Last week, Huawei began seeding EMUI 12 for the P30 Lite smartphone in the global market, which contains a big changelog of features. These new additions for the P30 lite smartphone bring a new user experience and the latest capabilities.
According to the information, Huawei P30 Lite EMUI 12 update comes with build version 18.104.22.168, which might change for some users but most of the Huawei P30 lite devices are likely to retain it. On the other hand, EMUI 10 users will have to download over 3GB of the update package.
Similar to other previous models, Huawei is upgrading this good old device with the latest EMUI version and features, which is good to see a move from the tech maker. However, the phone has been denied from EMUI 11, and directly jumped to EMUI 12.
Below you can check the Huawei P30 Lite EMUI 12 changelog.
This update introduces EMUI 12, providing an intuitive interface, a cross-device control panel, and various useful features.
- Supports more flexible font customization where you can adjust font size and width with a slider.
- Applies the concept of neuromorphism to UI elements. It uses simple colors, tones, shadows and highlights to achieve a more realistic effect.
- Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make it easier to access the apps inside.
[Notification Panel and Control Panel]
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the notification panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel to use shortcuts. Adds an audio control panel to the panel to make it easier to switch between different audio devices and apps.
- Allows you to easily multitask in split screen mode and send messages in a floating window while watching videos or gaming. Swipe in from the left or right edge of the screen and hold the screen to display the multi-window dock. Press and hold an app icon in the Dock and drag it to the side of the screen to share the screen. Alternatively, tap an app icon to view it in a floating window. You can later minimize the floating window to a floating bubble for easier access.
Smart Life in All Scenarios
- Improves Huawei Share transfer speed for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets and laptops.
- Adds the MeeTime app that allows you to make HD voice and video calls over WiFi or a data network. Adds support for screen sharing during video calls, allowing you to tag and share key information in video chats. Note: MeeTime is only available in certain countries and regions:https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/content/en-us00956296/
- In the Discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories using preinstalled templates, special effects, and background music. The video editing features have been streamlined and provide further instructions on how to use the timeline and editing options.
- Integrates security patches released in June 2022 for improved system security. For more information about the security of HUAWEI EMUI system updates.
- This update will not delete your personal information. However, it is recommended to back up important data before updating.
- Some third-party apps that are not compatible with EMUI 12 may not work properly after updating. It is recommended to update these apps to the latest version in the app store.
- If you encounter problems during the update, call Huawei customer hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center.
- The home screen layout may be changed slightly.
- The system version can be rolled back to the official version EMUI 10 in HiSuite. If you roll back the system version, all your personal data will be deleted. Therefore, back up your data beforehand.
- The update package will be automatically deleted after the update is complete.
- For more functions, see Tips.
- After the update, the Wi-Fi Calling feature will be disabled for certain SIM cards by default. If needed, you can turn it on manually in Settings > Cellular network > Cellular data.
Have you not received EMUI 12?
EMUI 12 is the major installation that is being conducted among Huawei smartphone users and people want to get this update on board as soon as possible.
The rollout is currently waving in different markets, and there are eligible devices that have been getting the new update via the OTA upgrade method. However, there are some people that may have not received EMUI 12.
The cause is mainly relying on the staged rollout, because major EMUI updates roll out in tiers and process gradually for different models. Hence, some group of people gets EMUI 12 first, while others have to wait until it expands.
Aside from the staged rollout, it’s also possible that you may have been trying to get this EMUI version via only settings, while you should have also requested it via the My Huawei app. Since Huawei has started releasing the My Huawei app, sometimes, the company suggests requesting new software builds via this application.
Furthermore, you can try HiSuite, a desktop application from Huawei, that helps you check for the latest firmware update via directly from your PC.
As of now, Huawei has seeded EMUI 12 in Huawei Mate 40 Pro, Mate 30 Pro, P40 series, P30 series, Mate 20 series, P40 Lite series, Nova 7 series, Nova 5T, P30 Lite, and some models from P Smart series. That’s not it, Huawei has also upgraded some of the most important old flagships – Huawei P10 and Mate 10 with EMUI 12.
