Huawei P30 Lite EMUI 12 Changelog and Features
Last week, Huawei began seeding EMUI 12 for the P30 Lite smartphone in the global market, which contains a big changelog of features. These new additions for the P30 lite smartphone bring a new user experience and the latest capabilities.
According to the information, Huawei P30 Lite EMUI 12 update comes with build version 22.214.171.124, which might change for some users but most of the Huawei P30 lite devices are likely to retain it. On the other hand, EMUI 10 users will have to download over 3GB of the update package.
Similar to other previous models, Huawei is upgrading this good old device with the latest EMUI version and features, which is good to see a move from the tech maker. However, the phone has been denied from EMUI 11, and directly jumped to EMUI 12.
Below you can check the Huawei P30 Lite EMUI 12 changelog.
This update introduces EMUI 12, providing an intuitive interface, a cross-device control panel, and various useful features.
- Supports more flexible font customization where you can adjust font size and width with a slider.
- Applies the concept of neuromorphism to UI elements. It uses simple colors, tones, shadows and highlights to achieve a more realistic effect.
- Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make it easier to access the apps inside.
[Notification Panel and Control Panel]
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the notification panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel to use shortcuts. Adds an audio control panel to the panel to make it easier to switch between different audio devices and apps.
- Allows you to easily multitask in split screen mode and send messages in a floating window while watching videos or gaming. Swipe in from the left or right edge of the screen and hold the screen to display the multi-window dock. Press and hold an app icon in the Dock and drag it to the side of the screen to share the screen. Alternatively, tap an app icon to view it in a floating window. You can later minimize the floating window to a floating bubble for easier access.
Smart Life in All Scenarios
- Improves Huawei Share transfer speed for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets and laptops.
- Adds the MeeTime app that allows you to make HD voice and video calls over WiFi or a data network. Adds support for screen sharing during video calls, allowing you to tag and share key information in video chats. Note: MeeTime is only available in certain countries and regions:https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/content/en-us00956296/
- In the Discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories using preinstalled templates, special effects, and background music. The video editing features have been streamlined and provide further instructions on how to use the timeline and editing options.
- Integrates security patches released in June 2022 for improved system security. For more information about the security of HUAWEI EMUI system updates.
- This update will not delete your personal information. However, it is recommended to back up important data before updating.
- Some third-party apps that are not compatible with EMUI 12 may not work properly after updating. It is recommended to update these apps to the latest version in the app store.
- If you encounter problems during the update, call Huawei customer hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center.
- The home screen layout may be changed slightly.
- The system version can be rolled back to the official version EMUI 10 in HiSuite. If you roll back the system version, all your personal data will be deleted. Therefore, back up your data beforehand.
- The update package will be automatically deleted after the update is complete.
- For more functions, see Tips.
- After the update, the Wi-Fi Calling feature will be disabled for certain SIM cards by default. If needed, you can turn it on manually in Settings > Cellular network > Cellular data.