Huawei’s self-developed operating system, HarmonyOS/Hongmeng OS is designed to deliver a user experience across all devices and scenarios, and the company has shared some fresh information regarding this new all scenario OS.
During a presentation at Huawei’s global flagship store in Shenzen, China, President of Huawei Consumer Business Software, Wang Chenglu said except Smartphones, Tablets, and Computers, Huawei will install the HarmonyOS on all of its devices and will also promote the OS in China and around the globe.
According to Wang, Huawei still prefers Android as its soulmate and HarmonyOS will be used only if the company cannot access Android. The software chief also said that HarmonyOS is constantly being improved and we could expect HarmonyOS to go open source by August 2020.
Currently, Huawei’s latest flagship Mate 30 series runs Android 10 but wasn’t certified with Google Mobile Services (GMS) due to the US trade ban. Since Huawei cannot use GMS, the company is using Huawei Mobile Services (HMS) as a replacement.
In recent developments, the US commerce department has granted permission to Microsoft to sell its products to the Chinese tech giant but there’s no such confirmation made for Google.
HarmonyOS was launched in August during the Huawei Developer Conference 2019 and made in device debut with the launch of Honor/Huawei Vision smart TVs and will be used in Smartwatches, In-vehicle systems, and Smart speakers. This device portfolio could expand in the future.
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 receiving HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 software update
Huawei is rolling out new optimizations for Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 tablet with HarmonyOS version 126.96.36.199 update in China. However, the company has already served December 2021 HarmonyOS security patch Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 last month.
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 changelog discloses that this update brings optimization for touch screen operations on your device. After the installation of the latest version, the overall touch screen experience will be enhanced.
Models getting update are:
- Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 WiFi Version (WGR-W09)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 WiFi Version (WGR-W19)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 (WGR-AN1)
To be mentioned, Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 users need the base HarmonyOS version 184.108.40.206 to upgrade over the latest HM OS 220.127.116.11 version. More information about the update instruction and notest is linked below.
Send us tips on the contacts mentioned below:
- Message us on Twitter
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 Last update detail:
In December 2021, Huawei released HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 software version that brought support for first-generation Huawei M-Pencil with global annotations and one-click extract. Also, it improved the multi-screen collaboration with the mobile phone. Furthermore, it installed the HarmonyOS security patch released in December 2021 for improved system security of the tablet.
Huawei MatePad Pro users can check and download the update manually by visiting the phone’s Settings, then tap on system & updates, open software updates, and from here select CHECK FOR UPDATES. If an update appears on your device, tap on the download and install option. Keep patience, while the update package is downloading.
On the other hand, users can also request the update through the My Huawei app. To do this, open the My Huawei app, go to update, and follow the on-screen instructions to upgrade over the latest HM OS version.
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 specs:
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 launched with a 5nm Kirin 9000 series chip and expands Height 184.7 mm x Width 286.5 mm x Thickness 6.7 mm. This tablet was packed with a HarmonyOS system, 8GB/12GB of RAM, 128GB/256GB/512GB internal storage, 10050mAh battery, and more.
December 2021 HarmonyOS update released for Huawei Enjoy 10
Huawei has dispatched a new HarmonyOS software update for the Huawei Enjoy 10 smartphone that mainly installs the December 2021 security patch. As it fixes different levels of exploits and issues as well as protects the device against threats.
According to the information, Huawei Enjoy 10 December 2021 update arrives with upgraded HarmonyOS version 22.214.171.124 from base version 126.96.36.199 in China. However, alongside security improvements, this update doesn’t bring any other changes made to the system.
The December 2021 HarmonyOS security patch fixes 1 CVE in framework, 2 CVEs in Kernel, 3 CVEs in the system, and 3 CVEs in applications. In addition to this, it also resolves 62 CVEs in the third-party libraries for better system security.
