Yes, it’s a wow moment, that Huawei is rolling out a new software update for the Watch GT 2 smartwatch with August 2022 optimizations. Even after four years of launch, Huawei continues to nourish this smartwatch with the latest software features and optimizations.
Huawei is rolling out Watch GT 2 August 2022 software update with software version 184.108.40.206 and you’ll have to download a big package size of 75 megabytes, which is quite heavy firmware for a smartwatch.
According to the changelog, the latest Watch GT 2 update comes with System optimizations for a better user experience that consists of various improvements for features and applications. However, the firmware section doesn’t contain any new additions.
Back in March, Huawei sent firmware version 220.127.116.11 for the Watch GT 2 lineup (initial) and the company expanded the update for more users around the globe. The update then installed important optimization for sleep monitoring along with new stability improvements.
The rollout is currently in progress and will expand in the coming days or weeks. If you don’t receive the update notification keep on checking for it via the Huawei Helth app. Once launched, you need to navigate to the app’s device section and then select your Watch GT 2, followed by the firmware updates options.
Tap on it, and the phone will start checking for the latest firmware update for your Watch GT 2 smartwatch.
Furthermore, there are a few safety notes that you can take a look at before proceeding with the installation process.
- For a better user experience, we recommend you update your Huawei Health app to the latest version.
- Keep your smartwatch close to the connected smartphone and do not disable the Bluetooth connection between both devices.
- The entire upgrade process may take some minutes as the OTA package requires time to transfer from the smartphone to the smartwatch.
- The device will automatically start after the upgrade procedure is completed.
EMUI 18.104.22.168 update for Honor Play 3e installs improvements
Huawei is rolling out an EMUI 22.214.171.124 update for the Honor Play 3e smartphone that comes with a number of new optimizations for a better user experience.
For your information, Honor Play 3e was launched in 2019 and it’s a handy device that is packed with a 5.71-inch screen with a hole punch design, a 3020mAh battery, a single rear 13MP camera, and a 5MP selfie camera.
Despite the fact that the phone is still running EMUI 9.1 and the company keeps on sending new software updates for the Honor Play 3e, which is quite impressive.
Honor Play 3e with model KSA-AL10 is getting a new software update with EMUI to build version 126.96.36.199, upgrading from EMUI 188.8.131.52. The changelog reveals that the phone is getting a new Petal Light Tour app as well as new network optimizations as well as system stability improvements for Honor Play 3e.
To be mentioned, this is not the only old smartphone to get these new improvements as there are other EMUI 9.1 devices incorporated with such ability.
Below you can check the changelog:
- Added a quick download icon for the Petal Light Tour app, click it to download and use it directly. Note: If the “Automatically update apps” in the app market is set to “On” or “Only under Wi-Fi”, it will be updated according to the network.
- Network conditions automatically download applications, no need to click)
- Optimize system stability in some scenarios.
Below you can check the update notes:
- Make sure you phone is not rooted. You can upgrade to EMUI 184.108.40.206 via OTA.
- This update is rolling out in batches and users who have not received it yet, please wait patiently.
- This update will not delete your data, but it is still recommended that you back up all important data to the PC or the cloud (please do not back up to the internal storage space of the phone) before the upgrade, and confirm that the backup content is complete and valid.
- After the upgrade, the system will perform self-optimization, which may cause the phone to generate some heat, fast power consumption, freezing, or slow charging. It will return to normal after 2-3 days. It is recommended to charge the phone with the screen off for over 2 hours after the upgrade is complete (it is best to charge it overnight with the screen off), and then restart the phone to ensure that the mobile phone application is quickly adapted.
- After the update is complete, the system will restart, please wait patiently for about five minutes.
Huawei FreeBuds SE gets new Bluetooth improvements
Huawei is rolling out a new software update for the FreeBuds SE earbuds in the global market, as this new firmware comes with Bluetooth improvements for a better connectivity experience.
According to the information, Huawei FreeBuds SE is getting a new firmware version 220.127.116.11, and an update package size of 0.99 megabytes. Huawei seeds this software to improve the connectivity experience between the phone and the earbuds, so you get interrupted from music listening.
Improved Bluetooth connection stability.
It was August 2022, when this pair of Huawei FreeBuds SE received its last software update including system stability and Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
It’s recommended for Huawei FreeBuds SE earbuds users download the latest firmware with important Bluetooth optimizations. To do so, visit the AI Life app and then select FreeBuds SE and check for the latest firmware. Note that the update package transfer may take some time.
Huawei FreeBuds SE:
This set of earbuds comes with a lightweight and semi-in-ear design that fits perfectly in your ear and reduces pressure on the ear canal. It has three different sizes of silicon ear tips.
FreeBuds SE provides a long-lasting battery that could stand up to 6 hours on a single charge and up to 24 hours with the charging box.
Huawei FreeBuds Se comes with smart features and gesture support such as double tap, and swipe for easy interaction.
(via – Huaweiailes)
Huawei MatePad 10.4 tablet gets December 2022 patch
According to the information, Huawei MatePad 10.4 is getting the December 2022 software upgrade for model number BAH4-W39 in China. However, the global models may also get a new firmware version soon.
Also, the Huawei MatePad 10.4 is also a part of the HarmonyOS 3 upgrade schedule. However, it’s not yet included in the beta activity.
Below you can check the update notes of this software rollout.
1. Make sure your device is not rooted Otherwise you won’t receive a new software build. Also, you have to upgrade to the latest software version.
2. The version is released in batches. In order to meet fast upgrades, you can check the latest software update via the System settings option. Or visit the My Huawei app to request a new version.
3. This software update won’t erase your phone’s data but it is still recommended that you back up important files to prevent any unwanted data loss.
4. We suggest you charge up the battery level for an uninterrupted installation experience.
5. After the upgrade procedure, the device will self-optimize the performance, which may cause heat increment, fast power consumption, or slow charging, which will settle within a few days after installation.