Huawei EMUI October 2022 Updates List
In October 2022, Huawei is all set to launch new EMUI software updates for devices and it brings a number of features for smartphone owners. On the other hand, the Chinese tech maker has already released the latest security patch details as well as a list of devices that could participate in this rollout.
Meanwhile, EMUI 12 is reaching its conclusion to settle scores with the least bit of devices. Moreover, if you have been waiting, then we also want to remind you that the company is preparing to launch EMUI 13.
Aside from these, phones continue to receive new firmware and Huawei is rolling out new optimizations for the devices. Hereafter, October 2022 month is also filled with new software releases.
In this October 2022 EMUI updates archive, we’ll collect and share all of the security patches, system optimization, and new features.
October 2022 Huawei EMUI updates:
October 31, 2022:
- Huawei is rolling out an October 2022 software update with EMUI 126.96.36.1996 and an update package size of 276 megabytes.
- Huawei Mate 50 Pro is expanding its reach on the global market as well as the new firmware update with EMUI 188.8.131.52 software version.
October 29, 2022:
- Huawei Nova 9 is getting an October 2022 security update with EMUI version 184.108.40.2060 and an update package size of 330MB. However, the software is rolling out in batches and it will expand further.
October 27, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 50 Pro has been recently launched in the global market and brought in the EMUI 13 version 220.127.116.11. There are a number of new features that comes with this software build including emergency battery mode, system improvements as well as performance optimizations.
October 25, 2022:
- Huawei P30 Lite is receiving EMUI 12 version 18.104.22.168 which brings September 2022 security patch for improved system security.
October 16, 2022:
- Huawei P40 Lite users are getting September 2022 security patch in the global market with EMUI version 22.214.171.124 and 266 megabytes of package size.
- Huawei Nova 7i users are receiving October 2022, while some others are getting September 2022 security patches for EMUI 12 software system. Meanwhile, they also asking about EMUI 13.
October 15, 2022:
- Huawei has started releasing the September 2022 EMUI update for the P50 Pocket in Europe. The update is holding new fixes for the security system and will boost the performance level of the device. Read More
- Huawei is expanding the September 2022 security patch for the flagship model – the P50 Pro smartphone in Europe. The update is arriving with a 126.96.36.1994 build and a package size of 359MB. Read More
October 14, 2022:
- Huawei Nova Y70 users are now receiving a new update that packs camera and stability improvements. Alongside this, the update also brings the September 2022 security patch. [Changelog]
October 13, 2022:
- Huawei is sending a new October 2022 optimization update for the Huawei P40 Pro smartphones in the global market. The update is quite interesting and carries a handful of optimizations for the device.
October 11, 2022:
- Huawei Mate Xs foldable smartphone users have started collecting the September 2022 security patch in the global market. The update aims to improve the overall stability of the security system and make the device more reliable.
October 10, 2022:
- September 2022 EMUI update is making its way to Huawei P50 Pocket smartphone users. The update brings new improvements to the security system. Read More
- Huawei has released EMUI 12 update with brand-new features for the Y9s smartphones in West Africa. Users can identify the update with version 188.8.131.52 and must have ample space in their device to install the 3.52GB update package. [Changelog]
October 8, 2022:
- Huawei EMUI October 2022 security update is rolling out for the Mate 40 Pro smartphones. The update is occurring in the global region and will soon take place in other parts of the world. Read More
October 4, 2022:
- Huawei Nova 9 and Nova 9 SE devices are getting new software updates in batches around the corner and these software updates are meant to improve the phone’s security aspect with September 2022 security patch. Huawei Nova 9 is installing this firmware with EMUI version 184.108.40.206 for 9 SE and Nova 9 getting EMUI 220.127.116.117.
October 3, 2022:
- Huawei is a bit late in terms of providing new firmware for Nova 5T this month, as it was reflected on the September 2022 security patch. The phone gets it with EMUI 18.104.22.1688. Although, the phone runs EMUI 12 but we are looking forward to seeing further upgrades for this smartphone.
