The split-screen mode can help you multitask by separating your screen into two panes, allowing you to display and operate two different apps simultaneously.
Not all devices or apps support Split-screen mode. Some apps may be not able to run properly in this mode.
How to use split-screen mode on Huawei P30 and Huawei P30 Pro:
Use your knuckle to enable Split-screen mode:
- Open a compatible app, touch your knuckle to the screen and draw a line across the middle.
- Draw a horizontal line when the screen is in portrait mode, and a vertical line when in landscape mode.
Use the Recent key to enable Split-screen mode:
- Open a compatible app, then touch and hold the app switcher icon (it’s usually a square on the right side of the navigation bar)
- For devices featuring a front navigation button, the virtual navigation bar is disabled by default. If you want to enable the virtual navigation bar, go to Settings > System > System navigation > Three key navigation > Settings.
- After enabling the virtual navigation bar, the front navigation button will be disabled and will not respond if you touch and hold it or swipe it.
Use three fingers to enable Split-screen mode:
- Open a compatible app and swipe up on the screen with three fingers.
- Make sure not to swipe up from the very bottom of the screen.
- If you receive an SMS message or app notification while watching a video in full-screen mode, a banner will be displayed to prompt you to split the screen.
How to exit split-screen mode.
By long-tapping, the split screen app switching icon. This method automatically closes the secondary app at the bottom of your display.
Another way to end your split-screen mode session is simply by dragging the divider line all the way to the top or bottom of your screen.