Huawei DevEco Studio 3.1 Canary rolling out
At HDC 2022, Huawei released the HarmonyOS app development kit, DevEco Studio 3.1 Canary version, and available to download for developers. DevEco Studio 3.1 Canary 1 is an early experience version, which is matched with HarmonyOS 3.1 Developer Preview version and supports 3.1.0 (API 9) Stage model application development.
The current version supports smartphones, and subsequent versions will support more platforms. At the same time, it also provides features such as differentiated build packaging, cross-language mixed debugging, and quick reference API reference.
Below you can check all of the Huawei DevEco Studio 3.1 Canary version changelogs.
- Added a diagnostic function that supports the application/service development environment, which can detect whether the development environment is complete and ensure that developers have a good development experience. If there are unsatisfied check items in the check result, it is recommended that you make adjustments based on the repair suggestions.
- Added support for customizing multi-target build product features based on the Hvigor project. Application manufacturers will customize the same application into different versions according to different deployment environments, different target groups, and different operating environments, such as normal version, VIP version, Free version, paid version, etc. Through a small amount of differential processing in DevEco Studio, different target product versions can be built for one application during the compilation and construction process, and efficient reuse of source code and resource files can be realized.
- Added support for ArkTS/JS and C/C++ cross-language debugging features. In C/C++ projects, use ArkTS/JS and C/C++ for mixed development, and you can directly enter the C/C++ method where ArkTS or JS calls the C/C++ method. Debugging in C++ code is convenient for developers to quickly discover and solve problems related to cross-language calls.
- Added support for the quick query of API reference documents. When calling the ArkTS API interface or ArkTS/JS component in the editor, you can quickly and accurately query the corresponding reference documents through the editor.
- Supports HarmonyOS application/service 3.1.0 (API 9) application/service development, including project templates, HarmonyOS SDK, etc.
- Multiple application/service development templates such as About Ability, Business Card Ability, and Category Ability have been added to the project wizard. Developers can select corresponding templates according to application scenarios to quickly create application/service projects.
- API Version 8~9 project compilation and construction performance optimization, support task-level parallel and incremental construction, and improve the construction speed.
- The remote emulator supports HarmonyOS 3.1.0 (API 9) mirrored remote device P50, which is convenient for developers to debug 3.1.0 (API 9) applications/services.
- The OpenHarmony log function supports printing FaultLog, which is convenient for application developers to quickly query, locate, and export application fault information.
- Solved the problem that the installation path of the OpenHarmony SDK does not support spaces.
- Solved the problem that the attributes of some components were not displayed in the Attributes property list when using the Inspector two-way preview function in the ArkTS project.
- Solved the problem that in the ArkTS project of OpenHarmony, continuously modifying the values attribute of the DataPanel component may cause the previewer to crash.
- Solved the problem that the memory usage is too high in a small probability during the compilation process, causing the compilation to fail.
- Solved the problem of running the local emulator when there are dual graphics cards on the host computer.
- Solved the problem that the HiLog log cannot be printed on the P50 remote emulator.
- Solved the problem that the PreviewLog cannot print the Console log and HiLog log when previewing the OpenHarmony API 9 project.
- Solved the problem that when the macOS system is upgraded to version 12.3 and above because the system does not have Python 2.7 version by default, the problem of starting C++ debugging fails.
Huawei P60 Pro update brings camera and two way satellite SMS improvements
Huawei is rolling out a brand new software update for the latest Huawei P60 Pro flagship and it has some important optimizations for camera and satellite SMS features.
According to the information, the Huawei P60 series is the first to equip HarmonyOS 3.1 operating system. This release brings many new features that are built onboard. However, the new rollout addresses the optimizations with HarmonyOS version 22.214.171.124 and an OTA package size of 1.11 GB.
Users of this Huawei P60 Pro can download the update with new camera effects. It also enhances image quality for a better photo user experience. On the other hand, this firmware has new optimizations for two-way satellite SMS.
Moreover, Huawei P60 Pro can get performance improvements with new system stability optimizations. This software is expanding in batches for the Huawei P60 Pro and it’s only available in China.
Huawei P60 Pro:
Huawei P60 Pro equips a new ultra-lighting main camera system with variable aperture technology training from F/1.4 aperture to F/4.0 range. The flagship’s RYYB sensor boosts light intake. The large sensor allows you to take the right photographs in the darkest environments.
The phone also ramps up an ultra-lighting telephoto camera, which adapts the world’s biggest f/2.1 aperture to process 178% more light and 488% more brightness than iPhone 14 Pro Max.
