Huawei P30 series was one of the best-selling smartphones of Huawei, which is initially launched with EMUI 9.1 and currently running on EMUI 11 in the global market. Now, the company has finally started the EMUI 12 for the P30 that users are waiting for. So, in this tracker, you can get all the insights into the Huawei P30 series EMUI 12.
Huawei P30 series has two models:
- Huawei P30
- Huawei P30 Pro
Huawei P30 series launched in 2019 comes with large display sizes, powered by the 7nm Kirin 980 processor. It is equipped with a Leica Quad camera system, a powerful 4200 mAh battery, and Google Mobile Services.
Huawei P30 lineup users can be part EMUI 12 beta program that allows you to taste the new offering of EMUI 12 ahead of stable rollout. Currently, the beta activity is limited to some regions but it’ll soon reach more markets.
The interested Huawei P30 and P30 Pro users can participate in EMUI 12 beta program via downloading the Huawei Beta app and signing up yourself.
So, this Huawei P30 EMUI 12 tracker will help the users to stay updated with EMUI 12 beta progress for the Huawei P30 series beta, stable rollouts, and the latest news in the global market.
- On December 4, Huawei has started the EMUI 12 beta for the P30 and P30 Pro smartphones
- On December 7, EMUI 12 beta for the Huawei P30 series expands in Europe
- On December 21, Huawei P30 series starts receiving EMUI 12 beta software update
- On March 24, 2022, Huawei has rolled out the stable EMUI 12 update for P30 series.
Huawei P30 EMUI 12 tracker: Latest News
May 2, 2022:
- Huawei P30 Pro users in Mexico have started receiving the stable EMUI 12 update. The latest firmware update carries the EMUI build version 22.214.171.124, which is rolling out in batches. Read more
April 21, 2022:
- EMUI 12 update reaching to more Huawei P30 series users [Europe]. Read more
April 15, 2022:
- EMUI 12 for Huawei P30 devices rolling in UK. Read more
March 30, 2022:
- Huawei P30 users receiving stable EMUI 12 update in Europe. Read more
March 29, 2022:
- Huawei has released the stable EMUI 12 update for Huawei P30 Pro NE users. Read more
March 28, 2022:
- Huawei is expanding stable EMUI 12 for Huawei P30 Pro smartphone users in Europe. Read more
March 24, 2022:
- Huawei P30 and P30 Pro devices in the global market has started receiving stable EMUI 12 software upgrade. Read more
December 21, 2021:
- Huawei has finally begun the first EMUI 12 beta update rollout for one of the popular flagship series – the Huawei P30 that comes with version EMUI 126.96.36.199. Read more
December 7, 2021:
- Huawei P30 series global models open beta testing in limited markets. Now, European users can also sign up through the beta application and register their interest in the beta campaign. Read more.
December 4, 2021:
- Huawei P30 series users are now eligible to sign up for the EMUI 12 beta project in the region. However, only big markets are now eligible to test the EMUI version features. Read more
Check February 2023 EMUI security patch details
Huawei has released February 2023 EMUI security patch details that will fetch better safety for smartphones running EMUI 12.0.1, EMUI 12.0, and EMUI 11 in the global market.
In the meantime, Huawei keeps on sending security patches, optimizations, and other important performance upgrades over the OTA method directly to the devices.
Meanwhile, Huawei has not released the February 2023 EMUI security patch update for smartphones but it may soon be delivered to the corresponding eligible models.
Why it’s important?
Security patches are important and Huawei releases such upgrades for smartphones to implement high safety measures to guard the data and fight vulnerabilities. Such updates roll out monthly and quarterly sessions.
Huawei has fixed 2 issues in critical condition, 14 of them fixed in high mode, medium and low level of vulnerabilities are not recorded this time. While there are 23 common vulnerability exposures patched from the last firmware version.
Specifically, it fixes an unauthorized access vulnerability (CVE-2022-48286) in the multi-screen collaboration module, which could have affected the confidentiality of the files that you are sharing over the air.
There are two medium-level vulnerabilities fixed for Bluetooth modules, which could exploit user data. CVE-2022-48295 addresses the fix of authentification of the IHwAntiMalPlugin API, which could let malware attack your Huawei device.
Next comes the Huawei fix for permission management vulnerability in the SystemUI module, which may cause users to receive misleading broadcasts from malicious apps for storage exploitations.
Below you can check all of the CVE counts and codes mentioned in the February 2023 security bulletin.
- CVE-2022-22088, CVE-2022-41674
- CVE-2022-20456, CVE-2022-20461, CVE-2022-20489, CVE-2022-20490, CVE-2022-20492, CVE-2022-20493, CVE-2022-20494, CVE-2023-20905, CVE-2023-20913, CVE-2023-20915, CVE-2023-20920, CVE-2023-20921, CVE-2022-33255, CVE-2022-32635
Already included in previous updates:
- CVE-2022-20504, CVE-2022-20506, CVE-2022-20513, CVE-2022-20515, CVE-2022-20516, CVE-2022-20517, CVE-2022-20518, CVE-2022-20520, CVE-2022-20521, CVE-2022-20525, CVE-2022-20528, CVE-2022-20530, CVE-2022-20537, CVE-2022-20539, CVE-2022-20541, CVE-2022-20544, CVE-2022-20546, CVE-2022-20552, CVE-2022-42535, CVE-2022-42542, CVE-2022-20496, CVE-2022-20566, CVE-2021-39793
February 2023 security patch may take some time to toss over the devices and we’ll keep you posted.
Huawei Nova 7 January 2023 EMUI update is expanding
Huawei is expanding the January 2023 security patch for Nova 7 global version that improves the phone’s capability against potential threats. According to the information, Huawei Nova 7 January 2023 EMUI update comes with version 188.8.131.52 and 233 megabytes. This update is rolling out in batches began to rollout early last month.
You can check for the update via Settings or via the My Huawei app. Below you can see the update changelog:
This update improves system security with security patches.
- Integrates security patches released in January 2023 for improved system security.
- This update will not erase your personal data but we recommend that you back up only important data before updating.
- If you encounter any issues during the update contact the Huawei customer service hotline.
- The update package will be deleted automatically after the update is complete.
Thanks to the tipster – Mohammed for this amazing update.
Huawei Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9 gets January 2023 EMUI update
Despite the fact that EMUI 13 has not made its way to us, Huawei Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9 users can download January 2023 security update with EMUI build version 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.111 respectively (via Huaweiportal).
Huawei Mate Xs 2 is an exceptional smartphone and it is a second-generation outward folding device that made its way to the global market. On the other side, it provides a new user experience than the predecessor.
The Nova 9 has a unique design and helped Huawei to recover Nova series sales among global consumers supporting a high-quality camera system. It equips 120Hz refresh rate and Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 4G.
Interestingly, Huawei Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9 launched with pre-installed EMUI 12 software and there are various features that caught our eye. However, it’s been already an entire year since Huawei rolled out a major upgrade. And EMUI 13 is all we’re waiting for.
For now, Huawei has not informed us about the EMUI 13 release date but these two smartphone owners eagerly waiting for a new announcement. Don’t forget that you can check for the latest firmware via system Settings > tap on System & updates > then move with the Software update to fetch a new upgrade for your Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9.
Below you can check the full changelog for both of these rolllouts.
- This update improves system security with security patches.
- January 2023 security patches integrated for better system security.
- With this update, your personal data will not be deleted, but it is recommended to backup all important data before updating. If you encounter any problems during the update, please call Huawei customer service support line or visit one of the Huawei service centers for assistance. This update package will be deleted automatically after the update is complete.