October 1, 2022:
- Huawei P50 Pro is a smartphone with lots of camera specs and the company continues to seed new software updates to ramp up its performance from various aspects. Earlier this month, Huawei rolled out EMUI 22.214.171.1244 for the flagship which comes with September 2022 security patch.
This list will be updated with new inputs and we suggest you keep on looking for new rollouts in the settings menu.
Huawei is yet to share EMUI 13 roadmap
EMUI 13 beta kicked off for global users and it’s quite exciting but the roadmap of eligible Huawei devices is still awaited. While there’s no official news available on this matter.
In 2021, Huawei released EMUI 12 roadmap during the Asia pacific launch event but this year, there are no such plans revealed. Instead of the roadmap, Huawei opened the EMUI 13 beta for all Huawei P50, P50 Pro, P50 Pocket, and Mate Xs 2 foldable phones.
Unfortunately, the program is open for the Asia region but more users want to join the beta activity. Especially the European models are waiting for term to dive into the testing pool.
Despite the delay, we hope that the oldest set of devices may also get a slot into this EMUI 13 release program.
In the meantime, if you have a flagship phone, tune into the Beta app. From here open the “Me” section and then search for a new EMUI 13 beta project.
You need to sign up for the beta application and wait for the submission. Once submitted, you will be notified to download the OTA update package.
If the activity is not available on your phone, don’t worry, you will see the project after the beta opens in your country. Yet, we also suggest you keep an eye on the Beta application.
EMUI 13 Features:
EMUI 13 focuses on reinventing EMUI 12, this includes better security and privacy. This new software can review all of the data safety measures thanks to the new privacy center.
It has new options to allow or revoke permission, check the timeline for all of the user permission, and so on. You can also set new image privacy to hide the image meta information.
EMUI 13 also plays well around the user interface and there are many improvements made to features such as large folders and service widgets.
EMUI 126.96.36.199 rolling for Huawei Mate 50 Pro
Huawei is rolling out EMUI 188.8.131.52 for the Huawei Mate 50 Pro smartphone in the global market. This update is packed with lots of new features, optimizations, and improvements for this flagship phone.
According to the information, EMUI 184.108.40.206 for Huawei Mate 50 Pro comes with new network improvements for certain situations. It has improvements in camera quality.
There are also new optimizations made for the audio quality of calls and games. On the flip side, the app has its own improvements for a better user experience.
Furthermore, Huawei has arranged new system stability optimizations that provide a performance boost for your smartphone.
According to the inputs, this upgrade integrates February 2023 security patch for the phone.
This is a big changelog for the Huawei Mate 50 Pro and the company is sending this to improve the phone’s performance in various scenarios. Also, if you have a Mate 50 Pro device, we suggest you get this version right away as soon as it appears.
The Mate 50 Pro is the first phone among all of the Huawei smartphones to get EMUI 13 but actually, it comes pre-installed. Since its launch, old phone users are waiting for a new major upgrade.
Recently, Huawei opened the beta program for a few flagships – P50 Pro, P50 Pocket, and Mate Xs 2 foldable phone. You should know that the latest EMUI 13 beta activity has limited slots and it’s available only for a region.
This new Huawei Mate 50 Pro update was released last week for global consumers and rolling out in batches. If your Mate 50 Pro has not received this firmware, make sure you get it via System settings.
(source – Huaweiblog)
Huawei P40 Lite February 2023 EMUI update reaches Europe
Huawei P40 lite is getting a new software update in Europe, which brings the latest security patches released in the month of February 2023. However, the phone users are also waiting for EMUI 13 roadmap to confirm their eligibility for the next major software update.
Huaweiblog reports that Huawei P40 Lite users are getting the February 2023 security update in Europe with build version 220.127.116.118 and the OTA package size of 254 megabytes.
This is a staged rollout, and all of the P40 Lite users will get it gradually. Below you can check the complete changelog of this software release.
List of Changes
This update improves system security with security patches.
- Integrates security patches released in February 2023 for improved system security.
For more information on the security of Huawei’s EMUI system updates, visit the Huawei official website.
Notes on the update:
- Your personal data will not be deleted by the update. However, we recommend that you back up important data before updating.
- Charge your phone sufficiently.
- The update package will be automatically deleted after the update is complete.