After four beta versions, Huawei has finally unveiled the DevEco Studio 3.0 release with ultimately HarmonyOS 3.0 support. Alongside this, the all-new edition welcomes several services that enhance the overall development of programs and applications.
Huawei DevEco Studio 3.0 is a one-stop integrated development tool for HarmonyOS applications and services. Further, it also supports the OpenHarmony application and service production. It is a capable software that provides thoughtful aptitudes to developers so that they can conduct development-related tasks.
So far, the software program went through numerous internal tests and beta iterations. And finally, the company has brought a more stable version with new features and the effective support of HarmonyOS 3.0 applications and services.
Ultimately, now the latest HarmonyOS 3.0 applications and services will support the APIs (Application Programming Interface) from 4 to 8 versions. Besides, the OpenHarmony SDK supports API 8 and 9 builds.
On the other hand, the new software program provides solutions to various problems. For instance, flicking interface, repeated disconnections, display width of P50 remote emulator, and other issues of the code-oriented projects.
You can check the new enhancements and fixes, below.
DevEco Studio 3.0 Features and Fixes
- Support the development of HarmonyOS 3.0 applications and services.
- Enhanced the editor’s capabilities and supports static analysis of C/C++ code. For instance, real-time detection of unreachable codes, and unused function parameters in C/C++ files, making coding more standardized and efficient.
- Enhanced the ability of the test framework. Improved the execution efficiency of the test framework significantly for the projects of JS/eTS API Version 8 and 9. At the same time, optimizes the test framework template to improve the readability of the template code.
- Optimized the C++ debugging capability. Supports right-clicking the C++ stack frame to jump into the assembly and perform assembly-level single-step debugging.
- Solved the problem that the configuration wizard interface will flicker when creating a project. Further, adds a module, ability, page, etc under the dark theme.
- Solved the problem of creating a low-code project, adding a button component, and debugging the code after binding an event. When entering a breakpoint, the execution sequence of the breakpoint will be out of order.
- Fixed an issue where modifying the properties or interface parameters of some components may cause the previewer engine to crash.
- Solved the problem after referencing a custom component in the npm package in the HTML code of the module. Adding or deleting a component, and saving it with Ctrl+S, the preview interface will display a white screen, and you need to click the refresh button to restore it.
- Solved the problem of repeated disconnection and automatic reconnection after the P50 remote simulator is connected to the WLAN network.
- Solved the problem that the display width of the P50 remote emulator is compressed, and the display effect of fonts and icons is compressed.
- Solved the problem that the P50 remote emulator stuck after starting.
- Solved the problem that the P50 remote simulator cannot obtain temperature and time data and cannot run UITest when running an application with a service card.
- Solved the problem that the local simulator starts abnormally with a small probability, indicating that the HDC tool is not running normally.
- Solved the problem that the pickFirst or pickLast processing mechanism was inaccurate when Library dependencies conflicted.
- Solved the problem that the application’s configuration file Schema reported an error and could not jump to a specific code block.
- Solved the problem that OpenHarmony’s C++ project cannot enter breakpoints probabilistically.
- Solved the problem that Hilog log printing fails in small probability during debugging.
Broadcom BK7235 processor combines with OpenHarmony
Broadcom Integration Group recently launched a new BK7235 high-end processor and merged it with the OpenHarmony operating system. The chipset aims to enhance IoT connectivity and bring new improvements in the security aspects.
And to make these connections more reliable, Broadcom group has integrated a BK7235 processor in the OpenHarmony framework. Accordingly, it will facilitate the operating system with rich storage and a robust security structure.
On the other hand, it can provide numerous immediate options for commercial purposes. For instance, lightweight audio quality, new upgrades for functions, controlling management, and more.
Let’s understand the high-end BK7235 processor in detail.
BK7235 MCU Chipset – Two Versions
Broadcom BK7235 chip is an MCU (micro-controller unit). It has two variants: single-core and dual-core. The single-core chip installs a 656KB RAM and supports 26 GPIOs (General Purpose Input/Output), and a 5V direct power supply. It is appropriate for 5V smart home gadgets.
Meanwhile, the BK7235 dual-core version packs 800KB RAM and a high-speed 8MB Dynamic RAM (DRAM). Further, it supports single and multiple cloud connections, 48 GPIOs, dual microphones, a CIS camera, 16-bit LCD, and significant coding functions.
