In May 2020, Huawei has applied for a new patent named “A method and terminal equipment for identifying abnormal vehicle parameters in a vehicle queue”. According to the latest information, this patent was publically published on April 16, 2021, with publication number CN112673406A.
The patent document describes the method and equipment for handling abnormal vehicle parameters in vehicles queue based on networked information. This method is applied to connected vehicles, smart cars, autonomous driving, and V2X meeting domains.
This innovation can recognize the number of vehicles in the abnormal area connected to the intelligent networked fleet and the location and speed information of each vehicle enable the abnormal area of the intelligent networked vehicle fleet to be restored to order and realize the coordinated control of the intelligent networked vehicle fleet.
- Determine the current driving scene of the target vehicle based on the driving trajectory data of the target vehicle and the current real-time map of the target vehicle. The driving scene of the target vehicle is an urban road driving scene or a highway driving scene, and the target vehicle is intelligent Intelligent connected cars of connected fleets.
- Selecting a vehicle trajectory generation algorithm in the current driving scene of the target vehicle according to the current driving scene of the target vehicle.
- Determine at least one abnormal area included in front of the target vehicle at time Tb, the at least one abnormal area is an abnormal area in the intelligent networked fleet where the target vehicle is located, and the Tb time is the current time.
- Based on the selected vehicle trajectory generation algorithm and machine learning algorithm, identify the number of vehicles in each abnormal area in at least one abnormal area at time Ta, and the position information and speed of each vehicle included in each abnormal area Information, the Ta time is the calibration time in the historical driving process of the target vehicle.
- Based on the selected vehicle trajectory generation algorithm, according to the number of vehicles in each abnormal area at the time Ta, the position information and speed information of each vehicle included in each abnormal area, the identification at time Tb The number of vehicles in each abnormal area, the position information and speed information of each vehicle included in each abnormal area.
Aside from this, Huawei continuously securing its innovation in the form of patents for the future. In the recent past, the company published many patents related to smart vehicle technology.
It doesn’t mean that Huawei is going to build its own automobile industry but the company wants to help vehicle manufacturers to produce a good car through ICT technology. Read more
[Via – ithome]
After Huawei and Apple, Samsung to bring Satellite Communication
Huawei and its satellite communication are once again in the headlines. After Apple, it looks like Samsung is planning to follow Huawei and implement satellite communication technology on its flagship gadgets.
Satellite Communication technology is gradually becoming a trend in the market. In recent times, we come across several tech makers that are trying to adopt the respective feature for their devices or operating systems.
After Huawei, satellite communication enlisted Apple, Google (Android 14), and now Samsung. While Apple has already offered the benefits of satellite features with iPhone 14 series, Google and Samsung are in the preparation phase.
The latest information reveals that Samsung has associated with Iridium cooperation and is finalizing the satellite communication development for its next flagship smartphone – the Galaxy S23 series.
In our previous reports, we mentioned that Samsung is looking for a satellite connectivity provider other than Globalstar. This was so because Apple already merged with Globalstar for satellite features.
Thus, Samsung decided to take different steps in this tech concept. Eventually, it seems like the Korean tech maker has found the right companion to proceed with the new technology.
Samsung and Iridium
Speaking of the Iridium group, the cooperation utilizes the 66 low-orbit communication satellites. This framework offers effective voice and data communication services for users without any network hindrances.
On the flip side, the info states that Samsung has been working on satellite communication technology for the past two years. In the meantime, the company was dealing with antenna challenges as to how to make it a compact and power-efficient element.
Consequently, just like Huawei and Apple, Samsung’s main objective is to provide its users with immersive voice, messages, and image transmission facilities. And who knows, we could find the satellite tech with Galaxy S23 in the first quarter of 2023.
Satellite Communication – A long race!
Huawei is the first company to bring satellite communication features with the dynamic Mate 50 series. Ultimately, the feature is capable of relieving communication services even in low-area networks.
Thus, a user with Huawei Mate 50 smartphone can conduct calls, send a 19-20 characters text, scan a code 8-10 times, and generate trajectory maps and locations.
On the other hand, Huawei is making the corresponding feature more useful with the Mate 60. Yes, the internal tweaks suggest that the new version of this technology will enable two-way communications, sending voice messages, and making short voice calls as well.
It won’t be wrong to say that when it comes to technology and innovation, Huawei remains one step ahead.
Apple iPhone 14 series – SOS feature
Following Huawei, Apple also launched the iPhone 14 series with satellite features. It has implemented the Emergency SOS feature which combines with the software and connects antennas directly to the satellite.
As a result, this mechanism starts messaging functions with emergency services. Being an iPhone 14 user, you can use the feature under low-network or Wi-Fi coverage.
Android 14 is also on the list!
Yes, Android 14 has also appeared in the satellite communication headlines. The information states that Google is also making efforts and could initiate satellite features on the next coming Android version.
In the time ahead, we could see many competitors in this tech field. But it would be worth seeing which manufacturer will remain in the first position regarding satellite communication.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 launched, could come with Huawei P60 series
Today, Qualcomm launched the flagship chipset, Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for smartphones and flagship Android devices. The ultimate processor is baked with the most advanced technologies such as smarter image processing, and Wi-Fi 7, and it could be featured on the P60 series.
