At the moment, Huawei is involved in many activities like preparation of upcoming launches, HarmonyOS for smartphones, EMUI 11 rollout, and more. Aside from this, the company is also delivering security patches for its existing devices for improved system security.
Now, Huawei Nova 8 SE smartphone started receiving a new software that installs the security patch released in March 2021. It fixes different levels of exploits and issues, which protects the device against threats.
Huawei Nova 8 SE smartphone users can identify this update with the EMUI version 10.1.1.151 upgraded from 10.1.1.150.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
About Huawei Nova 8 SE:
In November 2020, Huawei has revealed the Nova 8 SE smartphone in two variants on the mainland. It sports a 6.53-inch display with 2400 x 1080 resolution, EMUI 10.1, MediaTek Dimensity 720/800U processor, 64MP rear camera, 16MP selfie camera, 3800mAh battery, and more.
Security: Integrates the Android security patch released in March 2021.
March 2021 Security Patch Details: This security patch fixes 2 critical, 13 high, and 132 medium levels of CVEs for improved system security.
Key points to users before Update:
- The device must have a better battery backup to install this update that is a minimum of 50%.
- It’s compulsory to check your storage availability(Internal/External SDcard) to download the latest update as per its size required
- A strong WiFi/mobile data connection is required for a buffer-free download of the package.
CHECK FOR UPDATE:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on System & updates
- Tap Software update
- Tap Check for Updates
- Download and Install
- Install and restart your device
ALTERNATIVELY, VIA SUPPORT:
- Open the Support app
- Go to the Services tab
- Tap on Update
- Download and Install
- Install and restart your phone
EMUI 12: Minimalist User interface design
Huawei has started to rollout EMUI 12 software updates for eligible devices and the company is bringing a number of new features for the consumers. However, any major update has at least some changes in the user interface. Therefore, the company is bringing a new Minimalist design in the EMUI 12 update that you’ll love to see.
In terms of the user interface, EMUI 12 Minimalist user interface design could be taken as a major upgrade compared to the EMUI 11. If we compare further, the software interface is directly inspired and looks identical to HarmonyOS operating system that is currently limited for Chinese consumers.
Aside from these, we’re here to explore more about EMUI 12 Minimalist design algorithm that Huawei has brought in.
The first thing to mention – depth sense in the user interface that brings a new kind of feel in the entire UI that the user looks and feels during the interaction.
These changes reflect directly on the user interface that looks realistic and provides a subtle 3D effect of the onscreen content.
The colors have also been revamped through these changes and boast a refined look that is clean and increases visibility for your eyes. Meanwhile, the perfect use of black and white colors is thematics is perfect.
Huawei P40 Series Software Updates [January 17, 2022]
In March 2020, Huawei introduced its new P series flagship – Huawei P40, consisting of Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro Plus. Additionally, this phone series also has a lite version.
These phones (except P40 lite) come with a new overflow display with a punch hole to the house selfie camera, Kirin 990 5G chipsets, a new design including triple, quad, and Penta camera systems.
Huawei P40 series are the first smartphones to come with EMUI 10.1 (Android 10) out of the box and users can upgrade it to EMUI 11. In the meantime, Huawei has opened the enrollment of Huawei P40 and P40 Pro smartphones for the HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta program.
To improve this flagship, Huawei every month sends software updates to improve this lineup, and once a year, the phone receives OS updates. In this article, you can capture all of the Huawei P40 series software updates, changes, improvements, made to its firmware.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
LATEST UPDATES: CHANGELOGS AND VERSION TIMELINE
January 11, 2022:
- Huawei P40 Lite E (EMUI 10.1) receiving December 2021 security update. Know more
January 8, 2022:
- Breaking: Stable EMUI 12 update rollout begins for Huawei P40 series. Know more
January 7, 2022:
- Huawei P40 Lite (EMUI 10.1) is receiving December 2021 security update. Know more
December 30, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G (EMUI 10.1) gets November 2021 EMUI update. Know more
December 17, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G getting first EMUI 12 beta features upgrade know more.
December 14, 2021:
- First EMUI 12 beta update for Huawei P40 Lite rolling out know more.
December 13, 2021:
- Huawei P40 series December 2021 EMUI security update is now expanding in Europe know more.
December 9, 2021:
- EMUI 18.104.22.168 update for Huawei P40 series brings December 2021 security know more.
December 7, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite starts EMUI 12 beta recruitment [Global]
December 4, 2021:
- EMUI 12 beta test started for Huawei P40 Lite 5G know more.
December 3, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G gets October 2021 security, EMUI 12 beta about to start know more.
December 1, 2021:
- Huawei P40 series installs December 2021 security patch via new update [CN]
November 30, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite (EMUI 10.1) getting November 2021 security update
November 22, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite E (EMUI 10.1) getting October 2021 security update
November 17, 2021:
- Huawei P40 series installing November 2021 security update [China]
November 11, 2021:
- Huawei P40 (EMUI 11) gets October update, EMUI 12 Beta opens up
November 4, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite gets October 2021 update, EMUI 12?
