Huawei has developed EMUI 10 based on distributed technology applications to provide an all-scenario experience such as audio and video call in any situation, business tasks across devices and smart vehicle-mounted devices.
Under the same strategy, one-time development for multi-device deployment can reduce costs, improve efficiency, and provide users with an all-scenario, smart experience.
Along with new features, Huawei has also made changes and improvements in the UX of EMUI 10 and updates to its UI design bringing new smooth operation for smoother user experience.
According to Huawei, the EMUI has now reached more than 500 million daily active users in 216 countries and regions and supports 77 languages.
This enables on-screen content to be seamlessly curated into an attractive and engaging design style, similar to a magazine. This feature also applies to our user interface design.
Celebrated artist Giorgio Morandi is best known for his subtle and sophisticated pastel color palettes. It is this style and color scheme that has inspired the new colors in EMUI 10. The result is rich color textures, bringing out a sense of space and layering and producing an elegant, high-quality color experience, perfectly designed for the screen.
In the Huawei Ambient Light Lab, we simulate four different light intensities, track eye movement data, study long-term comfort, and how image and text contrast ratios can impact reading comfort. Based on the results of these studies, we’ve designed a new type of Dark Mode, with an
intent to ensure optimum comfort and complete enjoyment. With Huawei, changing from normal mode to dark mode is more than simply reversing the colors. Instead, we optimize the colors of text, images and on-screen icons to provide the best experience in a variety of different light levels and environments.
Only animation fitting with user’s psychological expectations can give users smooth gaming experience. In this animation design, Huawei has taken the concept of unifying “Hand, Eye and Heart”. The animation will provide instant feedback to your hand on the phone, your “eye” a smooth movement and the response time that fits with the user’s expectation in “heart”. These can be experienced especially on the actions of clicking, shifting and return.
The revolutionary new file system, EROFS (Extendable Read-Only File System) offers improved disk performance and speed and at the same time helps in saving the disk space. It can increase the random read speed by 20% up to 63.3MB/s, while also saving more than 2GB of system storage. The new file system will also ensure a higher response rate when it comes to reading files such as documents, music or videos. It will also help while launching a large app including a game; the startup speed will be faster and takes less time.
The GPU 3.0 feature energizes gaming performance without exorbitantly snacking on the battery. The benefits include a smooth and seamless experience and improved battery performance while gaming. It cuts down on SoC power consumption by 10% and optimizes the performance of the underlying system to provide a seamless gaming experience. Besides faster touch response and lower energy consumption, GPU Turbo reduces frame drops and results in a higher average frame rate compared to when the feature is switched off.
Security: Distributed security, build a distributed full-scenario security system to ensure that the right people, on the right equipment, use the right information.
Hardware Compatibility – Mutual Sharing: The hardware capability mutual aid sharing virtualizes the hardware capabilities (display, camera, microphone, and speaker) of different devices, and puts them into the hardware capability resource pool to supply and use. The capabilities of each device are mutually shared and shared with each other.
One-Touch Screen Sharing: For the application, it is like running on the same devices. That is to say, if you have a video on your mobile phone and use a distributed capability to talk, users can use the phone, speaker or smart screen to talk, the speaker can make the sound bigger, and the smart screen is to enlarge the video picture.
Multi-Screen Collaboration: All peripherals of mobile phones and PCs can be used interchangeably. The peripherals such as mouse/keyboard can be used to control mobile phones. Mobile phones and PC applications support seamless collaboration, but third-party applications are required.
Huawei HiCar: Huawei HiCar can be linked to the car, mobile phone, and watch. You can enjoy the application (such as music, navigation, etc.) on the mobile phone on the screen of the car.
You can also use the car camera to share the scenery along the way with your family video, and you can check the status of the car in real-time on the mobile phone, or turn on the air conditioning in the car in advance. Your car can only be controlled by you
Also, it can be calculated whether the driver is fatigued or not, and the personal data is not left in the car. It has already supported 30+ depots and more than 120 models.
Moreover, The EMUI 10 also features GPU Turbo, Link Turbo, Super File System (EROFS), and Ark Compiler.
Huawei P40 Series Software Updates [January 17, 2022]
In March 2020, Huawei introduced its new P series flagship – Huawei P40, consisting of Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro Plus. Additionally, this phone series also has a lite version.
These phones (except P40 lite) come with a new overflow display with a punch hole to the house selfie camera, Kirin 990 5G chipsets, a new design including triple, quad, and Penta camera systems.
