At Google I/O 2019, Huawei has come in the frontline to receive the Android Q’s third beta for its Mate 20 Pro flagship. The new Android Q flagship comes with a new set of features that you can expect into the upcoming EMUI 10.
EMUI 10: Latest news, release date, features, and eligible devices [Updated]
So, if you own a Mate 20 Pro and still wondering how you can install the latest Android 10 (Android Q) Beta on your phone, here are the complete instructions that’ll guide you to get the Android Q beta build directly to you Mate 20 Pro device.
But before you jump into the instruction, we recommend you to read the qualification terms and conditions.
Audience: Global Android developers with a HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro
Beta participation terms and conditions: To join this project, applicants should meet the following conditions.
- Participant must have a Google Play Developer Account (which seems unfair), learn more about Developer here play.google.com/apps/publish/signup/
- Participant must have released one or more apps on the Google Play Store.
- Use a Huawei Mate 20 Pro mobile phone, with a HUAWEI ID registered by the Google Play Developer account’s email. This email will be used later to log in to the Beta app. (Note: The email address will be verified by HUAWEI official team. The developer will be qualified and receive the OS test version after successfully verified.)
How to register for the Android Q beta update:
1. Open the following link using a Huawei Mate 20 Pro phone: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/fut/
Download and install the Beta app.
2. Log in to the app with a HUAWEI ID registered by the Google Play Developer account’s e-mail and sign up for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro Developer project.
Ownership of the phone:
Developers should use their own Mate 20 Pro phones. For details about the version number, please refer to the information below.
Duration of the project:
May 8, 2019 – June 30, 2019 (GTM+8)
Developer version push:
After registration, the first version will be pushed on May 11, 2019 (GTM+8). The following versions will be pushed on every Tuesday and Thursday (GTM+8).
To find out if you are qualified to enter the project, you can go to the Personal menu in Beta app, select Join Project > Available projects > HuaweiMate20pro Beta project, and confirm that the Project status is “YOU HAVE JOINED THE PROJECT”.
If a developer finds any system problems or other issues during the test, he or she should submit feedback through the Beta app.
1. The testing version is a developer version and cannot be used for commercial purposes. Bugs or problems may occur during usage such as freezing, rebooting, updating failure, and etc. Please back up important data in advance, and exercise caution when updating to the latest version. The existing bugs and solutions will be updated continuously at the end of this thread.
2. If the phone version is restored to the commercial version through HiSuite, the system will continue to update the following commercial versions.
3. The beta version is unstable and may contain bugs, causing data loss or other issues. Therefore, please do not use this version for personal use, and back up the phone data in advance.
4. Mate 20 Pro versions supported outside of China:
More versions might be added during the project.
5. Supported countries: Italy, Belgium, Spain, Germany, France, Portugal, the Netherlands, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Poland, Denmark, Romania, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Serbia, and Ukraine.
6. System update method: Update to the developer version through OTA.
7. The system can be restored to the commercial version through HiSuite, however, all user data will be cleared in the process.
*Huawei reserves all rights related to this recruitment activity.
If you have any questions about the recruitment or about the beta version, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: https://www.google.com/android/beta for more details.
1. After you logged in with Google account in Set-up Wizard, the account login status might be displayed as “None” in multiple interfaces such as Settings. And the Google Play Store might ask you to login again when you launch it.
2. Google Maps cannot locate when launching for the first time.
3. Sharing picture feature might be unavailable after disabling location service.
4. Face recognition might be unstable.
5. Voice wake up might be unstable and cannot record voice command.
6. Gesture navigation might be unstable.
7. Fingerprint payment might be unsuccessful under certain scenarios.
8. The Camera app might encounter issues such as crash, black screen, incorrect watermark, and etc.
9. Message blocking might be ineffective, and the messages might be unable to be sent by third-party messaging apps.
10. VoLTE feature might be unavailable under certain scenarios.
More information will be added constantly in this thread. So remember to come and check out the latest news. Stay tuned!
