Huawei is rolling out new software updates for the global users of Huawei P10 and Mate 10 Pro devices that come with new security improvements as well as a number of new mobile applications.
Talking specifically, the latest firmware for Huawei P10 brings May 2021 security patch, installs new Petal search, Huawei Books, GameCenter, and Huawei Browser applications. Additionally, the update adds a new app shortcut for apps such as Petal Maps, you can tap on the app to install and proceed.
Along with these new features and changes, the Mate 10 Pro is also getting Celia AI voice assistant, and April 2021 security patch. The second package content of this update reveals optimizations for system stability.
For your information, Huawei P10 and Mate 10 Pro devices are eligible to upgrade over HarmonyOS 2 software upgrade. Moreover, the Huawei Mate 10 Pro has already started testing this new operating system in China.
Soon, Huawei P10 devices will also join the HarmonyOS 2 beta testing. Meanwhile, there’s no confirmation, whether Huawei has planned to introduce this update on the global models of the Huawei P10 and Mate 10 series.
Check more information about this update detailed below.
Contact us through the mediums below
- Message us on Twitter
Huawei P10 Update information:
According to Huaweiblog, the latest software update for Huawei P10 in the global market is rolling out with EMUI 9.1 version 22.214.171.1247 and package size of around
- Integrates security patches released in May 2021 for improved system security.
- Optimizes system stability for smoother overall performance.
- Adds the Huawei apps folder to the home screen to keep you up to date on popular apps.
- Adds the following apps: Petal Search, Books, GameCenter, and Browser.
- Adds quick download shortcuts for the following apps: Petal Maps, Member Center, and Link Now. The apps can be downloaded by tapping the shortcuts.
(image source – Huaweiblog)
Huawei Mate 10 Pro Update information:
Huawei Mate 10 Pro is getting the latest software update with EMUI 10 version 10.0.0.200 and this software update comes in two software packages.
- Adds AI Voice. Say „Hey, Celia“ or press and hold The Power button for a second to wake up the voice assistant and make a request or ask a question.
- Integrates security patches released in April 2021for improved system security.
- Adds the Huawei Apps folder to the home screen so you can stay up to date with trending apps.
- Adds quick download shortcuts for the following apps: Petal Search, Books, Petal maps, Member Center, and Link Now. Touch the shortcuts to download the apps. Adds the GameCenter app.
- This update improves system stability in certain scenarios.
(image source – Huaweiblog)
How to check for software updates:
Download via Settings:
- Open Settings and click on System & Updates (System on EMUI 9.1), then open Software update.
- Tap on Check for updates option, if an update appears then click Download and install.
- After installation reboot the device.
Download via Support/My Huawei app:
- Open the Support app, then navigate to the Service tab and click on the Update button.
- Now tap on Check for update option, if found any then click Download and install.
- After the installation completes, reboot the device.
- Backup important data to prevent any important data loss
- It’s recommended to manage sufficient storage
- Keep your phone charged before initiating the update installation process.
Huawei Nova 9 grabs February 2022 security (EMUI 12)
Huawei Nova 9 comes with a versatile camera system that allows you to take amazing photographs on every occasion. The phone doesn’t only come with a monstrous camera setup but also has its beautiful curved display that goes edge to edge to provide you with mesmerizing viewing experience for on-screen content.
Aside from powerful hardware and camera prowess, Huawei continuously improved this smartphone with the latest software updates. Therefore, it sends a new firmware rollout for the EMUI 12, which comes pre-installed on this phone.
In the latest edition, Huawei is sending a new software update for the Nova 9 global consumers that consist of a February 2022 EMUI security patch. Yes, we are sure that you may be thinking, why Huawei Nova 9 phone has received a February 2022 update instead of April or May? Well, Nova 9 is currently scheduled under the quarterly updates section and it could be the reason why Huawei is sending this software update.
You can get this software version via the Update section by going into Settings > from here tap on System & updates > here you can tap on Software updates and then you can follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the latest EMUI version. However, we recommend you to wait while the update installs on your Huawei Nova 9 smartphone, as it may take a few minutes to settle in your phone.
Huawei Nova 9 is powered by Snapdragon 778 4G including an octa-core architecture consisting of 4 x Cortex-A78 at 2.42 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 at 1.8 GHz. The quad rear camera system consists of a 50 MP Ultra Vision Camera (f/1.9 aperture), 8 MP Ultra Wide Angle Camera (f/2.2 aperture), 2 MP Depth Camera (f/2.4 aperture), and 2 MP Macro Camera (f/2.4 aperture). On the front side, the phone has a powerful 32MP camera.
(via – Huaweiailesi)
April 2022 update for Huawei Nova 7 5G rolling out (global)
Huawei has started sending a new firmware version for Nova 7 5G smartphone in the global market that brings April 2022 security update. The phone is first released in China and later became available for global consumers. As for your information, it’s EMUI 12 eligible and consumers have already upgraded their phones with the latest firmware in advance.
As per the changelog, the latest Huawei Nova 7 5G software update installs April 2022 EMUI security patches to improve the overall system security. On the other hand, the rollout occurs only in EMUI 12-powered devices. However, we recommend users of Nova 7 5G get on board with EMUI 12 to enjoy the latest software features.
On the flip side, the changelog comes with EMUI 12 version 126.96.36.199, and an update package size of 233 megabytes. Also, the changelog doesn’t have many changes to mention but it could also optimize some of the performance-related tasks in the background.
Huawei EMUI 12 has a number of new features that are ready to improve your user experience with new addition such as better animations, a control panel as well as the notification center, and performance enhancements that are better than EMUI 11.
We want to note that the company is sending the latest security patch in batches and it may come to your phone under the Update settings. So make sure you check continuously for updates.
Huawei Mate 40 Pro is getting May 2022 update
Huawei Mate 40 Pro global models are now receiving a new software update that comes with May 2022 security patch for the EMUI software system. For your information, the Huawei Mate 40 Pro currently runs EMUI 12, which has been upgraded from EMUI 11.0.
EMUI 12 has a lot of new functionalities for the Mate 40 Pro smartphone and it brings simplicity from its core to the consumers that are better than the last generation. However, we also want to point out that you should install this new EMUI version if you haven’t already.
Huawei Mate 40 Pro in China is running HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system, which is different from EMUI but it looks all the same when it comes to the user interface. We also want to mention that Huawei Mate 40 Pro is also the first smartphone to get May 2022 EMUI security update. However, more devices will get the upgrade soon once it starts to rollout for the models.
To update your Huawei Mate 40 Pro, you need to tap on Settings > from here tap on System & updates, and then head towards Software update from here you can tap on the on-screen instructions that will lead you towards downloading the new EMUI version.
To be mentioned, Huawei Mate 40 Pro comes with a large display featuring a pill shape hole punch, the phone has curved edges on the left and right sides. The phone is powered by Kirin 9000 5nm chipset and a big circle camera bump on the rear side that takes amazing photographs.
(source – huaweiblog)