Huawei is rolling out a new software update for the Chinese version of Huawei Mate 20 series smartphones. This latest Huawei Mate 20 lineup software update for the popular flagship comes with HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 and an upgrade package size of 0.95GB.
Below you can check all of the Huawei Mate 20 models with HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 update
- Mate 20 HMA-AL00
- Mate 20 HMA-TL00
- Mate 20 Pro LYA-AL00, LYA-AL10
- Mate 20 Pro LYA -TL00
- Mate 20 RS Porsche Design LYA-AL00P
- Mate 20 X (4G) EVR-AL00
- Mate 20 X (4G) EVR-TL00
For your information, The latest Huawei Mate 20 series HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 software update comes in two software packages. The first one includes a number of smart features, while the second one improves system features with optimization for the status bar icons.
Below you can check both of these changelogs:
Software package 1
- Service Center: Adds Service combos to the Discover tab in Service Center (which you can access by swiping up from the bottom corner edges of the screen), allowing you to add service combos to the home screen to use scenario-specific widgets.
- Task Center: Adds the multi-device task management feature to Task Center, allowing you to view, manage, and transfer previous tasks from other devices that support Task Center, are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, and are logged in to the same HUAWEI ID. You can access Task Center by swiping up from the bottom of the screen and holding it.
- Service Widgets: Adds the people album service widget (you can add it to your home screen by swiping up on the Gallery app icon) which loops photos of the person you select. Touch the avatar in the top corner to switch to another person, or touch a photo to open the album of the selected person.
- Input methods: Adds a shortcut icon that you can touch to download and use Celia Keyboard directly.
- AI Voice: Optimizes the Al Voice feature.
- System: Improves the user experience with basic operations, including touch and volume control, and adds support for enlarging home screen icons. Optimizes the system power consumption in certain situations.
- System: optimizes power consumption
Software package 2:
- This update optimizes the user interface of the geographic location icon in the top status bar in some situations.
Furthermore, this software update is rolling out for the Chinese models and will expand gradually for the general consumers running HarmonyOS operating system.
Broadcom BK7235 processor combines with OpenHarmony
Broadcom Integration Group recently launched a new BK7235 high-end processor and merged it with the OpenHarmony operating system. The chipset aims to enhance IoT connectivity and bring new improvements in the security aspects.
And to make these connections more reliable, Broadcom group has integrated a BK7235 processor in the OpenHarmony framework. Accordingly, it will facilitate the operating system with rich storage and a robust security structure.
On the other hand, it can provide numerous immediate options for commercial purposes. For instance, lightweight audio quality, new upgrades for functions, controlling management, and more.
Let’s understand the high-end BK7235 processor in detail.
BK7235 MCU Chipset – Two Versions
Broadcom BK7235 chip is an MCU (micro-controller unit). It has two variants: single-core and dual-core. The single-core chip installs a 656KB RAM and supports 26 GPIOs (General Purpose Input/Output), and a 5V direct power supply. It is appropriate for 5V smart home gadgets.
Meanwhile, the BK7235 dual-core version packs 800KB RAM and a high-speed 8MB Dynamic RAM (DRAM). Further, it supports single and multiple cloud connections, 48 GPIOs, dual microphones, a CIS camera, 16-bit LCD, and significant coding functions.
BK7235 processor – efficiency
Both versions use a self-developed security infrastructure to offer tough security protection for the entire operating system. Aside from the regular security components, the processor also equips the powerful P-384 encryption protocol to access verified algorithms.
It’s worth mentioning that the respective chipset has also qualified for the PSA level 1 safety certification. Hence, it will make useful changes in the OpenHarmony operating system.
Moreover, the processor easily operates and manages common, commercial, and authorized passwords. For instance AES, RSA, ECC, SM2, SM3, SM4, and more. Together, these qualities will help in providing efficient security protection to the IoT and other network devices.
In addition to the magnificent safety functions, the BK7235 chip is eligible for Wi-Fi 6, and Bluetooth 5.2, and supports various third-party network connections. Hence, the chipset could prove a beneficial implementation for the OpenHarmony community.
Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 gets SuperHub feature with HarmonyOS 3 public beta
Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 tablets are grabbing the HarmonyOS 3.0 public beta update along with the smart SuperHub feature. The update also optimizes the system’s stability and improves the overall functioning of the gadget.
According to the information, the latest update for the MatePad Pro 10.8 tablet users is arriving with HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 build version and 1.0GB package size. It is recommended to opt for a standard Wi-Fi network for installing the new firmware.
Moreover, the update is only compatible with the following models:
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 (MRX-AL09)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 (MRX-AL19)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 (MRX-W09)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 (MRX-W19)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 (MRX-W29)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 (MRX-W39)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 5G 10.8 (MRX-AN19)
Speaking of the additions, the fresh update brings the unique SuperHub feature for the Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 tablets. Eventually, this section allows you to easily share various content between different apps and devices.
On the other hand, you can simply drag and drop pictures, texts, documents, links, and more from one app to the SuperHub Transfer feature. Further, the update adds a new mouse pointer icon. This allows you to adjust the speed of the mouse pointer on the tablet.
What else? Well, the new update integrates the latest November 2022 security patch. As a result, you will experience a reliable and more responsive system after feeding the new update to your tablet.
HarmonyOS 3.0 public beta changelog
- Added the SuperHub (Smart Transfer feature) which enables you to share various content between apps and devices. Just long press and drag pictures, texts, links, and more to SuperHub.
- Added a new mouse pointer icon that allows adjusting the speed of the mouse pointer.
- Incorporates the November 2022 security patch to enhance the system security
You can install the latest update through the Settings menu. However, make sure that you have HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 as the baseline version. Also, take a backup of the device beforehand so that the new update may not harm your data.
Huawei MatePad Paper new update brings unique changes to Notes app
Huawei is rolling out a new update for the MatePad Paper global users that brings unique changes to the Notes application. While the update also holds useful optimizations for the device alongside.
The latest Huawei MatePad Paper update is quite interesting as it includes a new Notes app version. Eventually, this new app build will enhance the overall user experience. Besides, it provides a variety of new functions.
To begin with, the Notes app now supports multi-level folder placement. As a result, you can manually assemble the notes and subjects in the folders at your convenience. In addition, the new app version optimizes the syncing and copying features.
Aside from the Notes app, the MatePad Paper update also mends the device system. As of now, users can easily add an app to the sidebar by drag and drop method.
In terms of security, the fresh update brings the September 2022 improvements patch. This is a little strange point, as many of you might be expecting the November 2022 security patch for the tablets.
However, the corresponding patch has its own merits. It fixes 29 system exploits and resolves more than 37 third-party library vulnerabilities. Hence, we will recommend you install the latest firmware.
You can read the full changelog below:
System Applications: Notes
- Updated Notes app to 220.127.116.110 version
- Added multi-level folder feature
- Enhanced syncing function on tablets and phones
- Improves copying long content between pages and notebooks
- Allows bookshelf to group books by user-defined group names
System and Security:
- Enables the user to add an app to the sidebar by tapping and holding the app icon
- Integrates September 2022 security patch
- Increases system security and stability
While the update is appearing through the OTA process, you can sneak into the update section to install the firmware manually.
Although make sure that you have a sufficient amount of space for installation. Besides, keep the battery level above 35%. The update will not harm your essentials. Yet it will be better if you proceed with a backup.