On April 21, Huawei extended the HarmonyOS 2.0 Mobile Developer Beta activity for more devices including Huawei Mate X2 foldable phone, models from Huawei Mate 40 lineup, and Huawei Smart Screen smart TVs. On the other hand, Huawei smartphone users are still waiting for their terms to get the public beta announcement.
Initially, the HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta was available for the Huawei P40, Mate 30, and MatePad Pro devices. Since December 2020, these devices have received three developer beta updates, which installed a number of new optimizations and the latest APIs for the latest HarmonyOS 2.0 builds.
The current version of the HarmonyOS mobile developer beta brings the following changes:
- 15000+ APIs (support the development of mobile phone/PAD, large screen, wearable, car, and machine applications)
- Distributed application framework
- Distributed UI controls
- DevEco Studio 2.0 Beta3
Below you can check the devices that are now part of the HarmonyOS 2.0 Mobile Developer beta program along with the ones that were added previously.
Note: Below-mentioned terms include, phone names with models, and the required EMUI version to participate in the HarmonyOS 2.0 Mobile developer beta activity.
- Huawei Mate X2 (TET-AN00) – EMUI 220.127.116.11
- Huawei Mate 40 (OCE-AN10) – EMUI 18.104.22.168
- Huawei Mate 40E (OCE-AN50) – EMUI 22.214.171.124
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro (NOH-AN01/NOH-AN00) – EMUI 126.96.36.199
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro+ (NOP-AN00) – EMUI 188.8.131.52
- Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design (NOP-AN00) – EMUI 184.108.40.206
- Huawei P40 (ANA-AN00/TN00) – EMUI 220.127.116.11
- Huawei P40 Pro (ELS-TN00/TN00) – EMUI 18.104.22.168
- Huawei P40 Pro+ (ELS-AN10) – EMUI 22.214.171.124
- Huawei Mate 30 4G (TAS-AL00/TL00) – EMUI 126.96.36.199
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 4G (LIO-AL00/TL00) – EMUI 188.8.131.52
- Huawei Mate 30 5G (TAS-AN00) – EMUI 184.108.40.206
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G (LIO-AN00) – EMUI 220.127.116.11
- Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche Design (LIO-AN00P) – EMUI 18.104.22.168
- Huawei Mate 30E Pro 5G (LIO-AN00m) – EMUI 22.214.171.124
- Huawei MatePad Pro (MRX-AL09/AL19/W09/W19/W29/W39) – EMUI 126.96.36.199
- Huawei MatePad Pro 5G (MRX-AN19) – EMUI 188.8.131.52
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro (KANT-370S/360S) – 184.108.40.206 (SP3)
- Huawei Smart Screen S – (KANT-370/360/350C/350B) – 220.127.116.11 (SP3)
(Source – Huawei)
HarmonyOS 3.0 will come for global Huawei smartphones?
Huawei has its fully-owned operating system – HarmonyOS, which offers a bunch of new features in comparison to the EMUI software. The operating system was designed to work across different platforms including an extra edge of functionality in smartphone devices. In the current scenario, the Chinese tech maker is pursuing the HarmonyOS 2.0 version and continuously enhancing it by releasing new software update versions.
Now, Huawei is planning to reveal the next version of the HarmonyOS operating system – HarmonyOS 3.0. This new version will surely come up with some advanced features for smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, and other adapted platforms. However, it was also reported that the upcoming Mate 50 series could arrive with a pre-installed HarmonyOS 3.0.
At Huawei Developer Conference (HDC), the Chinese tech maker announced HarmonyOS 3.0. Although, the tech firm has not revealed any specific details on the user interface but we’re aware that Huawei has focused on the performance part this time and wants to rollout this software version on most of the devices.
Currently, Huawei has not announced the rollout of HarmonyOS 3.0 or its testing but the developer preview roadmap of this software suggests that it could come somewhere in July. Still, a confirmation is awaited.
Huawei HarmonyOS 3.0 for global users:
Meanwhile, many consumers of Huawei devices asked us, whether Huawei is planning to launch HarmonyOS 3.0 for the global Huawei smartphone owners? To answer that, we should look at some facts that have appeared previously on the ground.
