In the latest camera evaluation, DXOMARK has ranked the iPhone 15 Pro Max in the second spot below the reigning defending champion Huawei P60 Pro. The results reflect that Apple has made good changes in the camera and features to achieve such a benchmark in mobile photography.
According to DXOMARK, the iPhone 15 Pro Max scored 154 points for the rear camera. While the Huawei P60 Pro has 156 points for the rear camera.
Talking about the scores, the iPhone 15 Pro Max has 153 points for photos, 142 for zoom, 80 points for bokeh, 158 points for video, and 86 for preview. DXOMARK appointed 148 points to the phone for taking portrait and group photos and videos.
Let’s check the good and the bad of the iPhone 15 Pro Max camera.
- Excellent camera experience for photography and videography overall thanks to enhanced HDR imaging format
- Standard-setting experience in video that is consistently ahead of the competition
- Excellent for capturing portraits, showcasing impressive skin-tone accuracy and face exposure in various lighting conditions
- Zero shutter lag, allowing to capture the decisive moment in most conditions
- Significantly improved zoom capabilities for long ranges over previous iPhone models
- Excellent and refined background blur in portraits that can be added even after a photo has been taken
- Limited zoom quality before the telephoto camera takes over
- In very low-light conditions, takes longer to capture the moment, and images can be grainy
- Some of the image-quality innovations like photo HDR are currently visible only within Apple’s ecosystem
According to the official specs sheet, the iPhone 15 Pro Max equips a 48MP main camera (24 mm, ƒ/1.78 aperture, second‑generation sensor‑shift optical image stabilization, 100% Focus Pixels, support for super‑high‑resolution photos (24MP and 48MP). The phone also has a 12MP Ultra Wide camera with a 120-degree field of view, and 100% Focus Pixels. This model offers a 12MP 2x Telephoto (enabled by a quad‑pixel sensor).
Earlier this year, Huawei made a comeback in the dual flagship era with P60 Pro. This phone takes the XMAGE photography to the next level and establishes itself in the first place. Therefore, the iPhone 15 Pro Max has to settle below the Huawei P60 Pro on DXOMARK for the time being.
However, DXOMARK also has a review pending of the Huawei Mate 60 Pro on the camera evaluation platform, which we may see very soon.