Wow, Huawei has now released a new software update for the Huawei Watch 3 series that brings major features. This update comes a month after the last rollout that also had a very big changelog lots of new features for this HarmonyOS powered smartwatch.
This new major software features update for the Huawei Watch 3 comes with HarmonyOS 2.0 version 126.96.36.199. The entire firmware package comes under the size of 258 megabytes that you can download via OTA on your smartphone.
Most interestingly, this update makes the users happy due to the plenty of big addition to the changelog including the new sleep mode that helps to greatly minimize the disturbance while sleeping. The update adds a real-time data sync option for other smart devices in the Huawei device ecosystem.
This update also installs new keyboard input for watch music search and Celia voice assistant is getting new featured commands for different types of works.
Furthermore, you can now choose to play music via a Bluetooth headset or watch. Wait! There’s more on this rollout, the update added optimization to the watch’s system including do not disturb mode, and helps you to get the most out of this watch by improving the system stability.
One thing you should know that this update is currently released in China and may expand for the global users just like the last version.
You can check the complete changelog linked below followed by the updates notes:
Huawei Watch 3 HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 update changelog:
- Added sleep mode. It can be entered in the shortcut menu. After the sleep mode is turned on, the calls and notifications will be muted and the screen will not turn on when the wrist is raised (except for the alarm clock). At the same time, the dial enters the simplified mode, which can make the battery life longer.
- After the mobile phone is connected to the watch and sports equipment at the same time, the data linkage between the watch and the sports equipment can be realized (iOS phones do not support it).
- In sports scenarios, it can be linked with Huawei smart screen, and the heart rate, calories, and other data monitored by the watch can be synchronized to the smart screen display in real-time (only Huawei smart screen X series, V series, S series are supported, and the smart screen needs to be upgraded to 2.0. 0.5XX and above, iOS phones do not support).
- Added keyboard input in watch music search.
- The voice assistant adds features such as guessing riddles, playing idiom solitaire, checking travel restrictions, finding mobile phones, and invoking remote control to take pictures.
- Click the “More Settings” (four dots) button on the watch music playback interface, and you can freely choose to play via Bluetooth headset or watch.
- In the Do Not Disturb mode, support the screen to turn on when you raise your wrist and solve the problem that the screen does not turn on when you turn on Do Not Disturb when you raise your wrist.
- Optimize system stability in some situations.
How to update your Huawei Watch 3:
- After configuring the WiFi for the watch, tap the upper button on the watch, and select Settings> System and Update> Software Update from the options.
- Click Check for updates and follow the prompts to complete the watch software version update.
- Please keep the power of the device greater than 45% before the upgrade installation
- Please ensure that the WLAN is connected during the upgrade process
- 1. In order to get a better user experience, please go to the Huawei App Market to update the “Sports and Health” app to the latest version.
2. Please keep the network connection during the update process, if the update fails, please try again.
3. The update process of the wearable device may be longer, please wait patiently for the progress bar on the device side to complete, the device will automatically restart after the system is updated
Huawei P30 Pro (EMUI 12) getting May 2022 update
The Huawei P30 Pro May 2022 update improves system security and optimizes your phone’s user experience. Therefore, it’s recommended for you install this software update as soon as it appears on your device.
It’s quite good to see that Huawei is sending the latest security patch for such an important flagship. So, we could expect more optimizations coming toward Huawei P30 Pro in the future.
The latest Huawei P30 Pro in the global market comes with EMUI 12 version – 184.108.40.206 and 225 megabytes of package size. The software update could be downloaded via the Settings menu and on the other way, you can download it through the My Huawei app.
Thanks to the tipster – Bonta for this amazing tip
Installed EMUI 12?
If you haven’t already, we suggest you install EMUI 12 on your Huawei P30 and P30 Pro smartphone. Since, there is a various new functionality that will increase your user experience featuring the new control panel, brand new animations, and better performance as compared to EMUI 11.
To recall, Huawei has previously released a new software patch for Huawei P30 devices that contains fixes for issues where the ringtone settings for incoming calls would not take effect in certain scenarios.
In the Chinese market, Huawei has updated P30 devices with the latest HarmonyOS security patch.
Huawei P30 Pro:
Huawei P30 Pro equips a 6.47-inch display with an OLED panel and FHD+ resolution (2340 x 1080 pixels) resolution. The phone is water, splash, and dust resistant to safeguard your device in different conditions.
The P30 Pro is powered by Kirin 980 processor with octa-core architecture – 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.6GHz+ 2
x Cortex-A76 Based 1.92GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.8GHz as well as dual NPUs for fastest AI processing.
Don’t forget that the Huawei P30 Pro boasts a Leica quad-camera including 40 MP (Wide Angle Lens, f/1.6 aperture, OIS) + 20 MP (Ultra Wide Angle Lens, f/2.2 aperture) + 8 MP (Telephoto, f/3.4 aperture, OIS) and Time-of-Flight(TOF) Camera. There’s a 32MP camera on the front to take high-quality selfies in various scenarios.
Huawei P50 is getting HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 upgrade
The standard Huawei P50 is now receiving HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 software update in China. This update primarily optimizes system stability to make the flagship run smother and execute tasks on time. Huawei P50 users are recommended to install this software update as soon as it arrives.
This is another software update that Huawei is rolling out to improve this flagship device and deliver better to the consumers. However, the phone is only available for the Chinese market and Huawei P50 Pro has already on sale in the overseas market.
Coming to the details, Huawei P50 HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 software update could be downloaded by visiting Settings > System & updates > then tap on the Software update section, followed by the check for updates button. From here let the phone check for the available firmware version and fetch them down for you.
Be mentioned, Huawei P50 Pro in the global market comes with EMUI 12 software, which on the other hand, runs solely on HarmonyOS in China. According to previous details, Huawei P50 series phones could be the first ones to test HarmonyOS 3.0, when it comes out.
Talking about the standard Huawei P50, the phone features a flat panel display, and a powerful camera system consisting of two large circles to house the cameras. While the design of the phone remains intriguing in all aspects. The P50 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset but only with 4G connectivity.
(via – Huawei)
Huawei Watch Fit New is collecting May 2022 firmware
Huawei Watch Fit New is receiving May 2022 firmware update that comes with brand new optimizations for features as well as core services to enhance your user experience. In terms of details, the Huawei Watch Fit New May 2022 firmware has optimization for the display effect of some UI elements including icons. Therefore, it’s recommended for you install this software update.
According to the changelog, Huawei Watch Fit New latest software update comes with firmware version 126.96.36.199 upgrading from firmware 188.8.131.52. The second model of the Huawei Watch Fit New is getting this software update with firmware version 184.108.40.206 upgrading from 220.127.116.11.
Let’s take a look at the changelog:
- Optimize the display effect of some interfaces and icons
- Optimize the operation prompts of some scenes
Similar to the Huawei Watch Fit, Huawei Watch Fit New is also receiving this software update in China. Therefore, you will have to wait to get this software update in the global market.
To check for updates, you need to open the Huawei Health app, then connect your Huawei Watch Fit, navigate towards the firmware update section and then tap on Download and Install option to get this software update.
However, you should note that the entire upgrade process will take some time and we suggest you get this update on board as soon as it arrives on your smartphone.