At Google I/O 2019, Huawei has come in the frontline to receive the Android Q’s third beta for its Mate 20 Pro flagship. The new Android Q flagship comes with a new set of features that you can expect into the upcoming EMUI 10.
EMUI 10: Latest news, release date, features, and eligible devices [Updated]
So, if you own a Mate 20 Pro and still wondering how you can install the latest Android 10 (Android Q) Beta on your phone, here are the complete instructions that’ll guide you to get the Android Q beta build directly to you Mate 20 Pro device.
But before you jump into the instruction, we recommend you to read the qualification terms and conditions.
Audience: Global Android developers with a HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro
Beta participation terms and conditions: To join this project, applicants should meet the following conditions.
- Participant must have a Google Play Developer Account (which seems unfair), learn more about Developer here play.google.com/apps/publish/signup/
- Participant must have released one or more apps on the Google Play Store.
- Use a Huawei Mate 20 Pro mobile phone, with a HUAWEI ID registered by the Google Play Developer account’s email. This email will be used later to log in to the Beta app. (Note: The email address will be verified by HUAWEI official team. The developer will be qualified and receive the OS test version after successfully verified.)
How to register for the Android Q beta update:
1. Open the following link using a Huawei Mate 20 Pro phone: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/fut/
Download and install the Beta app.
2. Log in to the app with a HUAWEI ID registered by the Google Play Developer account’s e-mail and sign up for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro Developer project.
Ownership of the phone:
Developers should use their own Mate 20 Pro phones. For details about the version number, please refer to the information below.
Duration of the project:
May 8, 2019 – June 30, 2019 (GTM+8)
Developer version push:
After registration, the first version will be pushed on May 11, 2019 (GTM+8). The following versions will be pushed on every Tuesday and Thursday (GTM+8).
To find out if you are qualified to enter the project, you can go to the Personal menu in Beta app, select Join Project > Available projects > HuaweiMate20pro Beta project, and confirm that the Project status is “YOU HAVE JOINED THE PROJECT”.
If a developer finds any system problems or other issues during the test, he or she should submit feedback through the Beta app.
1. The testing version is a developer version and cannot be used for commercial purposes. Bugs or problems may occur during usage such as freezing, rebooting, updating failure, and etc. Please back up important data in advance, and exercise caution when updating to the latest version. The existing bugs and solutions will be updated continuously at the end of this thread.
2. If the phone version is restored to the commercial version through HiSuite, the system will continue to update the following commercial versions.
3. The beta version is unstable and may contain bugs, causing data loss or other issues. Therefore, please do not use this version for personal use, and back up the phone data in advance.
4. Mate 20 Pro versions supported outside of China:
More versions might be added during the project.
5. Supported countries: Italy, Belgium, Spain, Germany, France, Portugal, the Netherlands, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Poland, Denmark, Romania, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Serbia, and Ukraine.
6. System update method: Update to the developer version through OTA.
7. The system can be restored to the commercial version through HiSuite, however, all user data will be cleared in the process.
*Huawei reserves all rights related to this recruitment activity.
If you have any questions about the recruitment or about the beta version, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com or visit: https://www.google.com/android/beta for more details.
1. After you logged in with Google account in Set-up Wizard, the account login status might be displayed as “None” in multiple interfaces such as Settings. And the Google Play Store might ask you to login again when you launch it.
2. Google Maps cannot locate when launching for the first time.
3. Sharing picture feature might be unavailable after disabling location service.
4. Face recognition might be unstable.
5. Voice wake up might be unstable and cannot record voice command.
6. Gesture navigation might be unstable.
7. Fingerprint payment might be unsuccessful under certain scenarios.
8. The Camera app might encounter issues such as crash, black screen, incorrect watermark, and etc.
9. Message blocking might be ineffective, and the messages might be unable to be sent by third-party messaging apps.
10. VoLTE feature might be unavailable under certain scenarios.
More information will be added constantly in this thread. So remember to come and check out the latest news. Stay tuned!
Huawei launched SingleBAND intelligent multi-frequency fusion solution
On 18th October Huawei launched its SingleBAND intelligent multi-frequency fusion solution at the 2021 Global MBB Forum. This solution integrates two innovative technologies to achieve the best overall network performance and contribute to the 5Gigaverse ecosystem.
Huawei SingleBAND solution offers edge cutting attributes such as flexible frequency decoupling, full-band multi-beam, three-dimensional coordination, and intelligent base stations. It mainly targets to increases the spectrum’s value. Let’s explore the two concepts on which the Huawei SingleBAND solution is based.
Multi-frequency Integration of One Network Concept:
As well known, 5G will demand more frequency bands alongside versatile bandwidths. It’ll increase the coverage performance between TDD and FDD bands. In addition, the multi-frequency integration on one network using efficient coordination of multi-frequency network resources will be able to achieve mutual assistance between multiple frequency bands.
