Huawei has started rolling November 2021 firmware update for Watch GT 2 42mm variant in the Chinese market. This latest update is released for all Watch GT 2 users, who have not participated in the new feature beta testing program.
As per the information, the November 2021 update comes with an upgraded Watch GT 2 version 188.8.131.52. The users wanted to shift over this build version need base version 184.108.40.206. By exploring the changelog, we found that the new changes include the support for unlimited third-party applications and optimization for system stability of the smartwatch.
After upgrading, users can enjoy additional apps such as fitness, health monitoring, and more from AppGallery. To be mentioned, last week, Huawei released the features mentioned in the changelog to the Watch GT 2 series beta tester and now rolling out for all. (Know more)
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
November 2021 Huawei Watch GT 2 (42mm) update:
- Apps: Support installation of a wealth of third-party apps from AppGallery and can download Heart Health monitoring apps that can be measured by measuring watch Heart health-related data.
- System: Optimizes system stability in some scenarios
How to update:
Users can download this update through Huawei Health App. Just open the application and tap on the devices option and select “Huawei Watch GT 2” there. Afterward, you have to select the latest update and follow the further procedure to install this firmware.
There are a few things that users need to keep remembering while installing this update. First, make sure to keep the smartphone and smartwatch in an adequate BT range and maintain more than 20% of battery level in the wearable
Huawei Watch GT Runner:
This month, Huawei has also launched the Watch GT Runner that with a 1.43 inch AMOLED touch screen with 466 x 466p HD resolution, supports slide as well touch gestures, supports devices running HarmonyOS 2, Android 6, iOS 9.0, and above versions.
Huawei HarmonyOS January 2022 Updates List
Huawei has released the latest January 2022 HarmonyOS security patch details for its smartphone and tablet devices. However, the rollout of this new security update is about to start meanwhile the December 2021 update is on the move. So, Huawei will dispatch the HarmonyOS updates for a bunch of devices throughout January 2022.
Alongside the monthly update rollout, Huawei has also started preparing for the next major software update – HarmonyOS 3.0. According to the information, HarmonyOS 3.0 beta testing could begin in April and followed by a public beta phase. However, a stable HM 3.0 rollout is likely to start in July 2022.
A few days ago, Huawei has replied to us on the matter of HarmonyOS for global consumers that currently there is no plan for smartphones outside China to upgrade to HarmonyOS. Until then, Huawei users in the overseas markets can enjoy EMUI 12 that looks similar to HarmonyOS.
Amid these discussions, Huawei will continue the rollout of regular HarmonyOS software and security updates to its devices. Also, the company keeps dispatching the major software updates from time to time to improve its models.
With the HarmonyOS January 2022 updates list, we will keep updated with all the HarmonyOS security and software updates released for Huawei devices this month and brief you about them.
Huawei HarmonyOS January 2022 Updates:
January 21, 2022:
January 22, 2022:
- Honor Play 3 smartphone has started receiving a new HarmonyOS software update that mainly installs the December 2021 security patch. Read more
- Huawei is sending a January 2022 HarmonyOS software update for the Huawei Nova 5z smartphone. Read more
- Honor 20 and 20 Pro smartphones users have started receiving the latest HarmonyOS update that brings January 2022 security patch. Read more
January 21, 2022:
- January 2022 HarmonyOS software update is rolling out for Huawei Nova 4e smartphone users. Read more
- Huawei Nova 5 and Nova 5 Pro smartphones running on HarmonyOS are receiving a new software that brings January 2022 security update. Read more
- Huawei has started to rollout the latest January 2022 HarmonyOS security update for Nova 5i and Nova 5i Pro smartphones. Read more
January 20, 2022:
- Huawei has begun sending the January 2022 HarmonyOS security update for Huawei MediaPad M6 10.8 inch tablet. Read more
- Huawei’s latest foldable flagship –Huawei P50 Pocket is receiving the latest January 2022 HarmonyOS software update in China. Read more
January 17, 2022:
- Huawei Enjoy 10 smartphone installs the December 2021 security patch for improved system security. Read more
- Huawei is rolling out new optimizations for Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 tablet with HarmonyOS version 220.127.116.11 update in China. Read more
- Huawei MediaPad M6 8.4 inch is grabbing the latest January 2022 HarmonyOS software update that comes with upgraded version 18.104.22.168. Read more
January 12, 2022:
- Huawei is rolling a new HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 SP5 software update for the flagship smartphone, Huawei P50 Pro in China. Read more
- Huawei MatePad 11 tablet users in Europe has started receiving the latest HarmonyOS security update released in the month of December 2021. Read more
January 11, 2022:
- Huawei has started sending the latest HarmonyOS 2.0 software update for the Nova 3i smartphone that comes with version 126.96.36.199 in China. Read more
January 10, 2022:
- Honor Tablet V6 is grabbing the December 2021 HarmonyOS security update that fixes several new bugs and vulnerabilities found in the latest software system. Read more
- Huawei is releasing a new EMUI software update for Huawei P Smart 2021 smartphone that mainly installs December 2021 security patch. Read more
January 8, 2022:
