Huawei is rolling out a new software update for its LTE-powered Watch 3 and Watch 3 Pro smartwatches using HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 software version. This update brings Petal Maps native services for these smart wearables.
Petal Maps native navigation app will allow you to set the destination and navigate only through the smart voice for a smartwatch. The LTE connectivity for Huawei smartwatches removes the requirement for a smartphone connection.
Furthermore, it would allow you to establish real-time location directly on the watch, and the navigation path is clear at a glance when you go out for walking or cycling.
The HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 software update for Huawei Watch 3 and Watch 3 Pro also installs improvements for WeChat messages. Moreover, these smartwatches will bring better golf course modes for improved user experience.
Check the complete changelog below.
- Added WeChat watch version, after logging in, you can view WeChat messages, make quick replies, voice replies, and pay quickly through WeChat Pay.
- Added Petal Maps independent navigation application, no need to use a mobile phone, you can set the destination and navigate only through the smart voice art of the watch, the real-time location can be clearly displayed on the watch, and the navigation path is clear at a glance when you go out for walking or cycling.
- Optimize golf course mode to improve user experience
For Beta Devices:
Huawei has recently started HarmonyOS 3 beta activity for the Watch 3 series and released new software.
- November 1, 2022: The new feature experience version 188.8.131.52 is released, and it will be pushed to the first batch of log users who are selected for the beta version.
- November 1, 2022: New feature experience recruitment starts
Below you can check the update notes:
1. Navigation apps use high power consumption. The battery life of the Petal Maps watch will be relatively reduced, this is a normal scenario, do use it with confidence.
2. In order to get a better user experience, it is recommended to update the “Huawei Health” app to the latest version through AppGallery before updating.
3. Please keep the connection to the internet during the update process, if the update fails, please try again.
4. The update process of the wearable device may take a long time, please wait patiently for the progress bar on the device side to complete. After the system update, the device will automatically restart.