According to Qualcomm, the new Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset contains extraordinary implements over its predecessors. Accordingly, the new features will offer a boasting performance to the premium devices.
The latest flagship processor stands upon the 4nm process layout. Ahead, it leans on four performance cores that deliver better results than the previous chipsets. All these cores range between 200 and 300MHz.
Further, Qualcomm claims that both CPU and GPU are turbo elements and exhibit 40-45% of power saving. To count on the major additions, the company has introduced revamped AI structures, the super-ultra Wi-Fi 7 for extreme connections, and smarter image processing.
Let’s dive into the features of the newly-launched Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset:
The AI Engine comprises the Qualcomm Hexagon chipsets with innovative micro tile inferencing. Besides, it equips Tensor accelerators with up to 4.35 times faster AI performance than previous processors. It also supports the INT4 format for the first time which accelerates AI analysis performance by 60%.
The new Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset adopts the amplified Adreno GPU that offers 25% faster graphics rendering.
On top of that, it features a full Snapdragon Elite Gaming arsenal that includes industry standards for Real-Time Hardware Accelerated ray Tracing, delivering authentic light, reflections, and illuminations for desktop-level gaming experiences.
Intelligent Camera functions
The effective Qualcomm Spectra installs a triple 18-bit cognitive ISPs and an Always-On Sensing camera. The optical components derive from the AI functions and enhance the real-time capture of photos and videos.
Together, these intelligent camera functions keenly inspect the objects in an image and apply image tuning accordingly. The chipset also supports iconic 200MP single captures with 3.2 gigapixels per second.
Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 powers Kryo CPU cores which results in 35% faster performance and 40% finer battery efficiency. Additionally, the micro-architecture helps in converting one efficiency core into an additional performance core to achieve maximize multi-threaded performance up to 3.2GHz speed.
Advanced 5G Performance
Qualcomm has also added the Snapdragon X70 Modem-RF, which was announced earlier this year. This technology implies the Qualcomm 5G AI processor, Qualcomm Smart Transmit, and Qualcomm 5G PowerSave.
These all variants offer the latest advancements in speed, network coverage, and high-range link, and effectively support dual 5G SIM activation at the same time.
First-Ever Wi-Fi 7
Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip brings the first commercial Wi-Fi 7 with High Band Simultaneous (HBS) Multi-Link, on the new FastConnect 7800 board. The new system delivers VR-class low-latency, more than doubling Wi-Fi 6 speeds up to 5.8Gbps.
Apart from these functions, the newly-released chipset also supports Dual Bluetooth, LE Audio, and Snapdragon Sound with spatial audio for immersive audio experiences.
Huawei P60 series could feature Snapdragon 8 Gen 2
While several smartphones are waiting to taste the new processor, the Huawei P60 series also falls on this list. The phone has been rumored many times to bring the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset on its surface.
Adding to this, Qualcomm has now released its premium processor and it’s time to wait for Huawei’s upcoming flagship. Notably, the P60 series is expected to make its debut in the first quarter of 2023.
Whereas, Qualcomm said that the latest processor will start appearing in high-end phones by the end of 2022, and will make a complete space in 2023 Android devices. Probably, the rumors of Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for P60 models will soon turn into reality.
Huawei Power Module 3.0 passes third-party machine test
Huawei Power Module 3.0 has recently qualified for the TÜV SÜD third-party whole machinery test with flying colors. Accordingly, the result shows that the latest power supply system is highly efficient and productive.
For your information, Huawei Power Module 3.0 (AKA PowerPOD 3.0) is a power-oriented solution. The company launched the effective product in May this year at the Next-Generation Data Facility launch event.
As of now, Huawei Power Module 3.0 has completed the third-party whole machinery test. TÜV SÜD is a worldwide popular test center. The organization tests the data center-based solutions and certifies them accordingly.
The latest input reveals that Huawei took on the whole machine test and the results are quite accurate to the expectations. Consequently, Power Module 3.0 has qualified all the aspects of this test with good grades.
Huawei Power Module 3.0 test results
- System Efficiency: The result shows that the latest power supply system can exhibit 97.8% of efficiency even under high-load scenarios. This can easily beat the efficiency level of regular systems.
- Switching Mode Test: Eventually, the solution can easily shift to all the switching modes in 0ms. Even at times of abnormal input functioning, the system will automatically shift on the double conversion or the battery mode and will provide hindrance-free performance.
- Reliability and Maintenance: Despite high pressure and different temperature points, the result are good enough. The details show that the solution can work conveniently at 0 to 40-degree celsius. Further, the product is easy and simple to carry out the maintenance process.
- Software Function: Huawei Power Module 3.0 (2.5MW) supports a bunch of thoughtful features. Such as Power function, full-chain visibility, switch tuning, AI low-load high-temperature prediction, and other functions.
In every manner, the device has successfully qualified for the whole machinery test and obtained the corresponding certificate.