16 models enters HarmonyOS 3 public beta [List]
Huawei has now announced HarmonyOS 3 public beta for 16 new smartphone models, which belong to the Huawei P30 series, Mate 20 series, Nova 5 Pro, Mate X first generation foldable phone, and Enjoy 50 Pro.
The latest announcement confirms that the HarmonyOS 3 has reached stable mode and it’ll soon be public for all of these smartphone owners in China.
Meanwhile, the public beta will allow more users to enter the beta testing pool and test the latest HarmonyOS 3 features ahead of the stable rollout. If you are one of them and own a Chinese model, do submit an application to participate in the public beta activity.
Below you can check the 16 Huawei smartphone models selected for HarmonyOS 3 public beta announcement.
- Enjoy 50 Pro – SEA-Al10
- Nova 5 Pro
- P30 – ELE-AL00
- P30 – ELE-TL00
- P30 Pro – VOG-AL00
- P30 Pro – VOG-AL10
- P30 Pro – VOG-TL00
- Mate 20 (HMA-AL00)
- Mate 20 (HMA-TL00)
- Mate 20 Pro (LYA-AL00, LYA-AL10)
- Mate 20 Pro (LYA-TL00)
- Mate 20 RS Porsche Design (LYA-AL00P)
- Mate 20 X (4G) (EVR-AL00)
- Mate 20 X (4G) (EVR-TL00)
- Mate 20 X (5G)
- Mate X – TAH – AN00
HarmonyOS 3 carries brand-new features for a better user experience. These changes could be easily found in the user interface such as the smart folders, which you can choose to put in different layouts. More on this, you can bind the service widgets with new group and stack widgets.
You should know that Huawei has also improved the security and privacy of the software with this new upgrade and there are a lot of hidden gems that users could find in the new version after updating to the latest version.
- The version restrictions required you to install the latest version, otherwise, you will not receive the version push.
- During the internal beta test, you can enable the user experience improvement agreement to help developers to improve the HarmonyOS 3 for the stable release.
- This rollout won’t delete your phone’s data but we suggest you make a backup of your smartphone’s important files and confirm that the backup content is complete and valid, otherwise there may be a risk of data loss.
- Some third-party apps may not be compatible with HarmonyOS and we suggest you upgrade them right away from Huawei AppGallery to match the compatibility.
- After the upgrade procedure, your phone may show signs of heat, lag, and slow charging. However, it may settle within a few days of the HarmonyOS 3 software upgrade.
- The latest software update requires you to leave free space to store the OTA downloaded package.