Huawei’s quarterly security patch update programs include patches for the Android OS and patches for Huawei devices released by Huawei.
HUAWEI P series:
- Huawei P9 Lite mini
- Huawei P Smart
HUAWEI Y series:
- Huawei Y9 2019
- Huawei Y9 2018
- Huawei Y6 2019
- Huawei Y6 2018
- Huawei Y5 2019
- Huawei Y5 2018
- Huawei Y5 Prime 2018
- Huawei Y5 Lite
- Huawei Y5 Lite 2018
- Huawei Y3 2018
- Honor View20
- Honor 10
- Honor 10i
- Honor 10 Lite
- Honor Play
- Honor 8A
- Honor 8X
- Honor 8S
- Honor 7S
HUAWEI nova series:
- Huawei nova 4
- Huawei nova 3
- Huawei nova 3i
- Huawei nova 2i
- Huawei Mediapad M5 (8.4″ & 10.8″)
- Huawei Mediapad M5 Pro
- Huawei Mediapad T5 (10.1″)
- Huawei Mediapad M5 Lite (10.1″)
The release time of security patches may vary depending on the region and device model. The number of device models with quarterly security patch updates is subject to change.
Huawei P30 Lite December 2021 update rolling out
Huawei P30 Lite smartphone has started receiving December 2021 software updates in the global market. However, this software update is rolling out in batches and has currently been spotted in European markets. According to the information, the Huawei P30 lite December 2021 update has an EMUI version 10.0.0.532 and an updated package size of 128MB. However, the software size and update version may vary depending on the market and the smartphone model. (via – huaweiblog)
On the other hand, the Huawei P30 Lite has not been selected for EMUI 12 rollout process as it’s not mentioned in the eligible device list. Also, the latest software update comes with improved system stability, so it’s recommended for you install it as soon as it appears on your device.
With a limited rollout, the update is currently under the initial stage and will expand further in the coming weeks. So, if you haven’t already received the software for your P30 Lite device, then do check the update section via the instructions given below.
List of Changes
- This update improves system security with security patches.
- Integrates security patches released in December 2021 for improved system security.
How to update your smartphone:
Before you head to download the Huawei P30 Lite December 2021 software update just make sure to follow the below-mentioned steps.
It’s recommended that you make a backup of important data, as the update won’t remove your data but it’ll surely prevent the chances of something happening. On the other hand, maintain sufficient storage on your phone to download and store the update package, which will be deleted automatically once the update installation concludes.
How to download this software update:
Huawei consumers can download the latest software version by visiting the Settings, System & updates > from here you can tap on Software updates > now tap on CHECK FOR UPDATES. Wait while the system check for available software rollouts, if available the system will pop a screen with an update and changelog information, from here tap on DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL.
Huawei P40 Pro January 2022 HarmonyOS update rolling out
Huawei has started to rollout the first January 2022 HarmonyOS security update for the P40 Pro and Pro Plus smartphones in China. This software mainly improves the overall security of the devices running on the HarmonyOS 2 operating system comes with software version 126.96.36.199.
However, this is an early awakening for the company as it moves towards the next launch of HarmonyOS 3.0 in the first quarter of this year. Meanwhile, we could expect the Chinese tech maker will only reveal a beta software update, followed by months of testing for other suits rounds of testing.
The software update is available for the following Huawei P40 series models:
- Huawei P40 Pro 5G – ELS-AN00
- Huawei P40 Pro 5G – ELS-TN00
- Huawei P40 Pro+5G – ELS-AN10
Huawei P40 Pro series January 2022 HarmonyOS security update is expanding gradually among the consumers and it can be downloaded by visiting Settings > System & updates, followed by the Software updates then tapping on CHECK FOR UPDATES and letting the phone check for the latest rollout.
If a software update is available, press DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL, then wait while the update installs on your smartphone. Meanwhile, you can take the following precautions to avoid any uncertainty on your smartphone.
First, you need to backup important data on your device to prevent any important data loss. Next, you are suggested to keep an optimum amount of free storage on your device to download and store the OTA update package.
Aside from the Chinese version, the global variants of the Huawei P40 series have started receiving stable EMUI 12 software updates. The latest version of EMUI brings a number of new functionalities for your Huawei P40 smartphone including a new user interface better, in hand features, and smoother operations throughout the software.
Huawei EMUI 12 changelog, check all new features
Two months ago, Huawei started testing the latest EMUI 12 under the early access program for the consumers. However, recently the tech maker has concluded the EMUI 12 beta testing for some of its top Huawei flagship phones and rolled stable updates, of which, you can check the complete changelog along with its newest features.
Huawei has started to send stable EMUI 12 beta software update for the Huawei Mate 40 Pro, P40 series, and Mate 30 Pro smartphones in the global market. According to the changelog, the Huawei EMUI 12 update, not only brings a new user interface but also has a brand new user experience.
For your information, this new software update is expanding in batches and you may have to wait to get this loaded on your phone. Therefore, keep checking for the software update via the instructions given below.
To download the latest software update, open the Settings app, visit System & updates, visit Software updates and then tap on “CHECK FOR UPDATES“. If an update is available, it’ll pop up on your smartphone and highlight the option “DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL“. Afterward, the update will begin to install and restart your device.
So, without further ado, you can now check the Huawei EMUI 12 changelog mentioned below.
- Supports more flexible font adjustment, allowing you to adjust the font size and weight with a slider.
- Applies the concept of neuromorphism to UI elements by using simple color tones, shadows, and highlights to create a more realistic effect.
- Supports touching and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make the apps within them easier to access.
Notification Panel and Control Panel:
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the Notifications panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel for shortcuts.
- Adds an audio control section to the Control Panel to make it easy to switch between different audio devices and apps. Allows you to quickly activate cross-screen cooperation by tapping icons for Huawei laptops and tablets in the “Device +” area of the control panel.
Smart life in all scenarios
- Adds a mobile phone-laptop collaborative authentication feature, which allows you to unlock your phone by entering the phone’s screen unlock password on your Huawei laptop when your phone and laptop are connected via Multi-Screen Collaboration.
Cross-device file management:
- Supports access to documents or images on the phone via a laptop without having to connect the two devices with a data cable.
- Improves the transmission speed of Huawei Share for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops