At Huawei Developer Conference 2020, Huawei unveiled HarmonyOS 2.0 version that supports new device platforms. On January 12 at a Sina 2020 Technology Billboard conference, Wang Chenglu, Software Chief at Huawei Consumer Business Software Department said that the company has aimed to install its operating system on 300 to 400 million devices in 2021.
Wang also replied to critics of HarmonyOS by saying that the HongmengOS is not a copy of Android or iOS. Wang mentioned that HarmonyOS (Hongmeng OS) has vast opportunities in the internet of everything era.
To make things clear, Wang also suggested the key difference between all three of the software systems – Huawei HarmonyOS’ vs Apple’ iOS vs Google’s Android. The comparison mainly shows us the scope of HarmonyOS in the industry, its advantages/disadvantages, as well as platform support.
HarmonyOS vs iOS vs Android
Hardware platform: In addition to the mobile phone, it can also be mounted on many IoT devices like TV, cars, smart home appliances
Growth Area: IoT devices have great potential
Advantages: Open source, fluency, and distributed capabilities
Disadvantages: Newborn system in growing age
Developers develop apps: One-time development, multi-end adaption capability
Hardware platform: Mobile phone
Growth area: limited
Developers develop apps: Individual adaptation
Hardware platform: Mobile phone
Growth area: limited
Advantages: Open source
Disadvantages: Fragmentation, stuttering
HarmonyOS mobile developer beta:
In December 2020, Huawei launched the Beta version of HarmonyOS 2.0 for developers in China. The company initially opened beta testing for Huawei P40, Mate 30, and MatePad Pro devices.
Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 system is the first distributed operating system that is built to provide a full-scenario ecosystem experience. It supports multi-screen collaboration features, fast network access, adaptive UX for different platforms, one-time deployment, and more.
HarmonyOS 3 beta 2 now available for Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 users
Through the new version of HarmonyOS 3 beta 2, your desktop is more personalized as the card stacking storage, the smart folder can be larger or small, and the smart desktop layout can be granted in a single tap.
Additionally, the super channel will be fully expanded and more flexible with certain devices. Alongside it improve the privacy and system security of the Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6-inch 2022 tablet.
- HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 -inch 2021 WiFi version WGR – W09
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 -inch 2021 WiFi version WGR – W19
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 – inch 2021 5G version WGR – AN19
- Optimize the display effect of some interfaces and icons
- Optimized the display effect of some interfaces in the multi-screen collaboration situation
- Optimize the use of some game situations
- Optimize the experience of using memo
First beta version:
The stackable, Combinable, Smart folders, Home Screen space, Celia Suggestions, and Extraordinary. Although the Super devices are fully expanded to support more types of devices.
It added support for connecting two pairs of Bluetooth headsets at the same time, one sound, and two people can enjoy and listen to the beauty together. Most importantly, it provides you with a general dashboard of all application permission behavior and proactively provides privacy protection suggestions for possible risks.
However, the recent HarmonyOS 3 beta 2 version of the Huawei MatePad Pro aims to enhance all the above-mentioned features and optimized them thoroughly to give better and improved working on your large screen.
Huawei Watch 3 gets new feature with HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 update
Huawei is in hurry to fetch its devices with the all-new HarmonyOS 3.0 interface. But at this moment, the company is keenly focusing on its advanced and sophisticated wearable models to bring up the newest software. Yes, we are talking about the Huawei Watch 3 devices that have started receiving a new HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 beta update.
This is not the first time when Huawei Watch 3 has touched the HarmonyOS 3.0 surface. With the arrival of the latest Huawei Watch 3 HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11, the company has begun beta activity for the respective wearable product. However, this new beta update version of HarmonyOS 3.0 carries some new tweaks in its pocket for the Huawei Watch 3 gadgets.
According to the information, the latest beta firmware appears with build version 18.104.22.168 along with a package size of 440MB. Though the package bears a small weight, it has a big list of features in its bag. Surprisingly, the list begins with the addition of the Super Device feature.
