Huawei Nova 4 smartphone began collecting December 2021 HarmonyOS security update that fixes for CVEs and threats found in the previous software updates. Accoridng to the information, the latest update comes with a new HarmonyOS version 126.96.36.199.
The December 2021 update for Huawei Nova 4 only brings improvement for device security that resolves 1 CVE in framework, 2 CVEs in Kernel, 3 CVEs in the system, 3 CVEs in applications, and 62 CVEs in the third party library.
In the last update, the Chinese tech maker brought new features to the service center, input method, service widgets, input method, and system. Additionally, it fixed the problem of the abnormal display of some home screen icons as well as installed the September 2021 security patch.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
New Software Update details:
- Huawei Nova 4 smartphone users grabbing HarmonyOS version 188.8.131.52 upgraded from 184.108.40.206.
- Installs the HarmonyOS security patch released in December 2021 that increased system security
OW TO INSTALL:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
Alternatively, you can also request software updates through the My Huawei app. To do this, open the My Huawei app, tap on the update, then select Check for updates, and then download and install.
Key points for users before Update:
- The device must have a better battery backup to install this update that is a minimum of 50%.
- It’s compulsory to check your storage availability(Internal/External SDcard) to download the latest update as per the size required
- A strong WiFi/mobile data connection is required for a buffer-free download of the package.