May 2022 firmware update that comes with brand new optimizations for features as well as core services to enhance your user experience. In terms of details, the Huawei Watch Fit New May 2022 firmware has optimization for the display effect of some UI elements including icons. Therefore, it’s recommended for you install this software update.
According to the changelog, Huawei Watch Fit New latest software update comes with firmware version 184.108.40.206 upgrading from firmware 220.127.116.11. The second model of the Huawei Watch Fit New is getting this software update with firmware version 18.104.22.168 upgrading from 22.214.171.124.
Let’s take a look at the changelog:
- Optimize the display effect of some interfaces and icons
- Optimize the operation prompts of some scenes
Similar to the Huawei Watch Fit, Huawei Watch Fit New is also receiving this software update in China. Therefore, you will have to wait to get this software update in the global market.
To check for updates, you need to open the Huawei Health app, then connect your Huawei Watch Fit, navigate towards the firmware update section and then tap on Download and Install option to get this software update.
However, you should note that the entire upgrade process will take some time and we suggest you get this update on board as soon as it arrives on your smartphone.