Last week, Huawei began to rollout a new software update for the Watch GT 2 46mm version. However, the most interesting part of this story comes around in the form of two software rollouts. To be mentioned. these two Huawei Watch GT 2 (46mm) March 2022 update has their own set of changelog, features additions as well as system improvements.
Despite being an old smart wearable, the Chinese tech maker continues to seed new features to this 46mm Huawei Watch GT 2 device, and the latest March 2022 update changelog surely reflects that. So, that the consumers can get all of the required and essential functionalities on the go.
Huawei Watch GT 2 consumers should know that the latest software update is currently only available for the Chinese consumers but the company may expand these functionalities soon for the global models as well. However, nothing is certain at the moment. Still, we recommend you to keep on checking the latest software version via the instructions given below.
Huawei Watch GT 2 (46mm):
Huawei Watch GT 2 46mm version expands at 45.9 x 45.9 x 10.7mm with a wrist coverage range of 14-21cm. The watch weighs around 41g (without strap). The case of this watch is made has three color options – Black, Stainless Steel, and Titanium steel. As a flagship smartwatch – the Watch GT 2 has a 1.39-inch AMOLED touchscreen with slide and touch gestures support.
Let’s take a look at the changelogs:
First Version – 18.104.22.168 – Changelog:
- Optimizes the stability of the system.
Second Version – 22.214.171.124 – Changelog:
This second software update has more additions as well as optimizations compared to the first rollout.
- Preset AutoNavi map application
- Support to install rich third-party applications (download method: Mobile Health Application > Device > HUAWEI WATCH GT 2 > App Market)
- Added lock screen password function to enhance device security.
- Outdoor sports add sunrise and sunset display.
- The pacing interval can be displayed during the running process to help you exercise scientifically.
- Can be linked with Huawei mobile phone and sports equipment tripartite data.
- During exercise, the screen can be kept on for easy viewing of real-time exercise data (Open method: Settings > Exercise Settings > Screen On)
- Heart health research apps can be installed to measure heart health-related data directly on the watch enhanced physiological cycle function, you can manually record the cycle through the watch.
How to update
To your Huawei Watch GT 2 smartwatch with March 2022 software update, you need to visit the Huawei Health app, from here, you need to tap on the paired smartwatch, now you can tap on the Firmware update section. Thereafter, you need to tap on CHECK FOR UPDATES and tap on the on screen instructions to proceed further.