January 30, 2020:
Huawei India clarifies specific reasons for not providing EMUI 10 for specific devices.
“We would like to inform you that the updates for the device have been stopped due to hardware specifications as the motherboard cannot take more updates hence it is a risk for rolling the updates which may harm your device. We appreciate your understanding and patience.”
We’ll wait for more official confirmation on this matter as the rollout for EMUI 10 goes wide for older devices.
January 15, 2020:
Recently we’ve gathered some of the replies regarding the EMUI 10 eligibility for some of the Huawei and Honor smartphones mentioned below.
- Honor Play
- Honor 9
- Honor 9 Lite
- Honor 8X Max
- Huawei Y9 2019
- Huawei Nova 3
- Huawei Nova 3i
- Huawei P20 Lite
Honor Play comes at the top of this list because it’s equipped with high-end specs including flagship processor Kirin 970 but didn’t make it to the EMUI 10. Check below what Honor has to say about it.
“We understand your interest in EMUI upgrade. Please be informed that we have roll-out our EMUI upgrade plan for all the devices. For Honor Play we will continue to provide regular security updates and necessary update enhancing devices to perform at optimum level. For more details kindly stay tuned to our official pages. We appreciate your cooperation, understanding, and patience” Honor India.
On the other hand, the UK remains optimistic and gave the following replies.
Reply 1: “The release dates for some devices is still to be determined. However, for all the other devices, it should be released around the end of March.” Honor UK.
Reply 2: “is looking like a March release for EMUI 10 for Honor, but we are still waiting for the dates/ devices to be confirmed” Honor UK.
For other smartphones, Huawei has clearly denied their eligibility for Android 10.
Honor 8X Max, Honor 9 and 9 Lite:
“We regret to inform you that EMUI 10.0 / Android 10 will not be available for Honor 9 devices due to hardware limitations as it requires higher hardware specifications for optimal performance. We appreciate your understanding and patience” Honor.
Huawei Nova 3, Nova 3i, Y9 2019 and P20 Lite:
Huawei Nova 3, Huawei Nova 3i, Huawei Y9 2019 and Huawei P20 Lite gets the same denial:
“We regret to inform you that EMUI 10.0 / Android 10 will not be available for your device due to hardware limitations as it requires higher hardware specifications for optimal performance“ Huawei.
Note: We’ll keep looking for more information as we receive new inputs.
Question: What do you think of these replies and which devices do you have that didn’t receive the EMUI 10? Let us know in the comments.
Huawei devices that should receive EMUI 12 [List]
In the past few months, Huawei has ramped up efforts and expanded the reach of the EMUI 12 software updates in the global market. This update comes with new features that enhance your user experience and makes your way towards the latest functionalities.
However, there are some Huawei phones that remained untouched by EMUI 12 and should receive this EMUI upgrade. These consumers have asked us why they aren’t receiving the new EMUI 12 software. However, Huawei has currently not confirmed additional devices outside of the EMUI 12 roadmap to get EMUI 12 software updates.
It’s also uncertain whether the Chinese tech maker will add new devices in the EMUI 12 eligible model campaign. Still, we cannot confirm or deny any possibility of this happening.
Below you can see the list of Huawei devices that should receive EMUI 12 onboard:
- Huawei Y9 2019
- Huawei P10 series
- Huawei Mate 9 series
- Huawei Nova 3
- Huawei Nova 3e
EMUI 12 comes with various new features including the new control panel, and notification panel, as well as a better user interface that takes you to the next level of the EMUI ecosystem. There is some core functionality of HarmonyOS such as smart device management that has been added to this software so that you can add and manage all of your smart devices such as a smartwatch, smart TV, tablet as well as FreeBuds directly from your smartphone.
Huawei has released EMUI 12 improved task handling performance and better power management to save battery. There is also an increased security feature that has been added to safeguard your data.
As of now, Huawei has installed the EMUI 12 software update on various Huawei devices including Huawei Mate 40 Pro, Mate 30 Pro, P40, P40 Pro, P40 Pro+, P30 series, Mate 20 series, and P40 Lite, Nova 7i, and other smartphones. However, more devices are still under beta testing to get the new features tested and will soon be running stable EMUI 12.
Huawei EMUI May 2022 Updates List
Huawei has started unfolding new EMUI-based firmware updates with the onset of May 2022. Apart from the major updates, the company is also sending off the latest security patches to mend the internal defects. For this moment, the April 2022 security update is taking place on the surface.
In the long run of new software updates, the April 2022 security patch has been a standard solution for bugs and issues. It came up to the market with the capability of resolving 19 major defects as well as 9 middle-sized vulnerabilities of the devices.
Not only improvement and fixes but the security update served as an aid for the core mechanism of the handsets. It made the inner structure of the device more firm and reliable. Thus, users find a more responsive and coherent system after the update.
At present, it seems like the Chinese manufacturer has started initiating the May update. Though, the company has not released any security patch entitled “May 2022” up to this point. But, the recently appeared May optimizations patch hints that we might grab the fresh security patch soon.