To mention, the latter half of the devices recently began to upgrade over the new EMUI version. Therefore, it may take some time to cover all of their models.
EMUI 12 is the best EMUI version, it has various new functionalities and graphics changes that surpass its predecessors. Speaking of which, EMUI 12 comes with a new UI that has a better appearance than EMUI 11. Also, features such as a control panel, notification panel, and large folders along with new animations improve the user experience.
So, have you still not received EMUI 12 on your Huawei phone? Participate in the poll below and put your answer.
Who still hasn't received EMUI 12? #Huawei
— HC Newsroom (@HCNewsroom) August 17, 2022
EMUI 12 enters last phase of rollout
Announced last year, EMUI 12 has brought new hope for Huawei smartphone users. As of August 2022, almost 9 months has been passed since its official unveiling and EMUI 12 has now entered the last phase of rollout.
In November, Huawei opened EMUI 12 beta activity with Huawei Mate 40 Pro, Huawei Mate 30 Pro, and P40 series. These phones are the first ones to participate in the test. After 2 months of testing, Huawei rolled out stable EMUI 12 via OTA on all of these three series’ in January and began wide testing for other devices.
These are – Huawei P40 Lite, P40 Lite 5G, P40 Lite, Nova 7, and Nova 7i. These phones have been one of the most popular ones in the budget to mid-range segments to get EMUI 12. While some of these have not been upgraded with EMUI 11.
In April, Huawei rolled out EMUI 12 for prominent flagships – Huawei P30 and Mate 20 series, along with the mid-range Nova 5T. These phone users have been delighted with this new software upgrade as the phone completes their ‘probably’ final major software reign.
However, this doesn’t conclude our journey, because Huawei also took care of one of the oldest batches of flagships such as – the Huawei Mate 10 and the P20 series. WoW! This was an announcement that made the fans happy.
In the meantime, Huawei has reached the last phase of EMUI 12 and it’s seeding this new EMUI version for Huawei Y9s, Y9 Prime 2019, P30 Lite, and P Smart series. The rollouts are currently in progress and the company will continue to expand this software as it continues to progress.
EMUI 12 brings a brand new user interface that looks way better than the previous generation. This design has been derived directly from HarmonOS operating system. On the other hand, you will get a bunch of new animations that improve the viewing experience.
Furthermore, EMUI 12 has its own new additions such as large folders, which compound and helps you to clean up the home screen apps more efficiently.
EMUI July 2022 update now live for Huawei P Smart 2021
Ideally, EMUI 10 running device Huawei P Smart 2021 model receives the July 2022 security update. This shows the dedication of the company to give a better user experience to each and every device user on time.
Well, the EMUI (Emotion UI) name itself indicated the emotion for the devices to diagnose them better than best working. However, Huawei offers a lot of self-developed features for the devices.
Meanwhile, the tenth generation of EMUI-based Huawei P Smart 2021 mobile gives you the best specs at the offered price. So if you are a Huawei P Smart 2021 smartphone user then feel lucky and enjoy this recent update for you.
EMUI July 2022 Monthly security update for the Huawei P Smart 2021 mobles aim to improve the usability and currently running version bug and issue will be fixed after downloading and installing it.
- EMUI 10.1.1.260 (C432E4R2P1)
Below you can check the guide on how to accomplish it:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
You can also grab it through, the My Huawei app, just opens it on your device, and go to the Update. Follow the on-screen instructions.
What to do if an EMUI update fails:
Ensure that your phone is connected to an available network, restart your phone, or open Phone Manager to run optimize or Cleanup. Try to clear the update cache through:
- Then click Software update
- Storage and touch clear data
- Now clear the Cache
After all, try again to update your smartphone, if you still encounter the issue, restore your phone to its factory setting and try again.