Over the last few weeks, Xiaomi has introduced its latest software to many of the flagship and mid-range smartphones. Now, it’s the turn of the large screen devices. Mi Pad 5 and 5 Pro get MIUI 13 Upgrade in China. These devices now run on the Android 11 based operating system.
MIUI 13 upgrade brings advancement in the performance grade of the core system. Additionally, it offers stabilization and longevity to the security section of the system. It increases the multiple-tasking platform for the users with ease and convenience.
Version & Package size
Mi Pad 5 and 5 Pro get MIUI 13 upgrade in China varies in the version and package size of the update. China users of Mi Pad 5 receive the update with version V220.127.116.11.RKXCNXM and a package size that weighs up to 3.5GB. On the other hand, Mi Pad 5 Pro users get the update with version V18.104.22.168.RKZCNXM and package size of 3.9GB.
MIUI 13 Upgrade
The newest software appears with a lot of features that enhance the performance level as well as the security system. It increases the fluency of third-party applications so that the user faces lesser lags on the screen. Besides this, the company’s developed applications work more efficiently rather than previously.
The user interface becomes more interactive and responsive with MIUI 13 software. With features like Dynamic theming support, revamped widgets, effective live wallpapers, and new fonts bring a new look to the home screen and an understandable experience to the users.
Furthermore, the privacy tools not only apply a shield over the important information in the device but also protect it from malware. It prevents the data from being mislaid or harmful transfers of files.
- Performance: Reduction in screen lags by 60%. Increase in the fluency of third-party applications up to 53%.
- New Widgets: Easy to use widgets like ‘super countdown day’ and ‘water cups measure’. It provides an iOS 15 like experience to the users.
- Live Wallpapers: A new look to the home screen with animated wallpapers that brings crystal formation design with it.
- Privacy: Tools like ‘fraud protection’, ‘face identification’, and ‘watermark privacy’ help to protect the user’s data from being misused or transferred to fake websites.
- Dynamic Theming support: When this feature is enabled, as a result, it picks the colors from the wallpapers and applies them to the theme and overall sections of the system.
- Mi Sans Font: The new font offers an auto-adjustment to the symbols according to the texts on the screen.
How to update
To upgrade your device with the latest software, navigate towards the Settings menu. Select the System Updates option and check manually for the appropriate update. Then click on the Download and Install option for the further process.
Redmi 9 smartphone grabbing February 2022 MIUI security update
Xiaomi has started sending the February 2022 security update for its cost-effective smartphone Redmi 9. The update is circulating in Indonesia through the OTA (over the air) medium. This security patch is rolling with MIUI 12.5/Android 11 software version.
Meanwhile, the users in Europe are receiving the January 2022 security patch for the same device along with the same software. These patches provide bug fixes and improvisations to the issues and errors.
Build Number & Size
The February 2022 security update for Redmi 9 smartphone is available with a specific build number which is V22.214.171.124.RJCIDXM. Further, it holds a package size of 2.5GB. On the contrary side, the European users are accessing the January 2022 security patch as V126.96.36.199.RJCEUXM with the same size.
Purpose of Security Patch
Xiaomi releases a bunch of security patches in a month for several of its devices around different regions. But why?
These patches are meant with the purpose of resolving the conflicts and vulnerabilities that are been faced by the device.
In other words, the security patches mend the defects of a device that the users confront while operating it. Thus, it improves the functioning management and makes increases the reliability of the internal mechanisms.
Redmi 9 Key Specifications
The budget-friendly smartphone appears with a display design of a 6.53-inch IPS LCD that carries a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. It has a pixel density of 395 PPI (Pixel Per Inch). Further, it powers an octa-core chipset of MediaTek MT6769V/CU Helio G80 along with Mali-G52 MC2 GPU.
Additionally, the device sports a quad-camera framework at the backside that consists of 13 megapixels (f/2.2 aperture) primary camera, 8 megapixels (f/2.2 aperture) ultrawide shooter, 5 megapixels (f/2.4 aperture) macro sensor, and 2 megapixels (f/2.4 aperture) depth sensor. It also attaches an 8 MP selfie camera at the front.