October 19, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Series October 2021 update adds battery improvements and more [HarmonyOS]
October 1, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite September 2021 update rolling out in Europe know more.
September 29, 2021:
- Huawei P40 September 2021 security patch rolling [Global]
September 25, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite is receiving September 2021 update know more.
September 12, 2021:
- Home screen icon size customization feature rolling out for Huawei P40 (CN)
September 8, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G July 2021 security update dispatched know more.
September 7, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite (EMUI 10.1) getting July 2021 update.
September 2, 2021:
- September 2021 update for Huawei P40 and Mate 30 fixes app bug and install new security [CN]
August 30, 2021:
- Huawei P40 series global users receiving July 2021 security update, major rollout awaited know more.
August 16, 2021:
- Huawei P40 lite and P40 Lite 5G gets new update, the Chinese version has HarmonyOS know more.
August 9, 2021:
- Huawei P40 and Mate 40 Pro (EMUI) getting June security [Europe]
August 2, 2021:
- Huawei P40 series (EMUI 11) getting June 2021 security update [Global]
July 23, 2021:
- New Huawei P40 series battery optimization rolling out (HM OS 2)
- HM OS 2 update released for all Huawei P40 models [CN]
July 10, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G (EMUI 10.1) grabbing May 2021 security improvements know more.
- New app, system and security improvements released for Huawei P40 Lite (EMUI 10.1)
July 9, 2021:
- May 2021 security update expanding for Huawei P40 series smartphones know more.
June 29, 2021:
- Huawei P40 smartphones began receiving May 2021 security improvement [Europe]
June 22, 2021:
- Battery life and Wi-Fi improvements rolling out for Huawei P40, Mate 40 and Mate X2 HarmonyOS 2 testers know more.
June 15, 2021:
- Latest update brings April 2021 security patch for Huawei P40 Lite smartphone know more.
June 12, 2021:
- April 2021 security update expanding for Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro Plus in Europe know more.
June 9, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G smartphone starts getting April 2021 security improvements to know more.
June 2, 2021:
- Global users of the Huawei P40 series receiving April security, while waiting for HarmonyOS begins to know more.
May 28, 2021:
- Huawei P40, P40 Pro and P40 Pro Plus getting Bluetooth connectivity, security and other important optimizations know more.
May 20, 2021:
- March 2021 security update rolling out for Huawei P40 Lite smartphone know more.
May 1, 2021:
- March 2021 security update rolling out for Huawei P40 Lite 5G smartphone know more.
April 26, 2021:
- March 2021 security and MeeTime optimization rolling out for Huawei P40 Pro in Europe know more.
April 21, 2021:
- March 2021 security update rolling out for Huawei P40 lineup smartphones know more.
April 20, 2021:
- March 2021 security update expanding for Huawei P40 and P40 Pro in Europe know more.
April 16, 2021:
- Huawei P40 lite 5G starts grabbing February 2021 security improvements know more.
April 12, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Pro getting March 2021 security improvement via new update know more.
March 27, 2021:
- Display, January and February 2021 updates rolling out for Huawei P40 Lite users know more.
March 26, 2021:
- February 2021 security updates rolling out for Huawei P40 Pro and Mate 30 Pro on EMUI 11 [Global Model]
March 24, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite getting a new software update with February 2021 security patch know more.
March 18, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite on EMUI 10.1 receiving new security improvements know more.
March 15, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G on EMUI 10.1 getting a new software with security improvements know more.
March 1, 2021:
- Huawei P40 smartphones on EMUI 11 receiving a new software update with security improvements know more.
February 26, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G on EMUI 10.1 getting a new software update with display, system, and security improvements know more.
February 10, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite received December 2020 security update, no confirmation about EMUI 11 know more.
January 26, 2021
- Huawei P40, P40 Pro, P40 Pro+ users in Europe getting December security update know more.
January 9, 2021:
- Amid doubts on EMUI 11 eligibility, Huawei P40 Lite users grab a new security patch know more.
December 25, 2020:
- New Flash File Transfer feature update rolling out for Huawei P40 know more.
- Breaking: First HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta rolling for Huawei P40 and Mate 30 devices know more.
December 24, 2020:
EMUI 10.1.1.208 update released for Huawei P40 Lite 5G users with November 2020 security update that fixes 3 critical and 15 high levels of CVE’s for system security enhancement.
December 18, 2020:
EMUI 22.214.171.124 stable EMUI 11 version released for Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro+, which comes with EMUI 11 features including always-on display (AOD), multiwindow mode, smoother animations, subtle effect, super notepad, and more. (Europe)
December 16, 2020:
Huawei has released the HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta version and starts recruiting Huawei P40 and P40 Pro smartphones for HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta program.
December 9, 2020:
EMUI 126.96.36.199 version released for Huawei P40 series users with optimizations for system stability and smart screen.