Huawei P40 series are the first smartphones to come with EMUI 10.1 (Android 10) out of the box and users can upgrade it to EMUI 11. In the meantime, Huawei has opened the enrollment of Huawei P40 and P40 Pro smartphones for the HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta program.
To improve this flagship, Huawei every month sends software updates to improve this lineup, and once a year, the phone receives OS updates. In this article, you can capture all of the Huawei P40 series software updates, changes, improvements, made to its firmware.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
LATEST UPDATES: CHANGELOGS AND VERSION TIMELINE
January 11, 2022:
- Huawei P40 Lite E (EMUI 10.1) receiving December 2021 security update. Know more
January 8, 2022:
- Breaking: Stable EMUI 12 update rollout begins for Huawei P40 series. Know more
January 7, 2022:
- Huawei P40 Lite (EMUI 10.1) is receiving December 2021 security update. Know more
December 30, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G (EMUI 10.1) gets November 2021 EMUI update. Know more
December 17, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G getting first EMUI 12 beta features upgrade know more.
December 14, 2021:
- First EMUI 12 beta update for Huawei P40 Lite rolling out know more.
December 13, 2021:
- Huawei P40 series December 2021 EMUI security update is now expanding in Europe know more.
December 9, 2021:
- EMUI 220.127.116.11 update for Huawei P40 series brings December 2021 security know more.
December 7, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite starts EMUI 12 beta recruitment [Global]
December 4, 2021:
- EMUI 12 beta test started for Huawei P40 Lite 5G know more.
December 3, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G gets October 2021 security, EMUI 12 beta about to start know more.
December 1, 2021:
- Huawei P40 series installs December 2021 security patch via new update [CN]
November 30, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite (EMUI 10.1) getting November 2021 security update
November 22, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite E (EMUI 10.1) getting October 2021 security update
November 17, 2021:
- Huawei P40 series installing November 2021 security update [China]
November 11, 2021:
- Huawei P40 (EMUI 11) gets October update, EMUI 12 Beta opens up
November 4, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite gets October 2021 update, EMUI 12?
October 19, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Series October 2021 update adds battery improvements and more [HarmonyOS]
October 1, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite September 2021 update rolling out in Europe know more.
September 29, 2021:
- Huawei P40 September 2021 security patch rolling [Global]
September 25, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite is receiving September 2021 update know more.
September 12, 2021:
- Home screen icon size customization feature rolling out for Huawei P40 (CN)
September 8, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G July 2021 security update dispatched know more.
September 7, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite (EMUI 10.1) getting July 2021 update.
September 2, 2021:
- September 2021 update for Huawei P40 and Mate 30 fixes app bug and install new security [CN]
August 30, 2021:
- Huawei P40 series global users receiving July 2021 security update, major rollout awaited know more.
August 16, 2021:
- Huawei P40 lite and P40 Lite 5G gets new update, the Chinese version has HarmonyOS know more.
August 9, 2021:
- Huawei P40 and Mate 40 Pro (EMUI) getting June security [Europe]
August 2, 2021:
- Huawei P40 series (EMUI 11) getting June 2021 security update [Global]
July 23, 2021:
- New Huawei P40 series battery optimization rolling out (HM OS 2)
- HM OS 2 update released for all Huawei P40 models [CN]
July 10, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G (EMUI 10.1) grabbing May 2021 security improvements know more.
- New app, system and security improvements released for Huawei P40 Lite (EMUI 10.1)
July 9, 2021:
- May 2021 security update expanding for Huawei P40 series smartphones know more.
June 29, 2021:
- Huawei P40 smartphones began receiving May 2021 security improvement [Europe]
June 22, 2021:
- Battery life and Wi-Fi improvements rolling out for Huawei P40, Mate 40 and Mate X2 HarmonyOS 2 testers know more.
June 15, 2021:
- Latest update brings April 2021 security patch for Huawei P40 Lite smartphone know more.
June 12, 2021:
- April 2021 security update expanding for Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro Plus in Europe know more.
June 9, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G smartphone starts getting April 2021 security improvements to know more.
June 2, 2021:
- Global users of the Huawei P40 series receiving April security, while waiting for HarmonyOS begins to know more.
May 28, 2021:
- Huawei P40, P40 Pro and P40 Pro Plus getting Bluetooth connectivity, security and other important optimizations know more.
May 20, 2021:
- March 2021 security update rolling out for Huawei P40 Lite smartphone know more.
May 1, 2021:
- March 2021 security update rolling out for Huawei P40 Lite 5G smartphone know more.