- Huawei is sending a new HarmonyOS update for Huawei Nova 2s users that brings the December 2021 security patch along with other optimizations and fixes. Read more
- Huawei is rolling out the first HarmonyOS software update for the Huawei P50 Pocket smartphone. Read more
- Huawei has started sending the latest HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 software update for the Huawei Mate X2 foldable smartphone. Read more
January 5, 2022:
- Huawei is rolling out the latest HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 software update for Huawei MatePad 10.4 tablet. Read more
- Huawei is started sending a new HarmonyOS software update for Huawei P50 Pro that comes with the latest version 220.127.116.11 SP5. Read more
- Huawei has started sending the latest December 2021 HarmonyOS software update for the MatePad 10.8 tablet. Read more
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 tablet users are installing the December 2021 HarmonyOS software update that brings system and security optimizations. Read more
Huawei Mate 30 Pro stable EMUI 12 update rolling out in Europe
Last week Huawei began to rolllout stable EMUI 12 for Mate 30 Pro smartphone in the global market. Now, the Chinese tech maker started to rollout EMUI 12 software update for Huawei Mate 30 Pro smartphone in Europe that comes with EMUI 12 version 18.104.22.168. This update package comes with an OTA package size of 4.8GB. (via – Huaweiblog)
Stable EMUI 12 for Huawei Mate 30 Pro users in Europe will allow consumers to install the latest EMUI version software features and change the user experience as compared to EMUI 11 software system.
Therefore, you can download this software update and install all of the features on your phone. Before you move on to the update section, you should know that this software update is expanding in batches and you may have to wait to get this software rollout for your model.
EMUI 12 is a major software update that comes with lots of new features and enhancements that include an intuitive interface, new fonts, notification panel, control panel, smart folder, and more.
Thanks to the tipster – Larry for this wonderful tip.
How to check for update:
To download the latest software update, you need to visit Settings, open System & updates > then visit Software update. From here tap on CHECK FOR UPDATES. Once an update is available, tap on DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL, afterward, the phone will begin the software update installation.
EMUI 12 changelog:
- Supports more flexible font adjustment, in which you can adjust the font size and width with a slider.
- Applies the concept of neuromorphic to UI elements. Simple colors, tones, shadows, and highlights are used to achieve a more realistic effect.
- Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make the apps within them easier to access.
Notification Panel and Control Panel:
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the Notifications panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel for shortcuts.
- Adds an audio control area to the control panel to make it easy to switch between different audio devices and apps. Allows you to quickly activate cross-screen cooperation by tapping symbols for Huawei laptops and tablets in the “Device +” area of the control panel.
- Adds a cooperative authentication function between cellphones and laptops, which allows you to unlock your phone by entering the screen unlock password for the phone on Huawei laptop when the phone and laptop are connected through cross-screen cooperation are.
Multi-device file management:
- Supports access to documents or pictures on the phone via a laptop without connecting the two devices with a data cable.
- Improves the transfer speed of Huawei Share for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops.
Honor 20S grabbing January 2022 HarmonyOS security update
Huawei has already delivered the January 2022 HarmonyOS security patch for several Huawei and Honor eligible devices. In the latest development, Honor 20S smartphone has begun collecting the January 2022 security update in China.
Huawei’s January 2022 HarmonyOS security patch fixed various bugs and vulnerabilities including 4 CVE in the framework, 10 CVEs in the system, 5 CVEs in the application, and 111 CVEs found in the third-party libraries.
According to the information, the Honor 20S January 2022 update brings HarmonyOS 2.0 version 22.214.171.124, which is upgraded from HM OS version 126.96.36.199.
To be mentioned, this update is gradually expanding through OTA for all eligible devices in the Chinese market. So, it may take some to reach you. Meanwhile, you can also check the latest update manually by following the steps mentioned below.
Send us tips on the contacts mentioned below:
- Message us on Twitter
How to check updates manually:
There are two methods to check the update manually that is through settings or via the My Huawei app. You can check both the ways below.
To update through settings, open Settings, then go to System & updates and open Software update. Now select Check for updates and if any update shows up, then hit the Download and install button.
Alternatively, you can also download software updates using the My Huawei app. Open My Huawei app, visit the update section. Now select check for updates, and then press Download and install.
Points to know:
There are several important points you need to remember before installing the January 2022 security patch on your Honor the 20S.
- Maintain enough storage on your device.
- Keep smartphone charged at least 30% or more.
- This update won’t erase your data, but we recommend you to take backup in advance.
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- patience, the update may take some time to upgrade the installation package