Huawei’s first smart TV – Huawei Vision runs the self-developed HarmonyOS, and initially introduced in 65-inch display size. In addition, Huawei last month launched a 75-inch version, which now available to purchase in China.
Starting today (December 24) the Huawei Vision 75-inch goes on sale at the price tag of 12,999 CNY (1855 USD).
Huawei Vision sports 4K Quantum Dot Screen with a higher color gamut and refresh rate up to 120Hz. As, for the screen sizes, Huawei will initially offer 65-inch and 75-inch and planned 55-inch and 85-inch version later.
Huawei Vision is powered by self-developed intelligent chipsets including the Honghu 818 smart chip, runs on the company’s self-developed operating system – HarmonyOS/Hongmeng OS and works as an IoT control center, supporting more than 50 million HiLink smartphone products.
HarmonyOS Feature: App Guard – System Security
HarmonyOS comes with lots of new features including the latest App Guard, system security. This new addition allows you to safeguard your smartphone from unknown security threats from any apps that could harm your smartphone.
According to the information, apps on AppGallery are verified as safe, having passed rigorous security checks. Once the App Guard is enabled, the system will recommend that you download apps through Huawei AppGallery, whenever is possible, to protect your device and data from risky apps.
If you have this app enabled, you’ll get a warning regarding the app that you are proceeding to install.
How to enable HarmonyOS App Guard:
AppGuard is enabled by default but you can check it up from the system settings.
- Open Settings
- System & updates
- App Guard
Swipe down from the upper-right edge of the screen to display Control Panel, touch, select Edit switches, drag App Guard to the shortcut switches panel, and enable the feature.
When installing apps from sources other than Huawei AppGallery:
If the app is available in Huawei AppGallery, follow the onscreen instructions to install it via Huawei AppGallery or touch Install anyway to proceed to install it from the current source.
If the app is not available in AppGallery, you are not advised to install it. If you trust the app, you can follow the onscreen instructions to touch Install anyway and enter your password to complete the installation. If the system detects that the app involves uncontrollable risks, you will not be allowed to install the app.
App Guard is a system feature intended to ensure the security of apps and services. After App Guard is
enabled, you will be advised to download apps via Huawei AppGallery if possible, as all apps have
to undergo the following four-layer precautions before being released in AppGallery:
- Malicious behavior detection: To detect viruses, Trojan horses, worms, malicious fee deductions, and malicious data consumption.
- Security vulnerability scanning: To ensure component security, password input security, and command execution security.
- Privacy leakage check: To prevent authorization of unnecessary data access, personal data leakage, and lack of a privacy statement.
- Manual real-name authentication: To ensure security by performing the test on a real device with a real person in real scenarios.
Huawei P50 receiving new selfie and rear camera improvements
Huawei P50 is known for its monstrous camera system that includes two large camera rings consisting of different lenses with various new capabilities. The camera system is largely enhanced with features and provides you with high-quality images with large pixel counts. Therefore, the Huawei P50 camera continues to get new improvements with the latest updates.
In the latest edition, Huawei has started to push a new software update for the Huawei P50 that brings important optimizations for the rear and front camera systems. This new update comes with HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 and has an updated package size of 676MB.
According to the changelog, this new Huawei P50 camera update optimize
- Optimize the photo effects in scenes such as AI Master Photographer.
- Optimize the video shooting experience in some situations.
- Optimize system stability and the fluency of some scene operations.
- Optimize the vibration effect in some situations.
Last week, the Huawei P50 began receiving a new software update HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 upgrading from 22.214.171.124. This update brought two update packages including the following:
Update Package 1:
- Camera: Optimized AI photography photographic effect under masters such as the video shooting experience in some situations
- System: Optimize system stability, operational fluency, and vibration effect in some situations
Update Package 2:
- This update optimizes the audio effects of some situations.
Huawei P50 is designed with a 6.5-inch OLED display producing 2700 x 1224p resolution. Furthermore, it offers 1.07 billion colors, a 90Hz refresh rate, a 1440Hz high frame rate, and a 300Hz touch sampling rate.
Moving to the hardware, the system is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 888 processor shipped with the HarmonyOS 2.0.1. In addition, the smartphone features a 4100mAH battery that supports 66W SuperCharge. However, its main highlight is the camera design and proficiency. It 13MP selfie camera alongside a rear triple camera system that includes
- 50MP True Chroma Camera (Color, f/1.8 aperture)
- 13MP ultra-wide camera (f/2.2 aperture)
- 12MP telephoto (f/3.4 aperture, OIS) with AF support
(via – ithome)
HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 update rolling out for these three flagship phones
Three flagship Huawei smartphones have started to install the latest HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 update that contains a big changelog. Together with a huge update size, the update has brought a long list of new features and optimization that also can be found for many other devices of the company.
According to the info, Huawei Mate X2, Mate 40, and Huawei Mate 30 series are receiving a new HarmonyOS update with an installation size of about 1GB. The update log is the same for all three devices and granting them new features and optimizations.
In particular, the users will be getting a new discovery tab in the service center alongside the cross-device task management function for the task center. Moving ahead, the service widgets receiving a portrait clustering universal card in the devices’ gallery.
Meanwhile, there are new system optimizations to maintain the performance in the flagships. In addition, users can also find an added quick download icon for the Celia keyboard application besides a more enhanced smart voice recognition function.
Let’s explore more information about the update stating the adapting models-
- Huawei Mate X2 4G
- Huawei Mate X2 5G
- Huawei Mate 40
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro Plus
- Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 30 4G
- Huawei Mate 30 5G
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 4G
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G
- Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 30E Pro 5G
HarmonyOS version Upgrade:
- The Huawei Mate X2 and Mate 30 smartphone users are upgrading on HarmonyOs 184.108.40.206 update version from the 220.127.116.11 version.
- The Huawei Mate 40 smartphones are shifting on HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 update version from the 2.0.0168 except for Mate 40 Pro +, and Mate RS Porche Design.
- The Huawei Mate 40 Pro +, and Mate RS Porche Design users are receiving a greater HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 version
In the service center (swipe up from the edge of the left or bottom right corner of the screen to enter), add a scenario-based service combination on the “Discovery” tab, and add it to the desktop to automatically adapt to the universal card and one-click access to similar services
Added cross-device task management function, in the task center (swipe from the bottom of the screen to enter the short pause), you can view and use the historical tasks of the same WLAN network and Huawei ID device (requires support for the task center), and transfer tasks to each other Added.
for other management operations (universal cards for portrait clustering) (up-slide gallery application icon, can be added to the desktop), you can rotate the photos of the selected person, click on the avatar to change the person, click on the photo to jump to The clustering album of this character see more.
Added a quick download icon for Celia keyboard application (click to download and use), Celia keyboard can bring you a simple and safe input experience.
Optimize the smart voice function, wake up more sensitively Optimize
Caring for the elders, optimize basic experience such as touch, volume, etc., add desktop icon magnification function to optimize system power consumption in some situations.
This is really a big update, so the device must have at least a 50% battery backup with enough storage availability. Furthermore, a strong WiFi/mobile data connection is required for a buffer-free download of the package. The installation process may take some time, until then wait patiently. To download this update, follow the below mention procedure.
- Open your smartphone and go to Settings
- Now tap on the System & updates
- Then open Software Update
- From here select Check for updates
- If an update is available, it’ll pop up on your phone
- Click on Download and install
- Wait for the process to complete, and Restart your device