November 30, 2020:
EMUI 10.1.1.203 software update for Huawei P40 Lite 5G getting October 2020 security update, which improves system security.
November 28, 2020:
EMUI 188.8.131.52 update for Huawei P40 series beta tester, which brings Starry Night themes, AI air control, and improves the smart multi-window for user experience enhancement.
EMUI 10.1.0.248 version rolling out for Huawei P40 Lite users that brings the October 2020 security patch, which fixes the different levels of exploits and issues.
November 10, 2020:
EMUI 184.108.40.206 stable EMUI 11 version released for Huawei P40 series users on EMUI 10.1.0.162 and beta tester on EMUI 220.127.116.11. This update brings the new EMUI 11 features to provide a better user experience.
November 5, 2020:
EMUI 10.1.1.197 version pushed for Huawei P40 Lite 5G getting September 2020 security update that improves system security.
November 3, 2020:
EMUI 10.1.0.182 update released for Huawei P40 series in Europe with October 2020 security update for system security improvements.
October 29, 2020:
EMUI 18.104.22.168 public beta version kicked off for Huawei P40 series that enhances the video editing function, optimize Bluetooth experience, system stability as well as installed the October 2020 security patch.
October 27, 2020:
EMUI 10.1.0.162 update for Huawei P40 series, which comes October 2020 security patch that fixes the different level of exploits and issues to enhance the system security.
October 15, 2020:
EMUI 22.214.171.124 first beta update released for Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro+ in Romania and France. Users of these devices now eligible to get the latest features including new always-on display themes, improved multi-window mode, new animation effect, and more important features.
September 29, 2020:
Huawei has begun to recruit new users to test EMUI 11 beta in the UK for Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro+. These devices owners can now enroll for EMUI 11 project.
September 28, 2020:
EMUI 126.96.36.199 second beta version rolling out for Huawei P40 series, which improves multi-window, notepad and optimizes vibration feedback.
September 20, 2020:
Huawei has started to recruit Huawei P40, P40 Pro, P40 Pro+, and Mate 30 Pro users for the EMUI 11 beta testing in Russia. Giving these users an opportunity to test the new features of EMUI 11 ahead of public release.
September 18, 2020:
EMUI 10.1.0.236 version pushed for Huawei P40 lite users that install August 2020 security patch for better system security and added Petal search box to the home screen.
September 10, 2020:
EMUI 188.8.131.52 first beta update released for Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro+. This first EMUI 11 beta build brings new smart Always on Display, improved multi-window mode, smoother animations, better multi-screen collaboration, and more
August 31, 2020: Huawei P40 series receiving August EMUI security in the UK
August 18, 2020: August 2020 security update starts to roll out for Hauwei P40 series
Huawei Nova 5T EMUI 12 update changelog
Huawei global consumers are waiting for their turn to test the brand new EMUI 12 software. Meanwhile, Huawei has begun the EMUI 12 beta testing program for popular smartphones including flagship devices.
In terms of popularity, the first choice is Huawei Nova 5T alongside flagships smartphones. Last November, Huawei confirmes the Nova 5T eligibility for EMUI 12 software system. Since then, Huawei Nova 5T is under EMUI 12 beta testing and receiving beta build via OTA update.
One thing to be noted, Huawei Nova 5T EMUI 12 beta is only available to users, who have participated in EMUI 12 beta testing through the Huawei Beta app. Meanwhile, the corresponding device users have to wait a bit longer to install the EMUI 12.
Coming to Huawei Nova 5T EMUI 12 changelog, brings features that will provide you with a new user experience thanks to the environment that is inspired by HarmonyOS operating system. The set of offerings consists of a fresh user interface that has a separate notification and control panel as well as functionalities such as new fonts.
More interestingly, EMUI 12 also has a multi-device file management system, Huawei Share as well as a cooperative authentication function between smartphones and laptops. To know more about the EMUI 12 beta features, check the full changelog below and explore the details.
Huawei Nova 5T EMUI 12 Changelog:
- Supports more flexible font adjustment, in which you can adjust the font size and width with a slider.
- Applies the concept of neuromorphic to UI elements. Simple colors, tones, shadows, and highlights are used to achieve a more realistic effect.
- Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make the apps within them easier to access.
Notification Panel and Control Panel:
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the Notifications panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel for shortcuts.
- Adds an audio control area to the control panel to make it easy to switch between different audio devices and apps. Allows you to quickly activate cross-screen cooperation by tapping symbols for Huawei laptops and tablets in the “Device +” area of the control panel.
- Adds a cooperative authentication function between cellphones and laptops, which allows you to unlock your phone by entering the screen unlock password for the phone on Huawei laptop when the phone and laptop are connected through cross-screen cooperation are.
Multi-device file management:
- Supports access to documents or pictures on the phone via a laptop without connecting the two devices with a data cable.
- Improves the transfer speed of Huawei Share for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops