Wow, Huawei has now released a new software update for the Huawei Watch 3 series that brings major features. This update comes a month after the last rollout that also had a very big changelog lots of new features for this HarmonyOS powered smartwatch.
This new major software features update for the Huawei Watch 3 comes with HarmonyOS 2.0 version 188.8.131.52. The entire firmware package comes under the size of 258 megabytes that you can download via OTA on your smartphone.
Most interestingly, this update makes the users happy due to the plenty of big addition to the changelog including the new sleep mode that helps to greatly minimize the disturbance while sleeping. The update adds a real-time data sync option for other smart devices in the Huawei device ecosystem.
This update also installs new keyboard input for watch music search and Celia voice assistant is getting new featured commands for different types of works.
Furthermore, you can now choose to play music via a Bluetooth headset or watch. Wait! There’s more on this rollout, the update added optimization to the watch’s system including do not disturb mode, and helps you to get the most out of this watch by improving the system stability.
One thing you should know that this update is currently released in China and may expand for the global users just like the last version.
You can check the complete changelog linked below followed by the updates notes:
Huawei Watch 3 HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 update changelog:
- Added sleep mode. It can be entered in the shortcut menu. After the sleep mode is turned on, the calls and notifications will be muted and the screen will not turn on when the wrist is raised (except for the alarm clock). At the same time, the dial enters the simplified mode, which can make the battery life longer.
- After the mobile phone is connected to the watch and sports equipment at the same time, the data linkage between the watch and the sports equipment can be realized (iOS phones do not support it).
- In sports scenarios, it can be linked with Huawei smart screen, and the heart rate, calories, and other data monitored by the watch can be synchronized to the smart screen display in real-time (only Huawei smart screen X series, V series, S series are supported, and the smart screen needs to be upgraded to 2.0. 0.5XX and above, iOS phones do not support).
- Added keyboard input in watch music search.
- The voice assistant adds features such as guessing riddles, playing idiom solitaire, checking travel restrictions, finding mobile phones, and invoking remote control to take pictures.
- Click the “More Settings” (four dots) button on the watch music playback interface, and you can freely choose to play via Bluetooth headset or watch.
- In the Do Not Disturb mode, support the screen to turn on when you raise your wrist and solve the problem that the screen does not turn on when you turn on Do Not Disturb when you raise your wrist.
- Optimize system stability in some situations.
How to update your Huawei Watch 3:
- After configuring the WiFi for the watch, tap the upper button on the watch, and select Settings> System and Update> Software Update from the options.
- Click Check for updates and follow the prompts to complete the watch software version update.
- Please keep the power of the device greater than 45% before the upgrade installation
- Please ensure that the WLAN is connected during the upgrade process
- 1. In order to get a better user experience, please go to the Huawei App Market to update the “Sports and Health” app to the latest version.
2. Please keep the network connection during the update process, if the update fails, please try again.
3. The update process of the wearable device may be longer, please wait patiently for the progress bar on the device side to complete, the device will automatically restart after the system is updated