As mentioned earlier, there are two innovative technologies applied to this solution. The first one is flexible decoupling of all frequency bands to help ubiquitous gigabit experience. Meanwhile, the second one is a full-band multi-beam three-dimensional coordinated scheduling to increase the capacity of the entire network. A brief description of both is given below-
First Innovative Technology:
The first technology is flexible decoupling that carries 5G NR uplink services using the Sub-3G spectrum. It enchanted the overall TDD uplink and downlink coverage. To be more precise, the supplementary uplink carrier bandwidth of 100MHz delivers a higher uplink rate 1.1Gbps for each user. In addition, the average user experience gain is recorded by 30%.
Second Innovative Technology:
The second technology that has been integrated into this solution is multi-antenna. It helped in realizing multi-user pairing through a single frequency band. Moving ahead, the full-band multi-beam three-dimensional coordinated scheduling has improved the network capacity by 25%.
Intelligent Base Stations: Upgrade of Regular Multi-Frequency Technology
The intelligent base stations are able to forecast the air interface signal strength, spectrum efficiency, beam, and other conditions. It brings accuracy and an increase in traditional multi-frequency characteristics. Moreover, a total of 20% progress has been seen in the multi-frequency network’s average user experience.
At the event, Huawei SingleRAN Domain President- Jiang Xudong commented, there is no end to innovations. Huawei proposes the SingleBAND intelligent solution target to conquer the current challenges of complex networks in the 5G epoch.
Huawei concluded the 7th “Internet+” contest with 13 finalists of the company
On 18th October, the 7th China International “Internet +” College Student Innovation and Entrepreneurship contest finally reaches its end with 13 finalists of Huawei. A total of 9.56 million people from 121 countries and signed up for this competition with an academic organizations count of 4347.
There were overall 50 finalists including 13 Huawei proposition teams specializing in Kunpeng, Shengteng AI, Huawei Cloud, CT, and OpenHarmony technologies. In addition, the company provided guidance and essential insights for these projects. In the end, Huawei won the Outstanding Organization Award from the Internet Contest host for its active participation.
Huawei’s participation in the Contest:
The Shenzhen-based firm made a great contribution to this event and presented the high integration of subject knowledge and industry practice. Its core technologies including Kunpeng, Shengteng AI, Huawei Cloud, CT, Consumer Cloud, and OpenHarmony. and other cutting-edge fields have been explored by about 337 1205 college teams.
Furthermore, the company is determined to give one-on-one expert guidance and in-depth guidance on key tasks for the participating teams. Using its high-quality projects with dual values of technology and business the participants presented many theoretical foundations of industry applications and computing.
Apart from this, Huawei also appears in the exhibition area and displayed its prototype entitled “Kunpeng Spreading Wings and Ascending Miles”. Its purpose was to display the basic software and hardware technologies of Kunpeng and Shengteng AI.
(Image from Huawei)
China International “Internet+” Contest:
This is one of the largest and most prominent college student innovation and entrepreneurship events in China. It targets to deepens the reformation of innovation and business education for the students. It brings the students and industry leaders together to be aware of key areas in the closes connection between intelligence, technology, and project resources of universities and social development.
Huawei completes the XMC-3E ODU microwave field test in corporation with Hohhot Unicom
Recently, Huawei and Hohhot Unicom jointly completed the first XMC-3E ODU microwave field test in Hohhot, China. A 112MHz large channel and 4096QAM high-profile mode have been used in this test that succeed in realizing a 1.37Gbps ODU single channel bandwidth.
It’s a nearly double rate of the bandwidth in the traditional ODU. Huawei conducted this microwave field test in Naobao village to provide them with ultra-wide and minimal carrying solutions.
To be mention, the XMC-3E ODU microwave used in this test has been honored with Red Dot Design and the iF Design Award in June this year. It has been selected for its outstanding industrial design and high-performance capabilities.
XMC-3E ODU Microwave:
This solution of the compy integrates a large channel of 112MHz to deliver the highest modulation mode of 8192QAM. Meanwhile, it preserves its simplistic design with twofold spectrum efficiency in comparison with the traditional ODU bandwidth.
(Images From Huawei)
Simultaneously, its cognitive handle design and quick-lock mounting parts are easy to maintain and provide an effortless deployment. In addition, it also delivers improved efficiency with higher safety measurements.
First Test Field:
As mentioned earlier, the first test was carried out in the Naobao village of Hohhot province in China. It is inhabited in the northeast of Hohhot which is 18 kilometers away from the urban area. However, it’s a really famous place in terms of tourism and has a history of over 300 years.
Field Test Results:
The main motive of Hohhot Unicom is to maximize the bandwidth capability and stability of a single-channel ODU. Thus, the company has cooperated with the leading tech provider Huawei. The test results show a 112MHz channel for 4096QAM modulation without enabling the bandwidth acceleration.
Moreover, the plant can achieve a 1.37Gbps maximum bandwidth rate while maintaining a stabilized output. This solution is based on Huawei’s original high transmission power ODU that has increased power of 1.5dBm in a range of 10km.