Huawei has released a new update for Huawei Watch GT 2e, the update has some new features including the Remote Camera shooting that allows users to operate the phone’s camera app using the watch and capture images.
Update information linked below:
Huawei Watch GT 2e May Update Changelog:
- Added a feature that automatically detects that you are exercising and exercise mode.
- Remote camera shooting feature added (Huawei phone with EMUI 10.1 or later required).
- Improves system stability.
The latest update for Huawei Watch GT 2e comes with software version 18.104.22.168 and an update package size of 17.56MB.
Note: The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach out to your wearables.
A few things to know before the update:
- The update progress in the app is just for transferring the update package, it still needs to be installed on the watch for the update to complete.
- The watch needs to have at least 20% battery to update.
How to update Huawei Watch GT 2e:
Connect the watch to your phone using the Huawei Health app, open the app, touch Devices, touch the device name, choose Firmware update, then follow the onscreen instructions to update your watch if there are any new updates.
Thanks to the tipster – Ailesi
New features rolling out for Huawei Watch GT Runner smartwatch
Huawei Watch GT Runner smartwatch is now receiving a new software update that comes with HarmonyOS version 22.214.171.1248. The update also includes a set of new features to enhance the overall Huawei Watch GT Runner user experience. However, the Watch GT 3 has also received a similar update for consumers.
These new features for the Huawei Watch GT Runner include new wallet features for iOS devices. The update added a new multi-function widget preset dial, you can customize dial area features with this widget including steps, weather, heart rate, and more.
Adding to this, the update installs a respiratory health research app to achieve a preliminary screen for a lung infection. However, this feature doesn’t support the iOS platform for the time being. Furthermore, the consumers will get a new smart diagnosis feature that can detect and troubleshoot watch keys, touch screens, microphones, and more depending on the results of the diagnostic.
Time to touch on the optimizations section, this new firmware for the Watch GT Runner brings a new trajectory of import and export features. The update also optimizes the accuracy of outdoor motion trajectories. Moreover, you will get optimizations for system stability in some situations to improve the overall performance of this smartwatch.
To download this update:
Update your Huawei Watch GT Runner by connecting your smartwatch to the smartphone to fetch the software update. Go to the smartwatch section and then tap on the firmware section. Follow the on-screen instruction to download and install the software update.
Do keep in mind that the software update package may take some time to transfer the OTA update, so be patient while the update package extracts on the smartwatch.
(via – ithome)
Huawei Watch GT 3 gets a massive feature upgrade
Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro is now released for the global consumer. In the meantime, the Chinese tech maker is seeding a new software update for Huawei Watch GT 3 smartwatch that brings a massive May 2022 upgrade for features as well as an addition to new ones.
According to the changelog, Huawei Watch GT 3 May 2022 update comes with a HarmonyOS version 126.96.36.1998 and contains a variety of new features as well as improvements over the existing firmware version.
The details reveal that the latest Huawei Watch GT 3 upgrade adds a preset dial of “card multi-function”, and optimizes the accuracy of outdoor sports tracks. This is a massive upgrade for this smartwatch since its launch and it perfectly combines all sorts of capabilities and truly feeds them to the Huawei Watch GT 3 with these capabilities.
Let’s check the update changelog.
- Added wallet feature when connected to iOS devices.
- Added “multi-function widget” preset dial, you can customize dial area functions, such as steps, weather, heart rate, etc.
- You can install a respiratory health research application to achieve preliminary screening for a lung infection (not supported with an iOS smartphone connection).
- Added smart diagnosis feature, which can detect and troubleshoot watch buttons, touch screen, microphone, etc., and provide detection results.
- Optimize the trajectory of Import and export features
- Optimize the accuracy of outdoor motion trajectories.
- Optimize the system stability of some scenarios.
1. Wallet function, respiratory health research application, and intelligent diagnosis function are only available in mainland China. The “Health” application initiates detection (mobile phones that support Android, EMUI, and HarmonyOS systems).
2. In order to obtain a better user experience, it is recommended to update the “Sports Health” application to the latest version through the application market before updating.
3. During the update process Please keep the Bluetooth connection, if the update fails, please try again.
4. The update process of the wearable device may take a long time, please wait patiently for the progress bar on the device side to complete, the device will restart automatically after the system update.
5. If you encounter any problems during use If you have any questions, please call the Huawei service hotline or go to the Huawei Customer Service Center for support. Select www.ithome.com
Huawei Nova 9 grabs February 2022 security (EMUI 12)
Huawei Nova 9 comes with a versatile camera system that allows you to take amazing photographs on every occasion. The phone doesn’t only come with a monstrous camera setup but also has its beautiful curved display that goes edge to edge to provide you with mesmerizing viewing experience for on-screen content.
Aside from powerful hardware and camera prowess, Huawei continuously improved this smartphone with the latest software updates. Therefore, it sends a new firmware rollout for the EMUI 12, which comes pre-installed on this phone.
In the latest edition, Huawei is sending a new software update for the Nova 9 global consumers that consist of a February 2022 EMUI security patch. Yes, we are sure that you may be thinking, why Huawei Nova 9 phone has received a February 2022 update instead of April or May? Well, Nova 9 is currently scheduled under the quarterly updates section and it could be the reason why Huawei is sending this software update.
You can get this software version via the Update section by going into Settings > from here tap on System & updates > here you can tap on Software updates and then you can follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the latest EMUI version. However, we recommend you to wait while the update installs on your Huawei Nova 9 smartphone, as it may take a few minutes to settle in your phone.
Huawei Nova 9 is powered by Snapdragon 778 4G including an octa-core architecture consisting of 4 x Cortex-A78 at 2.42 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 at 1.8 GHz. The quad rear camera system consists of a 50 MP Ultra Vision Camera (f/1.9 aperture), 8 MP Ultra Wide Angle Camera (f/2.2 aperture), 2 MP Depth Camera (f/2.4 aperture), and 2 MP Macro Camera (f/2.4 aperture). On the front side, the phone has a powerful 32MP camera.
(via – Huaweiailesi)