Huawei has recently updated the Huawei Mobile Services (HMS) Core 5.0 app update for the smartphones. Now the company has officially released the HMS Core 5.0 suite for global developers.
Huawei has launched new developer kits and services in seven new categories. These new kits will provide more capabilities to develop new options in the apps made with HMS Core, covering the followings sections:
- App Services
- Smart Device
New Developer Kits:
- Accelerate Kit: Heterogeneous, multi-core hardware addresses performance issues, making your apps run faster and more efficiently.
- Computer Graphics Kit: This kit provides a powerful rendering framework and graphics rendering components and gives you access to cutting-edge tech combining computer graphics, computer vision, and deep learning.
- Scene Kit: A 3D graphics rendering engine performs more with less. User-friendly rendering APIs for games, AR & VR apps, and other apps bring your users a stunning visual experience.
- Audio Kit: This kit focuses on audio playback, audio effects, and audio data, empowering you to create an enriching and immersive audio environment.
- Image Kit: Scenario-specific animations and image editing empower you to produce efficient, effective content.
- Video Kit: Today’s users interact with videos to an unprecedented degree. Smoother HD video playback, bolstered by wide-ranging control options, raises the ceiling for your app and makes it more appealing.
- hQUIC Kit: Huawei’s intelligent congestion control algorithms and QUIC support connect your apps faster, resist to packet loss, and boost throughput.
Related APIs and documents are now live on the official Huawei developer website.
According to the previous data related to HMS Core, the HMS Core developer system is growing at a fast pace around the globe and as of March 2020, the global Monthly Active Users (MAU) reached 650 million, with an increase of 25% year-on-year (YoY).
Registered global developers grew up to 1.4 million, an increase of over 115% on year. While the number of uploaded apps featuring HMS Core increased over 60,000 YoY.
Huawei grabs first place among 100 advanced computing companies in China
Huawei grabs first place on the 2021 China Advanced Computing Enterprise Competitiveness Research Report and Top 100 List. Information reveals that the 2021 World Computing Conference concluded on September 31st under the theme “Calculating Future of All Things”.
At the event, China’s largest consulting firm CCID announced Huawei as the most advanced computing firm in China. The company fought for this place against the native companies with advanced computing technology, computing infrastructure, and computing services.
Computing Enterprise Competitiveness Research Report:
The report selects the company according to its hardware, core components, software, infrastructure, and services. In this line, about 300 plus leading companies have undergone a thorough analysis. It was based on their operating earnings, revenue growth rate, research and development capabilities, and progression.
The report describes that advanced computing is a general term for the company that is continually establishing new milestones with its computing capabilities. A development in computing industries will be presented by their computing power, algorithm, and calculation.
Advanced Computing will be the next trend in Industry:
According to CCID, while implementing the “14th Five-Year Plan” period, China will be one of the main suppliers of computing technologies ib the global market. . To date, many concepts such as E-level computing, intelligent computing, brain-like computing, and quantum computing are Industry’s main focus.
Huawei’s Advanced Computing Technology and Products:
Huawei holds advanced technology such as Kunpeng + Shengteng as the core and openEuler and openGauss as the basic software. Furthermore, it has 24 ecological innovation centers, over 9,600 solutions, and 700,000 plus developers in collaboration with more than 3,500 partners.
- Huawei Kunpeng Computing: launch in 2019, it provides full-stack capabilities to the industry based on basic hardware and software amenities. In 2020, Huawei launch the Kunpeng computing industry development white paper alongside eight Kunpeng solutions.
- Huawei AI Computing: MindSpore and MindX are one of its open-source ascend applications that require a few line code to implement. More than 360,000 developers and 100 academics are jointly working on it creating over 600 industry solutions.
At present, this Chinese tech giant holds a total of 1,493 Chinese patents related to computing technologies. Among them, 775 patents are approved by the Chinese Intellectual Property Database, meanwhile 315 patents by the European and US authorities.
Besides, it has over 120 industrial cloud innovation centers, 300 technology ecosystem partners, and 17,000 associated partners. Overall, Huawei has provided diversified computing power support for thousands of industries and will continue to keep the flow.
Google abused Android operating system position: Indian Antitrust Probe
Google is getting molded into anti trust probes around the globe. In the latest edition, India’s Antitrust Authority found that Google has abused the Android operating system’s top position in the country to curb its competitor in different ways.
Competition Commission of India (CCI) began this probe in 2019 and after the two-year timespan, the CCI found that Google reduced “the ability and incentive of device manufacturers to develop and sell device operating system on an alternative version of Android”.
In response to this probe, Google told Reuters that it’s complying with CCI and moving to prove the Android approach towards bringing more competition and innovation in the country.
However, it’s not the first anti trust probe against the U.S. tech maker. Recently, South Korea slapped Google with 176 million USD (207 billion Korean won) and abused Android by blocking its customization. Korean Fair Trade Commission (KFTC) said Google’s contract terms with device makers amounted to an abuse of its dominant market position that restricted competition in the mobile market.
A CCI member revealed this report is under review and Google will get another chance to defend its replies against the abuse of the Android operating system’s top position in the Indian market.
To be mentioned, around 62 tech top firms including Microsoft, Amazon, Apple, as well as smartphone makers – Samsung and Xiaomi participated in the CCI’s probe on Google.
Top Position led to Abuse:
According to a counterpoint research report, Android boots 98% of India’s 520 million smartphones. This is quite a big number to judge the expansion of Android in the Indian market.
The report reveals that Google has misused its market position to indirectly stop smartphone makers from installing an alternative of the Android mobile operating system and forced them to install Google App out of the box.
The probe has detailed 750 pages, showing Google’s strict policy of ‘mandatory pre-installation of Android apps, which is a direct violation of India’s completion law.
Play Store policies were “one-sided, ambiguous, vague, biased and arbitrary”, while Android has been “enjoying its dominant position” in licensable operating systems for smartphones and tablets since 2011, the report says.
There are more chapters that are left to unfold, and we’ll keep you posted on this story.
Huawei AI computing center solution won Global Smart Expo Gold Award
On 16th September, Huawei AI computing center solution won the Global AI Product Application Expo Product Gold Award. This product is selected for its excellent artificial intelligence computing capabilities and industry ability.
Huawei’s AI computing center mainly focused on urban infrastructure AI computing. It offers scientific research, digital economy, atlas series hardware, CANN computing architecture, and AI framework MindSpore. Besides, it works on the combined capabilities of MindX and ModelArts.
Huawei AI Computing Center Solution:
Huawei has built IRS public computing power service platform in Yanta District. It has strengthened the AI ecological innovation and sprouting new industries simultaneously. This single-center mainly works on four platforms that include-
- Application Innovation Incubation Platform
- Industry Aggregation Development Platform
- Scientific Research Innovation Platform
- Talent Training Platform
Furthermore, the company’s AI computing center is actively deploying in more than 20 cities in Mainland. In particular, the Wuhan center has been associated with over 40 businesses, 4 academies, and various research organizations. Plus, its main projects include-
- Xi’an Future Artificial Intelligence Computing Center
- Northwestern Polytechnical University’s Voice Model Project
- MindSpore Research Office
About AI and Big Data Expo:
The AI and Big Data Expo are one of the biggest artificial intelligence and big data-based conferences and displays. Each year, it elected high-tech solutions and technologies across the world. It provides a single platform for brands, market leaders, AI & Big Data evangelists, and start-ups to jointly explore and discuss the leading technologies.