Looking at the numbers, the Huawei P60 Pro equips a triple rear camera system including a 48 MP Ultra Lighting Camera (F1.4 – F4.0 aperture, OIS). Also, there’s a 13 MP Ultra-Wide Angle Camera (F2.2 aperture), and a 48 MP Ultra Lighting Telephoto Camera (F2.1 aperture, OIS).
Two way Satellite:
Huawei P60 Pro breaks the barrier with the first-ever two-way satellite SMS communication feature. This allows users to send and receive SMS over Beidou satellite without a mobile network.
It’s good to know that Huawei is seeding new software upgrades to the Huawei P60 series and improving the phone’s performance in different scenarios.
Huawei launches new camera app features
HarmonyOS 3.1 comes with various new features and Huawei has finally made some changes to the stock camera app, which, we’ll going to discuss in this article.
The first appearance of these changes could be found in the Huawei P60 series. However, the software will soon expand for more users and these phones may also get the same camera app.
As for your information, Huawei has highlighted two new camera app features with HarmonyOS 3.1. These are – the new telephoto round dial and the latest shortcut features below the shutter button.
Let’s start with the first, the new camera app improved the way we interact with the telephoto zoom. For example, you now have a bit clear user interface. The zoom labels for wide, 1x, and more have been separated without dots.
But a major change is found in the manual zoom bar, which now has a rotating dial. With this new addition, the camera will render a real-time rotating dial to match the zoom level on the screen.
For example, you can increase or decrease the zoom with a tap and hold and left and right actions. This will adjust the zoom according to the movement of the dial. There’s a red stoppage, which indicates the current zoom level similar to a DSLR.
Compared to this new telephoto range, the existing Huawei stock camera app uses a horizontal bar to change the zoom levels. However, the new way is easy as found by many users.
With HarmonyOS 3.1, Huawei is also improving your way to interact with the most common camera settings. These are now placed below the shutter button. The addition is completely new to the Huawei camera app and increases its reachability.
For example, the phone’s most common top menu options are by expanding the up icon below the shutter button. It includes AI mode, flash, select aspect ratio, move pictures, select a filter, and more. The feature also supports left and right action to show more on-screen options.
New camera app:
These are two major changes that the new stock Huawei camera app and there might be more simple tweaks waiting to explore. For global users, the new camera app could come with EMUI 13.1 and we’ll look forward to it.
24 oldest Huawei smartphones begin HarmonyOS 3 journey [List]
HarmonyOS 3 is about to conclude the beta roadmap in China because Huawei has opened the very last phase of the entire schedule with the 24 oldest Huawei smartphones.
These phones belong to both budget and mid-range price segments, while some of these belong to Huawei’s former subsidiary – Honor. Despite the partition, Huawei keeps on sending this software update for Honor phones from 2020 or before.
It’s good that Huawei decided not to leave Honor phones in limbo, at least in China. Meanwhile, smartphone owners of Huawei Nova 6 SE and the entire Nova 5 series are happy about the recruitment. These phone users have been waiting for this announcement since last December.
However, it’s finally here, and below are the 24 oldest Huawei smartphones to participate in the HarmonyOS 3 closed beta recruitment.
- Huawei Nova 6 SE
- Huawei Nova 5
- Huawei Nova 5i Pro
- Huawei Nova 5z
- Huawei Nova 4
- Huawei Maimang 9 5G
- Huawei Enjoy Z 5G
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Pro 5G
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G
- Huawei Enjoy 20 5G
- Huawei Nova 4e
- Huawei Nova 5i
- Huawei Enjoy 10 Plus
- Huawei Maimang 8
- Huawei Enjoy 9S
- Huawei Enjoy 10S
- Honor Play4
- Honor 20
- Honor 20 Pro
- Honor V20
- Honor V20 MOSCHINO Version
- Honor Magic 2
- Huawei MatePad 5G 10.4 inches
- Huawei MatePad 10.4 inches.
These are a lot of models and it’s praiseworthy that Huawei is taking care of these forgotten smartphones with a top-notch software upgrade. Coming back to the beta activity details, HarmonyOS 3 beta is opened with limited slots including 500 bookings for the long version and 1500 for no log version on each device/model.
The latest HarmonyOS 3 recruitment falls under the closed test environment, which means only a handful of smartphones will receive the Beta OTA package. However, a wider version of the beta will begin with the public version of the HarmonyOS 3 release.
Meanwhile, you should know that these phone users will get a first ride to the newest HarmonyOS 3 features before it is released as a stable version.