HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 update is under expansion for a number of Huawei flagship devices. Today, we saw this rollout for the Huawei Mate 40 series, Mate 20 series and now, the Huawei P30 and P30 Pro devices are also receiving the HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 update released in China.
According to the changelog, HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 software update for the Huawei P30 and P30 Pro devices comes with various new features that will further enhance the software user experience for this mos popular Huawei flagship.
Below you can check all of the HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 adapted models from the Huawei P30 series.
Aside from these P30 models, Huawei has also confirmed the P30 due for the EMUI 12 software upgrade in the global market. For your information, the rollout for EMUI 12 for global consumers will start somewhere in the first half of 2022.
Huawei P30 models:
- P30 (ELE-AL00)
- P30 (ELE-TL00)
- P30 Pro (VOG-AL00/VOG-AL10)
- P30 Pro (VOG-TL00)
Here’s the changelog of the Huawei P30 HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 software update upgrading from HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168.
- Service Center: Adds Service combos to the Discover tab in Service Center (which you can access by swiping up from the bottom corner edges of the screen), allowing you to add service combos to the home screen to use scenario-specific widgets.
- Task Center: Adds the multi-device task management feature to Task Center, allowing you to view, manage, and transfer previous tasks from other devices that support Task Center, are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, and are logged in to the same HUAWEI ID. You can access Task Center by swiping up from the bottom of the screen and holding it.
- Service Widgets: Adds the people album service widget (you can add it to your home screen by swiping up on the Gallery app icon) which loops photos of the person you select. Touch the avatar in the top corner to switch to another person, or touch a photo to open the album of the selected person.
- Input methods: Adds a shortcut icon that you can touch to download and use Celia Keyboard directly.
- AI Voice: Optimizes the Al Voice feature.
- System: Improves the user experience with basic operations, including touch and volume control, and adds support for enlarging home screen icons. Optimizes the system power consumption in certain situations.
As compared to the Huawei Mate 20 series, it doesn’t bring any additional changes in the system optimizations and has the same changelog as the Huawei Mate 40 series.
Huawei P30 series Specifications:
Huawei P30 and P30 Pro are the toughest smartphones and one of the most powerful camera devices that have ever been created by any phone maker. It’s powered by the 7nm Kirin 980 processor that boasts unlimited power on this device.
The P30 series was launched with EMUI 9.1 onboard, which is based on Android 9. Thereafter, it has been focused on regular software upgrades including the EMUI 10.0, EMUI 10.1, and EMUI 11, all three of these are based on Android 10.
Huawei Mate 50 series gets December 2022 patch
According to the changelog, the December 2022 patch for the Huawei Mate 50 series brings system stability optimizations with new improvements to bring better performance.
It’s further revealed that the patch is distributed with HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124patch02 for – Mate 50, Mate 50 Pro, and Mate 50 RS Porsche Design. Since it’s a patch, the OTA will size only 16.26MB. On the other hand, it’s available only for the HarmonyOS 3 version of the Mate 50 lineup.
After upgrading to the latest software patch, a Huawei Mate 50 standard user reported a camera telephoto bug. The user reports that the 10X telephoto zoom lost clarity over the past version.
The user also posted a video describing this issue. It felt like the camera failed to focus on the subject, similar to Huawei P30 Pro.
A number of users replied this to bug. Saying that it could be an issue with the day and nighttime light arrangements. While some suggest that this could be fixed with the next upgrade.
Last month, Huawei sent a performance improvement update for Mate 50 series devices. According to our report, the phone received a substantial boost in GPU performance with HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199.
A test on the Genshin Impact game revealed that the Huawei Mate 50 Pro delivers frame rate improvements along with the stability of the smartphone.
To download this software update, Huawei Mate 50 owners can look into the My Huawei app and then tap on the updates section to get the latest firmware version. However, users are recommended to make a backup of important files as a safety precaution.
Huawei rolling out a SuperHub feature patch
According to the information, Huawei has not tagged any specific version number with this release. It’s because of its package size, which is 60 MB.
The changelog of the patch brings improvements to the user experience with SuperHub feature for Huawei smartphones. The patch also optimizes pop-up messages in certain scenarios.
The latest software patch for Huawei smartphones will not erase your personal data but we suggest you back up any important data before you proceed to upgrade.
Post-installation your smartphone will automatically delete the software package. Also, we suggest you charge up your smartphone to support a speedy installation.
SuperHub feature allows you to drag text and images from different apps to SuperHub, where they are temporarily stored, and then drag items to an editing screen with just a tap.
To use SuperHub:
With SuperHub you can select text, images, or files within an app, touch and hold down on the content until it starts floating, and drag the content to the SuperHub floating window displayed in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Open an editing screen (for example, a note in Notepad ), touch and hold the SuperHub floating window, and drag all content out. (If the floating window is hidden at the edge of the screen, swipe inward on the screen to bring up the floating window.)
- Touch the SuperHub floating window to expand it. You can also touch and hold a single item and drag it out.
Past information reveals that this software feature is rolling out in batches and will cover all Huawei smartphones gradually.
How to check for updates:
You can check for the latest software update via Settings > Software & updates and then tap on Software updates followed by CHECK FOR UPDATES. Once fetched, you need to Download and install the new firmware.
Youbo launches new OpenHarmony-based UB-RK3566 processor
Youbo Technology cooperation has launched a new OpenHarmony-based UB-RK3566 processor. The chipset is mainly developed for IoT (Internet of Things) applications and smart devices.
According to the latest information, the OpenHarmony-based UB-RK3566 processor supports powerful functioning and brilliant performance on the surface. Besides, it is also eligible for high-end display engines and other technologies.
Further, the latest Youbo chipset is uprooted on an A55 process structure. It holds an ARM G52 2EE GPU and also supports a dual-screen display. Alongside tech-pack elements, the chip also uses a self-developed JPEG decoding microprocessor.
In terms of functions, the UB-RK3566 processor is capable of showcasing 1080 at 60 fps resolution, H0264, and H.265 format encoding, supports dynamic rate, frame rate, resolution adjustment, and many other display-related features.
On the other hand, the processor can efficiently work in dual-camera scenarios. Ultimately, operators can have a crystal clear image with effective lighting due to the UB-RK3566 chipset.
You can check the major functions, below:
- High computing power with less consumption: The processor installs a Rockchip RK3566 quad-core 64-bit Cortex-A55 unit and can easily support up to 0.8T computing power. Besides, it improves the battery life of devices
- Seld-developed display chips: The processor already holds finer display chips to reduce the excessive cost of display components. These chips can bear 2200 x 1650 resolution
- High-definition display: Since the processor has high-quality display chips, it offers an immersive virtual experience. It also supports HDMI 4K resolution at 60Hz, 1080P resolution at 60Hz, and more
- Complete display interface: the latest processor supports HDMI2.0 interface, supports dual-channel MIPI DSI, and can drive a 2.5K LCD screen. It also holds Eink, and can directly drive the ink screen.
- Rick Interface expansion facilities and Strong network wireless connection.
These functions make the processor compatible with high-end IoT applications and work conveniently without creating any hindrances in performance or functioning.