April 26, 2021:
- March 2021 security and MeeTime optimization rolling out for Huawei P40 Pro in Europe know more.
April 21, 2021:
- March 2021 security update rolling out for Huawei P40 lineup smartphones know more.
April 20, 2021:
- March 2021 security update expanding for Huawei P40 and P40 Pro in Europe know more.
April 16, 2021:
- Huawei P40 lite 5G starts grabbing February 2021 security improvements know more.
April 12, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Pro getting March 2021 security improvement via new update know more.
March 27, 2021:
- Display, January and February 2021 updates rolling out for Huawei P40 Lite users know more.
March 26, 2021:
- February 2021 security updates rolling out for Huawei P40 Pro and Mate 30 Pro on EMUI 11 [Global Model]
March 24, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite getting a new software update with February 2021 security patch know more.
March 18, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite on EMUI 10.1 receiving new security improvements know more.
March 15, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G on EMUI 10.1 getting a new software with security improvements know more.
March 1, 2021:
- Huawei P40 smartphones on EMUI 11 receiving a new software update with security improvements know more.
February 26, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G on EMUI 10.1 getting a new software update with display, system, and security improvements know more.
February 10, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite received December 2020 security update, no confirmation about EMUI 11 know more.
January 26, 2021
- Huawei P40, P40 Pro, P40 Pro+ users in Europe getting December security update know more.
January 9, 2021:
- Amid doubts on EMUI 11 eligibility, Huawei P40 Lite users grab a new security patch know more.
December 25, 2020:
- New Flash File Transfer feature update rolling out for Huawei P40 know more.
- Breaking: First HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta rolling for Huawei P40 and Mate 30 devices know more.
December 24, 2020:
EMUI 10.1.1.208 update released for Huawei P40 Lite 5G users with November 2020 security update that fixes 3 critical and 15 high levels of CVE’s for system security enhancement.
December 18, 2020:
EMUI 18.104.22.168 stable EMUI 11 version released for Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro+, which comes with EMUI 11 features including always-on display (AOD), multiwindow mode, smoother animations, subtle effect, super notepad, and more. (Europe)
December 16, 2020:
Huawei has released the HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta version and starts recruiting Huawei P40 and P40 Pro smartphones for HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta program.
December 9, 2020:
EMUI 22.214.171.124 version released for Huawei P40 series users with optimizations for system stability and smart screen.
November 30, 2020:
EMUI 10.1.1.203 software update for Huawei P40 Lite 5G getting October 2020 security update, which improves system security.
November 28, 2020:
EMUI 126.96.36.199 update for Huawei P40 series beta tester, which brings Starry Night themes, AI air control, and improves the smart multi-window for user experience enhancement.
EMUI 10.1.0.248 version rolling out for Huawei P40 Lite users that brings the October 2020 security patch, which fixes the different levels of exploits and issues.
November 10, 2020:
EMUI 188.8.131.52 stable EMUI 11 version released for Huawei P40 series users on EMUI 10.1.0.162 and beta tester on EMUI 184.108.40.206. This update brings the new EMUI 11 features to provide a better user experience.
November 5, 2020:
EMUI 10.1.1.197 version pushed for Huawei P40 Lite 5G getting September 2020 security update that improves system security.
November 3, 2020:
EMUI 10.1.0.182 update released for Huawei P40 series in Europe with October 2020 security update for system security improvements.
October 29, 2020:
EMUI 220.127.116.11 public beta version kicked off for Huawei P40 series that enhances the video editing function, optimize Bluetooth experience, system stability as well as installed the October 2020 security patch.
October 27, 2020:
EMUI 10.1.0.162 update for Huawei P40 series, which comes October 2020 security patch that fixes the different level of exploits and issues to enhance the system security.
October 15, 2020:
EMUI 18.104.22.168 first beta update released for Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro+ in Romania and France. Users of these devices now eligible to get the latest features including new always-on display themes, improved multi-window mode, new animation effect, and more important features.
September 29, 2020:
Huawei has begun to recruit new users to test EMUI 11 beta in the UK for Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro+. These devices owners can now enroll for EMUI 11 project.
September 28, 2020:
EMUI 22.214.171.124 second beta version rolling out for Huawei P40 series, which improves multi-window, notepad and optimizes vibration feedback.
September 20, 2020:
Huawei has started to recruit Huawei P40, P40 Pro, P40 Pro+, and Mate 30 Pro users for the EMUI 11 beta testing in Russia. Giving these users an opportunity to test the new features of EMUI 11 ahead of public release.
