Back in October, Huawei has started recruiting the Huawei P30 and P30 Pro users for EMUI 11 beta testing program in China. After completion of device recruitment for EMUI 11 beta testing, Huawei began the beta build rollouts for participants.
Now, Huawei has finally reached the final stage of EMUI 11 beta testing for P30 and P30 Pro users in China by releasing the stable EMUI 11 OTA existing for the beta tester as well as users running EMUI 10.1. The stable EMUI 11 comes with various new features including MeeTime, smart multi-window, rhythmic ringtones, hide display message, and more.
Aside from China, Huawei has also opened the EMUI 11 beta testing for Huawei P30 and P30 Pro in many regions including Europe, UK, and the Middle East. If we look at the official EMUI 11 roadmap, devices such as Huawei P30 and P30 Pro are scheduled to get EMUI 11 in the first quarter of 2021 in the global market.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
More information regarding EMUI 11 changelog detailed below.
Models receiving EMUI 11 stable version:
- Huawei P30
- Huawei P30 Pro
EMUI 11 changelog:
- Always On Display (AOD): AOD allows users to customize their screen and showcase their personal style by adding text and images to their lock screen.
- MeeTime: Besides HD voice and video calls, MeeTime also you to send encrypted messages and animated emojis, skip forward and backward when playing voice messages, and send groups of images in one go.
- Themes: Added the “Starry Night” theme to take you into the beautiful starry night.
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- System-level translation: Browse foreign language articles or pictures, press with one or two fingers to translate words or paragraphs, freely adjust the translation Area, easy to understand the content, and information.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations bring you a more immersive experience.
- Transparent permission: The application permission pop-up box displays instructions for you to choose to authorize or reject (currently some applications support).
- Blurred app previews: On the recent tasks screen, previews of apps protected by TrustSpace or App Lock are automatically blurred or locked and hidden to protect your private data.
- Hide Display Message: When screencasting in mobile mode, enable the message do not disturb function, which allows the phone’s incoming calls and message banner notifications to be displayed only on the phone interface, which protects the privacy and ensures the continuity of screencasting.
POINTS TO KNOW BEFORE UPDATE:
- Currently, this update is rolling out in batches for Chinese models.
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- We recommend you to back up any important data before updating, safety measures.