At IFA 2019, Huawei introduced the world’s first Bluetooth 5.1 and Bluetooth Low Energy 5.1 wearable chipset – Kirin A1. At the stage, Huawei also unveiled new TWS earbuds – Huawei FreeBuds 3 powered by this Kirin processor.
Following the event, Huawei unveiled its first smartwatch equipped with Kirin A1 named Huawei Watch GT 2 that can provide up to 2 Weeks of battery backup.
Aside from these two products Huawei also used it in some new wearables including Watch GT 2e, Gentle Monster Eyewear, and Honor MagicWatch 2.
However, there’s also room for more. Because a new report from 91Mobiles suggests that Huawei will bring some new product that will feature Kirin A1.
According to the report, Huawei will launch new headphones, smart eyewear, and smart speaker powered by Kirin A1 chipset with an expected launch in 2020 and 2021.
This information is given by Huawei’s Director of Wearable and Audio Product Marketing, Zach Yang. He said the company is looking to expand its portfolio of Kirin A1 product in the coming two years.
However, Zach didn’t reveal anything specifics on the products Huawei planning to launch or their names.
The size of Kirin A1 chip is smaller than the flagship Kirin 990 series and also from Apple’s H1 chip. It has Isochronous Dual Channel Bluetooth data transmission technology with lower latency and lower power consumption architecture compared to other chips in the market, which helps it to deliver the best performance.
New features rolling out for Huawei Watch GT Runner smartwatch
Huawei Watch GT Runner smartwatch is now receiving a new software update that comes with HarmonyOS version 126.96.36.1998. The update also includes a set of new features to enhance the overall Huawei Watch GT Runner user experience. However, the Watch GT 3 has also received a similar update for consumers.
These new features for the Huawei Watch GT Runner include new wallet features for iOS devices. The update added a new multi-function widget preset dial, you can customize dial area features with this widget including steps, weather, heart rate, and more.
Adding to this, the update installs a respiratory health research app to achieve a preliminary screen for a lung infection. However, this feature doesn’t support the iOS platform for the time being. Furthermore, the consumers will get a new smart diagnosis feature that can detect and troubleshoot watch keys, touch screens, microphones, and more depending on the results of the diagnostic.
Time to touch on the optimizations section, this new firmware for the Watch GT Runner brings a new trajectory of import and export features. The update also optimizes the accuracy of outdoor motion trajectories. Moreover, you will get optimizations for system stability in some situations to improve the overall performance of this smartwatch.
To download this update:
Update your Huawei Watch GT Runner by connecting your smartwatch to the smartphone to fetch the software update. Go to the smartwatch section and then tap on the firmware section. Follow the on-screen instruction to download and install the software update.
Do keep in mind that the software update package may take some time to transfer the OTA update, so be patient while the update package extracts on the smartwatch.
(via – ithome)
Huawei Watch GT 3 gets a massive feature upgrade
Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro is now released for the global consumer. In the meantime, the Chinese tech maker is seeding a new software update for Huawei Watch GT 3 smartwatch that brings a massive May 2022 upgrade for features as well as an addition to new ones.
According to the changelog, Huawei Watch GT 3 May 2022 update comes with a HarmonyOS version 188.8.131.528 and contains a variety of new features as well as improvements over the existing firmware version.
The details reveal that the latest Huawei Watch GT 3 upgrade adds a preset dial of “card multi-function”, and optimizes the accuracy of outdoor sports tracks. This is a massive upgrade for this smartwatch since its launch and it perfectly combines all sorts of capabilities and truly feeds them to the Huawei Watch GT 3 with these capabilities.
Let’s check the update changelog.
- Added wallet feature when connected to iOS devices.
- Added “multi-function widget” preset dial, you can customize dial area functions, such as steps, weather, heart rate, etc.
- You can install a respiratory health research application to achieve preliminary screening for a lung infection (not supported with an iOS smartphone connection).
- Added smart diagnosis feature, which can detect and troubleshoot watch buttons, touch screen, microphone, etc., and provide detection results.
- Optimize the trajectory of Import and export features
- Optimize the accuracy of outdoor motion trajectories.
- Optimize the system stability of some scenarios.
1. Wallet function, respiratory health research application, and intelligent diagnosis function are only available in mainland China. The “Health” application initiates detection (mobile phones that support Android, EMUI, and HarmonyOS systems).
2. In order to obtain a better user experience, it is recommended to update the “Sports Health” application to the latest version through the application market before updating.
3. During the update process Please keep the Bluetooth connection, if the update fails, please try again.
4. The update process of the wearable device may take a long time, please wait patiently for the progress bar on the device side to complete, the device will restart automatically after the system update.
5. If you encounter any problems during use If you have any questions, please call the Huawei service hotline or go to the Huawei Customer Service Center for support. Select www.ithome.com
Huawei Watch Fit 2 and Band 7 unveiled for global consumers
During the Global Flagship Launch Conference 2022, Huawei announced Watch Fit 2 and Band 7 for the consumers. These two smart wearables come with various new features and enable fitness tracking in various scenarios powered by various technologies.
Let’s talk first about the Watch Fit 2.
Huawei Watch Fit 2 comes with plenty of fitness features that keep a track of your daily activities with a stylish design that looks similar to a smartwatch and comes in three editions:
These three editions consist of different color options.
The Watch Fit expands at 46 x 33.5 x 10.8mm and comes with the following wrist sizes:
- Active Edition – 130-210mm
- Classic Edition – 140-210mm
- Elegant Edition – 120-200mm
There are also variations in the weigh-ins:
The active edition weighs 26g, while the classic and elegant edition weighs 30g.
Don’t worry about the straps, there are plenty to match the corresponding model. The Active Edition has:
- Midnight Black Silicone Strap
- Sakura Pink Silicone Strap
- Isle Blue Silicone Strap
- Nebula Gray Leather Strap
- Moon White Leather Strap
- Premium Gold Milanese Strap
- Silver Frost Milanese Strap
Huawei Watch Fit 2 prices are:
- Active Edition – 149 euros
- Classic Edition – 199 euros
- Elegant Edition – 249 euros
Huawei Band 7:
Huawei Band 7 is all about the precision in a compact size, therefore, you’ll get Band 7 in vibrant color and a slim price of 59 euros, which is more affordable than ever.
Feather-light health monitoring. We hope you love the new #HUAWEIBand7.
Measuring just 9.99mm thin and offering 14 days battery life, 96 workout modes and 4 different colours, there's a lot to love.
— Huawei Mobile (@HuaweiMobile) May 18, 2022
The vibrant Band 7 comes in three-four colors – Wilderness Green, Flame Red, Graphite Black, and Nebula Pink. The Band 7 has dimensions of 44.35 x 26 x 9.99 mm and it weighs around 16g without the strap. The Band 7 features a 1.47-inch AMOLED display with 194×368 pixels resolution. The Watch case is made of Durable polymer materials and comes in the following watch strap options:
- Graphite Black Silicone Strap
- Nebula Pink Silicone Strap
- Flame Red Silicone Strap
- Wilderness Green Silicone Strap
Huawei Band 7 has two buttons – including power and function keys as well as thimble charging. In terms of battery life, the Huawei Band 7 could withstand up to 14 days of typical use case, which may change according to the usage and scenarios.