As usual, Huawei EMUI users will obtain the new firmware updates either via OTA or by searching it manually on the device. To make it easier, we are here with this article that will showcase the report of daily new updates for EMUI gadgets.
Huawei EMUI May 2022 Updates:
May 19, 2022
- Huawei P30 Pro smartphone is getting May 2022 security update that comes with new patches to fix system security issues and brings your P30 Pro a better user experience.
May 18, 2022
- Huawei Nova 7i consumers are receiving an April 2022 security update with EMUI version 22.214.171.124 and an update package size of 255 megabytes.
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro became the first Huawei smartphone to get May 2022 security update running EMUI 12 software system. This update is currently in the initial stage of rollout.
- Huawei Nova 7 5G smartphone users are getting a new software update with April 2022 EMUI security patch and consumers can get this update with firmware version 126.96.36.199 and a package size of 233 megabytes.
- Huawei Nova 9 consumers can download February 2022 update in the global market.
May 17, 2022
- Huawei P30 Pro is receiving the EMUI 12 Ringtone patch in more markets, this update is rolling out in batches that come with fixes for the calling ringtone issue.
- April 2022 update is rolling out for the Huawei Y7a smartphone with EMUI 10.1 version 10.1.1.246 in the global market.
- Huawei P30 Lite users globally getting a new software update that installs April 2022 EMUI security patch for improved system security.
May 12, 2022
- Huawei Nova 8i smartphone has begun collecting the April 2022 security update running on EMUI 11 software version. Read more
May 12, 2022
- Huawei Nova 7 5G smartphone owners began collecting the April 2022 software update in the global market. Read more
May 10, 2022
- The March 2022 update for the Huawei Nova 7i smartphone running on EMUI 12 boosted system security by fixing vulnerabilities found in the latest software system. Read more
May 09, 2022
- Huawei has just released an April 2022 software update for the flagship Huawei P50 Pro smartphone running EMUI 12 version. Read more
- Huawei Mate Xs foldable smartphone running on EMUI 12 has begun collecting the April 2022 firmware update in the global market. Read more
- Honor Play 4T has started receiving the April 2022 security patch, which mainly boosted the system security and stability of the smartphone. Read more
- Huawei is sending the April 2022 update for Honor Play 3 smartphone, which mainly installs the security improvements. Read more
May 06, 2022
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro April 2022 update is expanding with EMUI 12 version number 188.8.131.52 and weighs around 300MB. Read more
May 04, 2022
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro has started receiving a new firmware update that brings April 2022 security patch that enhances system security. Read more
May 03, 2022
- Huawei is now expanding the reach of its firmware update to Huawei Mate 20 X models, which includes the patch for the Ringtone issue. Read more
May 02, 2022
- The flip-style smartphone Huawei P50 Pocket is grabbing the latest March 2022 security update on the board of the EMUI 12 system.
- Huawei is expanding the EMUI 12 update for Huawei P30 Pro users in Mexico. The update appears with a bunch of new additions and improvements.
- Huawei P40 Pro obtains EMUI 12 May 2022 system optimizations patch. As the name reveals, the patch fixes the minor bugs and issues of the device.
Huawei P30 Pro (EMUI 12) getting May 2022 update
The Huawei P30 Pro May 2022 update improves system security and optimizes your phone’s user experience. Therefore, it’s recommended for you install this software update as soon as it appears on your device.
It’s quite good to see that Huawei is sending the latest security patch for such an important flagship. So, we could expect more optimizations coming toward Huawei P30 Pro in the future.
The latest Huawei P30 Pro in the global market comes with EMUI 12 version – 184.108.40.206 and 225 megabytes of package size. The software update could be downloaded via the Settings menu and on the other way, you can download it through the My Huawei app.
Thanks to the tipster – Bonta for this amazing tip
Installed EMUI 12?
If you haven’t already, we suggest you install EMUI 12 on your Huawei P30 and P30 Pro smartphone. Since, there is a various new functionality that will increase your user experience featuring the new control panel, brand new animations, and better performance as compared to EMUI 11.
To recall, Huawei has previously released a new software patch for Huawei P30 devices that contains fixes for issues where the ringtone settings for incoming calls would not take effect in certain scenarios.
In the Chinese market, Huawei has updated P30 devices with the latest HarmonyOS security patch.
Huawei P30 Pro:
Huawei P30 Pro equips a 6.47-inch display with an OLED panel and FHD+ resolution (2340 x 1080 pixels) resolution. The phone is water, splash, and dust resistant to safeguard your device in different conditions.
The P30 Pro is powered by Kirin 980 processor with octa-core architecture – 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.6GHz+ 2
x Cortex-A76 Based 1.92GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.8GHz as well as dual NPUs for fastest AI processing.
Don’t forget that the Huawei P30 Pro boasts a Leica quad-camera including 40 MP (Wide Angle Lens, f/1.6 aperture, OIS) + 20 MP (Ultra Wide Angle Lens, f/2.2 aperture) + 8 MP (Telephoto, f/3.4 aperture, OIS) and Time-of-Flight(TOF) Camera. There’s a 32MP camera on the front to take high-quality selfies in various scenarios.