September 18, 2020:
EMUI 10.1.0.236 version pushed for Huawei P40 lite users that install August 2020 security patch for better system security and added Petal search box to the home screen.
September 10, 2020:
EMUI 126.96.36.199 first beta update released for Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro+. This first EMUI 11 beta build brings new smart Always on Display, improved multi-window mode, smoother animations, better multi-screen collaboration, and more
August 31, 2020: Huawei P40 series receiving August EMUI security in the UK
August 18, 2020: August 2020 security update starts to roll out for Hauwei P40 series
Huawei Nova 5T EMUI 12 update changelog
Huawei global consumers are waiting for their turn to test the brand new EMUI 12 software. Meanwhile, Huawei has begun the EMUI 12 beta testing program for popular smartphones including flagship devices.
In terms of popularity, the first choice is Huawei Nova 5T alongside flagships smartphones. Last November, Huawei confirmes the Nova 5T eligibility for EMUI 12 software system. Since then, Huawei Nova 5T is under EMUI 12 beta testing and receiving beta build via OTA update.
One thing to be noted, Huawei Nova 5T EMUI 12 beta is only available to users, who have participated in EMUI 12 beta testing through the Huawei Beta app. Meanwhile, the corresponding device users have to wait a bit longer to install the EMUI 12.
Coming to Huawei Nova 5T EMUI 12 changelog, brings features that will provide you with a new user experience thanks to the environment that is inspired by HarmonyOS operating system. The set of offerings consists of a fresh user interface that has a separate notification and control panel as well as functionalities such as new fonts.
More interestingly, EMUI 12 also has a multi-device file management system, Huawei Share as well as a cooperative authentication function between smartphones and laptops. To know more about the EMUI 12 beta features, check the full changelog below and explore the details.
Huawei Nova 5T EMUI 12 Changelog:
- Supports more flexible font adjustment, in which you can adjust the font size and width with a slider.
- Applies the concept of neuromorphic to UI elements. Simple colors, tones, shadows, and highlights are used to achieve a more realistic effect.
- Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make the apps within them easier to access.
Notification Panel and Control Panel:
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the Notifications panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel for shortcuts.
- Adds an audio control area to the control panel to make it easy to switch between different audio devices and apps. Allows you to quickly activate cross-screen cooperation by tapping symbols for Huawei laptops and tablets in the “Device +” area of the control panel.
- Adds a cooperative authentication function between cellphones and laptops, which allows you to unlock your phone by entering the screen unlock password for the phone on Huawei laptop when the phone and laptop are connected through cross-screen cooperation are.
Multi-device file management:
- Supports access to documents or pictures on the phone via a laptop without connecting the two devices with a data cable.
- Improves the transfer speed of Huawei Share for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops
Have you received stable EMUI 12 on Huawei Mate 30 Pro?
Hey Huawei users! EMUI 12 stable rollout has finally started in the global market for flagship smartphones. Are you excited to grab it? Well, the company has released the stable EMUI 12 for Huawei Mate 30 Pro smartphone users.
Currently, the EMUI 12 major software update is in the initial stage of the rollout. So, it may take some to cover all the Huawei Mate 30 Pro devices in the global market. To be mentioned, stable EMUI 12 launched with a package size of around 1GB, so maintain sufficient storage before upgrading.
Speaking about the Huawei Mate 30 Pro, it belongs to the first of Huawei that launched with 5G capabilities. Not only this, but Huawei Mate 30 series was also the first to equip with Huawei Mobile Service (HMS) instead of Google Mobile Service (GMS).
In terms of software, Huawei Mate 30 Pro initially unveiled factory packed with EMUI 10 based on Android 10 and followed by EMUI 10.1 as well as EMUI 11 software versions. Now, Huawei Mate 30 Pro owner it’s time to enjoy EMUI 12 software version and its brand new features.
The EMUI 12 comes with a new user interface design that applies the concept of neuromorphic to UI elements, flexible fonts, smart folders for easier access, a notification panel, and a control panel for a better user experience.
In addition, it has a cooperative authentication function between smartphones and laptops, brings support to multi-device file management as well as improves the file transfer speed via Huawei Share and more.
So, Huawei Mate 30 Pro smartphone owners have you received a stable EMUI 12 software update? Please, let us know your answer via the Twitter poll linked below and also leave your thoughts in the comment section.
Huawei Mate 30 Pro Users! Have you installed EMUI 12?
— HC Newsroom (@HCNewsroom) January 15, 2022