BK7235 processor – efficiency
Both versions use a self-developed security infrastructure to offer tough security protection for the entire operating system. Aside from the regular security components, the processor also equips the powerful P-384 encryption protocol to access verified algorithms.
It’s worth mentioning that the respective chipset has also qualified for the PSA level 1 safety certification. Hence, it will make useful changes in the OpenHarmony operating system.
Moreover, the processor easily operates and manages common, commercial, and authorized passwords. For instance AES, RSA, ECC, SM2, SM3, SM4, and more. Together, these qualities will help in providing efficient security protection to the IoT and other network devices.
In addition to the magnificent safety functions, the BK7235 chip is eligible for Wi-Fi 6, and Bluetooth 5.2, and supports various third-party network connections. Hence, the chipset could prove a beneficial implementation for the OpenHarmony community.
Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 gets SuperHub feature with HarmonyOS 3 public beta
Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 tablets are grabbing the HarmonyOS 3.0 public beta update along with the smart SuperHub feature. The update also optimizes the system’s stability and improves the overall functioning of the gadget.
According to the information, the latest update for the MatePad Pro 10.8 tablet users is arriving with HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 build version and 1.0GB package size. It is recommended to opt for a standard Wi-Fi network for installing the new firmware.
Moreover, the update is only compatible with the following models:
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 (MRX-AL09)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 (MRX-AL19)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 (MRX-W09)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 (MRX-W19)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 (MRX-W29)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 (MRX-W39)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 5G 10.8 (MRX-AN19)
Speaking of the additions, the fresh update brings the unique SuperHub feature for the Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 tablets. Eventually, this section allows you to easily share various content between different apps and devices.
On the other hand, you can simply drag and drop pictures, texts, documents, links, and more from one app to the SuperHub Transfer feature. Further, the update adds a new mouse pointer icon. This allows you to adjust the speed of the mouse pointer on the tablet.
What else? Well, the new update integrates the latest November 2022 security patch. As a result, you will experience a reliable and more responsive system after feeding the new update to your tablet.
HarmonyOS 3.0 public beta changelog
- Added the SuperHub (Smart Transfer feature) which enables you to share various content between apps and devices. Just long press and drag pictures, texts, links, and more to SuperHub.
- Added a new mouse pointer icon that allows adjusting the speed of the mouse pointer.
- Incorporates the November 2022 security patch to enhance the system security
You can install the latest update through the Settings menu. However, make sure that you have HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 as the baseline version. Also, take a backup of the device beforehand so that the new update may not harm your data.
Huawei MatePad Paper new update brings unique changes to Notes app
Huawei is rolling out a new update for the MatePad Paper global users that brings unique changes to the Notes application. While the update also holds useful optimizations for the device alongside.
The latest Huawei MatePad Paper update is quite interesting as it includes a new Notes app version. Eventually, this new app build will enhance the overall user experience. Besides, it provides a variety of new functions.
To begin with, the Notes app now supports multi-level folder placement. As a result, you can manually assemble the notes and subjects in the folders at your convenience. In addition, the new app version optimizes the syncing and copying features.
Aside from the Notes app, the MatePad Paper update also mends the device system. As of now, users can easily add an app to the sidebar by drag and drop method.
In terms of security, the fresh update brings the September 2022 improvements patch. This is a little strange point, as many of you might be expecting the November 2022 security patch for the tablets.
However, the corresponding patch has its own merits. It fixes 29 system exploits and resolves more than 37 third-party library vulnerabilities. Hence, we will recommend you install the latest firmware.
You can read the full changelog below:
System Applications: Notes
- Updated Notes app to 184.108.40.2060 version
- Added multi-level folder feature
- Enhanced syncing function on tablets and phones
- Improves copying long content between pages and notebooks
- Allows bookshelf to group books by user-defined group names
System and Security:
- Enables the user to add an app to the sidebar by tapping and holding the app icon
- Integrates September 2022 security patch
- Increases system security and stability
While the update is appearing through the OTA process, you can sneak into the update section to install the firmware manually.
Although make sure that you have a sufficient amount of space for installation. Besides, keep the battery level above 35%. The update will not harm your essentials. Yet it will be better if you proceed with a backup.