Apart from the optical concern, the smartphone packs an irremovable battery with a capacity of 5020mAh that gives a rapid charging of 18W.
MIUI 13/Android 11 update expands for Xiaomi Pad 5 in Taiwan
Xiaomi has begun expanding the MIUI 13 software update for its large screen device Xiaomi Pad 5 in Taiwan. The software remains on Android 11 at the moment. Yet, users can find surprising new features for their devices with better-operating mechanisms.
The OTA update appears with many customizations and implements for the huge screen gadget. On the other hand, it brings a new updated security patch for the device that delivers amendments for the bugs and errors.
Xiaomi Pad 5 get Android 12 in China:
Xiaomi Pad 5 has received the Android 12 operating system along with the latest interface MIUI 13. The initial rollout took place in China with several exclusive features and improvements for the device. Although, the user demands a large screen-related software update – Android 12L rather than Android 12 OS.
As for now, Xiaomi is treating the Android 12 based MIUI interface with fine structure and functions for the huge screen devices. Therefore, Xiaomi Pad 5 users have to settle down with the Android 11 system.
Xiaomi Pad 5 devices in Taiwan receives the MIUI 13/Android 11 update with a particular build number which is V188.8.131.52.RKXTWXM. Whereas, the update size of the software weighs a size of 2.8 Gigabytes.
Changelog of MIUI 13/Android 11
- Resizable floating windows bring the desktop experience to tablets
- Improvement in Function key features
- Drag any item from the dock to open it in a floating window
- Resizing options for floating windows
- Support for opening two floating windows at the same time
- New gesture for the floating windows
Stylus & Keyboard:
- Pressing The Menu Button on the keyboard opens the app dock
- Double pressing the Menu button allows switching between recent applications
- Custom system button as well as app shortcuts
System: Updated Android security patch to January 2022. Increased system security.
The users have to keep in mind, the following instructions before proceeding with the installation:
- Do not forget to backup all important matters before upgrading
- The update process may take a while, hence one must have a sufficient amount of battery percent in the device
- The device might take time to adapt to the new update
- The device should have a high-speed internet connection for downloading the software
Xiaomi MIUI 184.108.40.206/Android 12 update rolls out for Mi 11i
Xiaomi Mi 11i smartphone users are receiving the major update of MIUI 220.127.116.11 rooted over the Android 12 operating system. The update is available globally through the OTA (over the air) format. This time, the Chinese company has rolled out the major update along with a new security patch for the device.
Being an OTA update, the software update may take a while to approach all the eligible units of the device across the globe. However, the users can direct themselves towards the Settings menu of their device for checking the update manually.
As per the source, the global users are attaining the MIUI 18.104.22.168 software update for their Mi 11i smartphones with build number V22.214.171.124.SKKMIXM. Whereas, the package size of the software weighs up to 3.5GB.
Along with Android 12 stability, the latest MIUI interface offers new wallpapers, customizable widget sections, finer system functionalities, and much more. Furthermore, it provides an enhancement to a number of applications. These enhancements are either with the increment in their access or marking smooth operations.
While exploring the changelog of the MIUI 13 system, we found limited features for the super handset. Though, there are expectations, to receive new and more features of the interface soon for the mentioned device. Here is the list of elements, that users can observe in the newest update.
- “Crystallisation” super wallpapers
- A new widget ecosystem with app support
- Apps can be shown as floating windows directly from the sidebar
- Updated Android security patch to February 2022. Increased the system security
- Stable MIUI based on Android 12
- Optimizes the accessibility support for applications such as Phone, Clock, and Weather
- Mind map nodes are more convenient as well as intuitive from now
- Improved overall stability
How to Update:
The users can upgrade their smartphones to the latest software by heading towards the Settings menu of their device. Then, select the System Apps Updater and further click on the MIUI Version. The device will fetch up the new updates and will display them on the screen. For the appropriate one, tap on Download & Install.