Back in October, Huawei has started recruiting the Huawei P30 and P30 Pro users for EMUI 11 beta testing program in China. After completion of device recruitment for EMUI 11 beta testing, Huawei began the beta build rollouts for participants.
Now, Huawei has finally reached the final stage of EMUI 11 beta testing for P30 and P30 Pro users in China by releasing the stable EMUI 11 OTA existing for the beta tester as well as users running EMUI 10.1. The stable EMUI 11 comes with various new features including MeeTime, smart multi-window, rhythmic ringtones, hide display message, and more.
Aside from China, Huawei has also opened the EMUI 11 beta testing for Huawei P30 and P30 Pro in many regions including Europe, UK, and the Middle East. If we look at the official EMUI 11 roadmap, devices such as Huawei P30 and P30 Pro are scheduled to get EMUI 11 in the first quarter of 2021 in the global market.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
More information regarding EMUI 11 changelog detailed below.
Models receiving EMUI 11 stable version:
- Huawei P30
- Huawei P30 Pro
EMUI 11 changelog:
- Always On Display (AOD): AOD allows users to customize their screen and showcase their personal style by adding text and images to their lock screen.
- MeeTime: Besides HD voice and video calls, MeeTime also you to send encrypted messages and animated emojis, skip forward and backward when playing voice messages, and send groups of images in one go.
- Themes: Added the “Starry Night” theme to take you into the beautiful starry night.
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- System-level translation: Browse foreign language articles or pictures, press with one or two fingers to translate words or paragraphs, freely adjust the translation Area, easy to understand the content, and information.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations bring you a more immersive experience.
- Transparent permission: The application permission pop-up box displays instructions for you to choose to authorize or reject (currently some applications support).
- Blurred app previews: On the recent tasks screen, previews of apps protected by TrustSpace or App Lock are automatically blurred or locked and hidden to protect your private data.
- Hide Display Message: When screencasting in mobile mode, enable the message do not disturb function, which allows the phone’s incoming calls and message banner notifications to be displayed only on the phone interface, which protects the privacy and ensures the continuity of screencasting.
POINTS TO KNOW BEFORE UPDATE:
- Currently, this update is rolling out in batches for Chinese models.
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- We recommend you to back up any important data before updating, safety measures.
Huawei P30 Lite July 2021 security update rolling out
Huawei P30 Lite July 2021 security update is now rolling out for the users. This new software update has a new security update. However, there are no other changes that have been spotted in the software build. According to the Huaweiblog, the EMUI 10.0.0.491 software update for the Huawei P30 Lite is rolling out in Europe. Therefore, it may take some time to reach out to every P30 lite owner in the region as well as in the global market.
Huawei P30 Lite July 2021 security patch comes with several fixes for the threats and vulnerabilities that could half your personal data. Therefore, we recommend you install this upgrade as soon as it appears.
If you want to update the latest Huawei P30 Lite July 2021 security, visit system settings, go to Software & updates, tap on Check for updates and then download updates.
(image source – Huaweiblog)
However, it’s recommended that you keep sufficient storage before upgrading to the latest EMUI version. Keep an adequate amount of battery levels on your phone and connected to the internet while downloading the update package.
Huawei P30 lite comes with a triple camera system that helps you take amazing photos. The has a Kirin 710F processor and runs EMUI 8.1 out of the box. Since its unveiling, the phone has received two major software updates – EMUI 9 and EMUI 10. However, the phone didn’t receive EMUI 11.
On the other hand, the phone in China is eligible for the HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system. Still, there’s no confirmation about its global major upgrade, which is highly awaited by the consumers.
How to update:
Huawei P30 Lite July 2021 update is rolling out gradually and you can download it via the settings > System & software > software update > Check for Updates. If an update is available, it’ll pop up on your screen. Before downloading the latest software update, you need to maintain a sufficient amount of storage on your device. Back up important to prevent an uncertain action and keep your phone charged to prevent low power issue.
TCL’s latest phone runs Huawei EMUI 12 software system
A few weeks ago, Chinese electronics maker – TCL launched its latest smartphone – FFALCOn Thunderbird FF1 smartphone with a full view display and rear triple camera system. And recent exposure to news reveals that this TCL phone comes with a Huawei EMUI 12 software system.
According to the Weibo tipster – WHYLAB, TCL Thunderbird smartphones come with pre-installed Huawei EMUI 12 software. The screenshots shared by the blogger confirm that the device has EMUI 12.0.1. However, there’s no confirmation about its relationship with HarmonyOS or Android.
Huawei EMUI 12 comes with a brand new user interface that is designed similar to the HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system. The UI is completely renovated with maximized additions and animations in the UX. However, Huawei has not revealed any specific rollout dates for this new EMUI version.
If you want to learn more about the EMUI 12 software, check out our detailed EMUI 12 article linked below.
TCL has partnered with Huawei to sell its latest smartphone, this new model is available to purchase through Huawei’s online stores. Furthermore, TCL is not selling devices on its official store instead it gave it directly to the Chinese tech giant.
Featuring a curved edge minimal-bezel design, this smartphone has a 6.67-inch screen with a high refresh rate of 120 Hz. The display has a pill-shaped design on the front, meanwhile, the square camera module houses a triple camera design with an LED flash at the back.
It offers 5G network accessibility with the support of the Snapdragon 690 chipset. Besides, its two beautiful colors give it a more graceful look. Furthermore, its rear lenses include a 64MP primary camera with f/1.9, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera of f/2.4 with 120 degrees, and a 2MP macro lens of f/2.4.
In terms of charging, its 4300mAh battery supports 66W fast charging. Moreover, it only takes 17 minutes to complete 60% charging and 40 minutes for a complete charge. In addition, the power button mounts a fingerprint scanner that can also enable the voice assistant.
Huawei P20 global users gets July 2021 security update
Huawei is releasing a new software update for the global consumers of the P20 device. This latest software rollout brings July 2021 security patch and comes with EMUI 10 version 10.0.0.192. The July 2021 Huawei P20 security update is currently rolling out in Europe and may expand to more models soon. (via Huaweiblog)
Huawei P20 and P20 Pro are eligible to receive HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system upgrades in China. However, Huawei has not confirmed any such treatment for global users.
Coming back to this software update, the latest Huawei P20 series update is available to download via the following instructions. Visit, Settings > System & updates > Software update > CHECK FOR UPDATES. If an update is available for your model, click on “download and install” and the update package will be download.
However, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind while upgrading to the latest Huawei P20 July 2021 update. First, backup your important data, so you won’t lose any of it. Although, the upgrade procedure won’t erase your date but it’s recommended.
Maintain enough storage on your device to store the update package, and keep the phone charged sufficiently, so it won’t run out of power during the installation procedure.
(image source – Huaweiblog)
Launched in 2018, Huawei P20 and P20 Pro sports new AI-powered photography features. The Pro model is the first smartphone in the world to come with a triple camera system. In terms of software, Huawei P20 and P20 Pro come with EMUI 8.1 and after a number of major upgrades, the software version reached EMUI 10 (Android 10).
The latest rollout for the Huawei P20 lineup shows that the company still wants to keep the device study and provide better security as well as stable performance. Furthermore, this may be a step towards the global HarmonyOS opening? However, we’ll have to wait for more confirmation regarding this matter.
Until then, we’ll keep you posted.