Huawei currently treats HarmonyOS 2.0 as the Chinese consumer-based operating system, especially for smartphones. The company has told us in a statement that it has no plans to roll this out to global smartphone users and continues to push EMUI as the lead smartphone software.
Meanwhile, Huawei consumers are taking on EMUI 12 as their prime operating system and receiving it via OTA software update. Looking at the fact that HarmonyOS 2.0 is not coming to the global market, Huawei has made some changes in the core EMUI user interface and brought it much closer to its Chinese counterpart.
However, confirmation is still awaited on whether HarmonyOS 3.0 will come for global consumers.
So what do you think, HarmonyOS 3.0 will come for the global consumers? Let us know via the poll below.
Will Huawei launch HarmonyOS 3.0 for global consumers?
— HC Newsroom (@HCNewsroom) May 15, 2022
April 2022 HarmonyOS update released for these 6 Honor smartphones
Recently, Huawei has pushed off the April 2022 security update for several Honor smartphones running on the HarmonyOS operating system. As we know, after the separation of Huawei and Honor, the previously launched Honor smartphones came under the care of Huawei.
Yes! the latest software update rollout clearly shows the care of Huawei towards its former brand smartphones. Below, you can check the list of Honor smartphones, which getting the April 2022 HarmonyOS security update.
- Honor Magic 2
- Honor 20S
- Honor 30S
- Honor Play 4
- Honor Play 4 Pro
- Honor Play 9A
This newest update for the above-mentioned Honor smartphones mainly boosted the system’s security and stability. As it fixes over 49 vulnerabilities and threats found in the latest HarmonyOS software system. Read more
If you are any of the mentioned-device users in China and seeking for next update. Then, the update is here for you. Check the more information-related version below along with the update process and precautions.
Latest Version Details:
- Honor Magic 2: HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 updated from 22.214.171.124/231
- Honor 20S: HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 updated from 188.8.131.52
- Honor 30S: HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 updated from 220.127.116.11
- Honor Play 4: HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 updated from 22.214.171.124
- Honor X10 Max: HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 updated from 188.8.131.52
- Honor Play 4 Pro: HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 updated from 220.127.116.11
- Honor Play 9A: Magic UI 18.104.22.168 updated from 22.214.171.124
How to update:
Here are two ways to install the update and it’s up to you, which one do you like.
Open the phone settings menu, tap on system & updates then click on software updates. From here, tap on Check for updates and let the phone fetch the latest update for you. If an update appears on the device, tap on download and install.
Through My Huawei app:
Go to the My Huawei app and visit the support section. Afterward, tap on the update icon and follow the on-screen steps to grab the latest update.
Send us tips on the contacts mentioned below:
- Message us on Twitter
Huawei MatePad 10.4 grabbing March 2022 HarmonyOS software update
New information reveals that Huawei MatePad 10.4 March 2022 update landed on the ground with HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199. So, the corresponding device owners, to get the latest version, make sure your smartphone is presently running on version 188.8.131.52.
- Huawei MatePad 10.4-inch (BAH3-AL00)
- Huawei MatePad 10.4-inch (BAH-W09)
- Huawei MatePad 5G 10.4-inch (BAH-AN10)
- Huawei MatePad 10.4-inch (BAH-W59)
Talking about the new changes, this update brings more device support to the super device feature for improved connection & collaboration. Further, the added Senior Mode settings for elders for better management of settings.
That’s not it, the update also optimizes anti-mistouch operation in gaming scenarios for an enhanced experience. Lastly, it installs the March 2022 HarmonyOS security patch to enhance system security.
- Super Device: Added support to connect with some Huawei watches, bracelets, and Mate View for better video playback.
- Game: Optimize the anti-mistouch operation experience of the game scene
- Senior Mode: Adds the Senior mode settings screen for easier management of settings that seniors may find useful, including larger font size and a longer touch response time.
- Security: Incorporated the March 2022 security patch to enhance system security.
How to update:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
Alternatively, you can also request software updates through the My Huawei app. To do this, open the My Huawei app, go to the Support tab on the bottom bar, tap on the update, then select Check for updates and then download and install.