Huawei opens new store in Saudi Arabia
On January 31, 2023, Huawei opened its new store at Jeddah Park in Saudi Arabia, as this counts as the second Experience store in the country with an opportunity for customers to get their favorite Huawei device.
Last year, Huawei launched its largest overseas flagship store in Saudi Arabia’s Riyadh, which expands over 2000 square meters with a minimalist design and provides a full-scenario experience to consumers.
Compared to that, the new Huawei store is expanding to 600 square meters and offers customers the to experience various technologies. These include devices such as smartphones, tablets, notebooks, wearables, and more.
According to the information, Huawei is also running offers and massive discounts for people who’ll visit the store from January 31 to February 4th, 2023.
Eric Yang, chairman and CEO of Huawei Tech Investment Saudi Arabia, said the new store in Jeddah reflects Huawei’s willingness to expand its business in the kingdom as well as its continued commitment to this strategic market.
Huawei will build first digital robot for pharmaceutical industry
Huawei will build the industry’s first digital robot with China’s National Pharmaceutical Group, Sinopharm for the pharmaceutical industry. This is a brand new progress made by the Chinese tech maker to advance its growth in digital robot technologies.
In 2019, Sinopharm began to explore digital robot technology. Several subsidiaries have implemented more than 200 business processes. There are problems such as scattered business scenarios, the inability to share robot resources, and inconsistent business processes. In order to solve some problems in the early testing, open up resource sharing, unify and optimize business processes, and realize the digitalization of deep integration of operations and business.
In 2022, Sinopharm joined hands with Huawei’s digital robot team and Huawei partners. This partnership focuses on key points such as customers, data, and business elements, sorted out the business process, and planned and built the first digital robot competence center platform in the domestic pharmaceutical industry.
Relying on the large-scale application capabilities of Huawei’s WeAutomate digital robots and mature product capabilities, Sinopharm has built a digital robot capability center platform that can meet the automation application needs of thousands of subsidiaries of the group.
After the launch, all subsidiaries of Sinopharm Holdings can share common tech in business processes, and share digital robot resources in a unified and intensive manner. In addition, the Sinopharm Digital Robotics Competence Center can fully support the group’s common situations and the personalized scenarios of the branch companies.
The common scene process is uniformly constructed by the headquarters and can be used by all branch companies. On the other hand, the custom scene process is customized and shared by the branch companies.
In the future, Huawei’s WeAutomate digital robot will continue to provide technological advantages and help Sinopharm to promote more general scenarios of digital robots to all sub-companies. On the basis of realizing the sharing of digital robot resources, it will simultaneously leverage the innovation capabilities of branch companies to meet business needs.
The process of implementing Huawei’s digital robots is also a process of normalizing and standardizing the general scenarios of branch companies, which promotes the optimization and unification of Sinopharm’s business processes. After the launch of the Sinopharm Digital Robotics Competence Center, the efficiency of the online robot business scenarios can be increased by up to 25 times, and the average efficiency can be increased by more than 10 times, effectively releasing digital momentum.
Sinopharm Holdings Co., Ltd. was established in Shanghai in January 2003 and listed in Hong Kong in September 2009. It includes two A-share listed companies, Sinopharm Group Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. and Sinopharm Accord Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., with a total of more than a thousand subsidiaries.
Now it has become a leading distributor and retailer of pharmaceuticals, healthcare products, and medical devices in China, as well as a leading supply chain service provider. Sinopharm ranks 22nd among Fortune China’s Top 500 in 2021.
Huawei Kirin and HarmonyOS appears in Chinese study syllabus
According to the inputs coming from Weibo, Huawei Kirin, HarmonyOS operating system and other self-developed Huawei technologies appeared in the study test syllabus question book.
A picture shared online shows questions that have carried out an inventory of the product names of China’s most influential technology companies. And said that these product names are very distinctive, including the mobile chipset “Kirin”, the operating system “HarmonyOS”, the server chip “Kunpeng” and more.
The latest appearance of these popular technologies is the result of the people behind the development that put countless hours to bring them into reality.