- Huawei Enjoy 10 (ART-AL00x)
- Huawei Enjoy 10 (ART-AL00m)
- Huawei Enjoy 10 (ART-TL00x)
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Speaking about the Huawei Enjoy 1o software system, this smartphone was initially debuted with EMUI 9.1 operating system based on Android 9. Following the launch, the company has not delivered any major software update ahead of HarmonyOS 2.0 rollout.
The clear shows that the HarmonyOS software system has capabilities to support old device systems, which is really impressive. Currently, HarmonyOS is limited to the Chinese market and soon launch for global consumers.
How to check for update:
Huawei Enjoy 10 smartphone users can check the update through phone settings or the My Huawei app. Both of these methods are mentioned below.
To update through Settings, go to Settings, tap on system & updates, tap on software updates, then check for updates. Wait for seconds, while the device is connecting to the server and checking for updates. Once an update appeared, tap on the download option and install it.
Alternatively, you can open the My Huawei app, go to update sections, tap on check for update and follow on-screen instructions to download and install the update.
Huawei users, we recommend you take a backup of your important data before updating to prevent from data. However, the update doesn’t erase your data but it’s good to take backup. Also, maintain enough storage and battery on your smartphone.
Huawei HarmonyOS January 2022 Updates List
Huawei has released the latest January 2022 HarmonyOS security patch details for its smartphone and tablet devices. However, the rollout of this new security update is about to start meanwhile the December 2021 update is on the move. So, Huawei will dispatch the HarmonyOS updates for a bunch of devices throughout January 2022.
Alongside the monthly update rollout, Huawei has also started preparing for the next major software update – HarmonyOS 3.0. According to the information, HarmonyOS 3.0 beta testing could begin in April and followed by a public beta phase. However, a stable HM 3.0 rollout is likely to start in July 2022.
A few days ago, Huawei has replied to us on the matter of HarmonyOS for global consumers that currently there is no plan for smartphones outside China to upgrade to HarmonyOS. Until then, Huawei users in the overseas markets can enjoy EMUI 12 that looks similar to HarmonyOS.
Amid these discussions, Huawei will continue the rollout of regular HarmonyOS software and security updates to its devices. Also, the company keeps dispatching the major software updates from time to time to improve its models.
With the HarmonyOS January 2022 updates list, we will keep updated with all the HarmonyOS security and software updates released for Huawei devices this month and brief you about them.
Huawei HarmonyOS January 2022 Updates:
January 10, 2022:
January 12, 2022:
- Huawei is rolling a new HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 SP5 software update for the flagship smartphone, Huawei P50 Pro in China. Read more
- Huawei MatePad 11 tablet users in Europe has started receiving the latest HarmonyOS security update released in the month of December 2021. Read more
January 11, 2022:
- Huawei has started sending the latest HarmonyOS 2.0 software update for the Nova 3i smartphone that comes with version 184.108.40.206 in China. Read more
January 10, 2022:
- Honor Tablet V6 is grabbing the December 2021 HarmonyOS security update that fixes several new bugs and vulnerabilities found in the latest software system. Read more
- Huawei is releasing a new EMUI software update for Huawei P Smart 2021 smartphone that mainly installs December 2021 security patch. Read more
January 8, 2022:
- Huawei is sending a new HarmonyOS update for Huawei Nova 2s users that brings the December 2021 security patch along with other optimizations and fixes. Read more
- Huawei is rolling out the first HarmonyOS software update for the Huawei P50 Pocket smartphone. Read more
- Huawei has started sending the latest HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 software update for the Huawei Mate X2 foldable smartphone. Read more
January 5, 2022:
- Huawei is rolling out the latest HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 software update for Huawei MatePad 10.4 tablet. Read more
- Huawei is started sending a new HarmonyOS software update for Huawei P50 Pro that comes with the latest version 22.214.171.124 SP5. Read more
- Huawei has started sending the latest December 2021 HarmonyOS software update for the MatePad 10.8 tablet. Read more
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 tablet users are installing the December 2021 HarmonyOS software update that brings system and security optimizations. Read more