The new update brings the support of the Super Device feature for the smartwatch. This feature is easily accessible through the pull-down dial interface. Consequently, it enables the users to connect their smartwatch to their phone and perform several functions.
On the flip side, the update also works in improving the health features and sports monitoring on the device. It increases the accuracy level of the health report and makes the device more intimate and comprehensive for the consumers.
What else? Let’s explore more new things in the changelog.
HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 Beta Changelog
- Enables you to interconnect and collaborate between smartwatch and phone with a single pull.
- Perform several actions and easily control connectivity between smart screens, Bluetooth headsets, fitness equipment, and more.
Professional Sports features
- The update brings an automated pause switch that can stop or resume the exercise and other workouts according to your exercise status. You can access the feature by visiting the Settings > Exercise Settings > Automatic Pause.
- The device will also be able to support sports linkage to control the pause, end, and continue the course over the smartphone. Besides, it can connect to other Huawei devices and can use the S-TAG connection to sense posture, cycling, running, and more.
- The screen will remain enabled till you are doing exercise. As a result, you can easily check on real-time exercise details. Next, you can explore, connect, and utilize sports equipment with the all-new Sports Health Equipment Management. To access it, navigate to Settings > More Connections > Sports Health Equipment Management.
- Addition of a new altitude care function that showcases the risk of altitude sickness and gives scientific advice.
- NFC car key now supports the new BYD models
- Enhanced the door-opening function of smart vehicles with a touch of a Bluetooth car key.
Smart Life, Smart Features:
- Additions of a new ‘Automated enter and exit sleep mode’ tab in the sleep application. When enabled, the watch will automatically enter and exit the sleep mode as per your sleep status. Further, it also supports custom durations. You can enable it by Sleep app > Sleep Settings.
- You can now mute either the watch or smartphone while answering a Bluetooth call.
- You can also switch audio devices instantly during eSIM calls through the Smart Voice control settings.
- Addition of Kaleidoscope dial that let you select your pic to create a personalized dial. You can also rotate the crown to see the kaleidoscope effect.
- Now you have the access to install your favorite face watch directly from the watch.
- New gaming feature that permits you to learn several thoughtful tips and usage of the smartwatch.
- Optimizes the Bluetooth connection of the watch.
- Adds a new Bluetooth icon that gets enabled while usage.
|| Source ||
Check the Huawei HarmonyOS 3 second batch devices [List]
We all are aware of the fact that Huawei is working to expand the major HarmonyOS 3 beta update for the latest flagship model. After its first batch rollout, the company released a number of devices to get the HarmonyOS 3 beta version by the end of August.
Below you can check the devices, ready to recruit for the HarmonyOS 3.0 beta version:
Huawei Mate Series
- Huawei Mate Xs2
- Huawei Mate Xs2 Collector’s Edition
- Huawei Mate X2
- Huawei Mate X2 4G
- Huawei Mate X2 Collector’s Edition
- Huawei Mate 40E
- Huawei Mate 40E 4G
- Huawei Mate 40E Pro
Huawei P series
- Huawei P50E
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 inches 2021
- Huawei MatePad 11
Huawei Smart series
- Huawei V98
- Huawei V75 Super
- Huawei V55 2021
- Huawei V65 2021
- Huawei V75 2021
- Huawei V85 2021
Well, all the above-mentioned device list is eligible to participate in the second batch of HarmonyOS 3 beta testing. As the company started reporting the adaptation process for the corresponding users.
In particular, the corresponding user is anticipated to receive beta builds in middle to the end of August. Huawei will also gradually review the version in batches for customers outside of the first group in accordance with the version’s development.
This means it is expected for the following Huawei devices user to start receiving the Beta version of the Huawei HarmonyOS 3.0 update, for those who receive the approval notification by the company.
If you own one of the following devices (Chinese model) and wanted to take part in the Beta adaptation, then you can easily register yourself through the sign-up for the early adopter page on the Huawei club.
Or you can enter the registration through the My Huawei/ Member Center app. So guys hurry up, this adaptation process will long last till August 17 as mentioned by Huawei.